Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trade for a 1st round pick this year?

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, it'll be hilarious if Victor Oladipo or Shabazz Muhammad fall to OKC in this year's draft.

I'm still shaking my head with the Lowry trade. You don't trade potential lottery pick unless you can get a great player or a great young player in return not for a career backup PG.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Btw, it'll be hilarious if Victor Oladipo or Shabazz Muhammad fall to OKC in this year's draft.

I'm still shaking my head with the Lowry trade. You don't trade potential lottery pick unless you can get a great player or a great young player in return not for a career backup PG.
    It's starting to bite Toronto in the butt. The Raptors possibly could have had a chance at Trey Burke (my opinion/like).

I don't know, I personally don't think the trades AFTER acquiring Lowry would have garnered us getting Rudy Gay. Calderon would still have to be traded, who would we be stuck at point guard with?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post

Also, that's a great point in itself. Oklahoma is arguably the best team in terms of working in/around the draft, and or attaining assets with draft picks, etc, etc. If they are able to acquire Muhammad, that would be a huge plus.

Toronto will end up in the 9th/10th seed in the conference, only a top 15 pick, but lots of choices.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    It's starting to bite Toronto in the butt. The Raptors possibly could have had a chance at Trey Burke (my opinion/like).

I don't know, I personally don't think the trades AFTER acquiring Lowry would have garnered us getting Rudy Gay. Calderon would still have to be traded, who would we be stuck at point guard with?
    That's true. I guess that's the only positive thing i can say about this trade.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys dont give Lowry enought credit and y'all give this draft WAY to much credit.

6. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    You guys dont give Lowry enought credit and y'all give this draft WAY to much credit.
    This draft is VERY similar to 2011, but NO Kyrie Irvings. Maybe a player or two with the TYPE of potential like Valanciunas, otherwise, no big time franchise changers.

Just a great amount of players who could be solid NBA starters and or role players for years. This is a draft better suited for the contenders (OKC, SA) or treadmill teams (Boston - now becoming one - Nets/Knicks) looking for some pieces to build with.

Thread Information