Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 95 of 95

Thread: GT: Raps @ Knicks

  1. #81
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    If we're tanking we'll see Lucas even more on the floor would be fun to see aaron play as PG by the way Kleiza is shutdown for the rest of the season. ( he's healthy )



    I'd like to see Kleiza go Sprewell tribute on Casey during a game. Go ram his head into the scorer's table and check himself in at PG....obviously he'd get ejected right away. But Casey would get a much needed smack to the head.

  2. Like rocwell liked this post
  3. #82
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    993
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The last 5 games Lucas has played in he's shot 2-25, and those 2 he hit were today. Man, it's like early-season Lucas all over again.

  4. #83
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lucas is a nightmare 3rd string is even a stretch hes an undersized SG thats what he is guy is a nightmare at point.

  5. #84
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Most selfish group of perimeter players the Raps have had in a long, long time. It's even worse now that the season is done and it's every man for himself.

    Recorded the game, couldn't watch most of it. Seeing Val go 4-4 and standing under the basket wide open on about 5 or 6 other possessions where no one would pass him the ball was it for me. Especially when most of those possessions ended up in midrange jumpers.

    Just don't think I can watch Anderson and Lucas out there chucking away anymore. I have tickets to the Raps game on April 14. Think that might be my next, and last, Raps game this year....

  6. Like white men can't jump, mcHAPPY liked this post
  7. #85
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    When Jonas makes a dumb mistake it's called growing pains, and the price of growing or something like that. But what do we call the dumbfounded mistakes by other players and the annoying lack of something resembling sound offense.
    Dude, JV is just too inconsistent. I mean, one game he misses 1 shot, the next he makes every shot and then he misses like 3 shots the next game. Come on. I mean, his FG% is wildly erratic. He's shot between 55% and 100% his last 6 games! How can a coach live with that? On Friday, he even missed a free throw!!!!!!

    What you need out there are solid vets like John Lucas and Alan Anderson. You know waht you're getting with those guys. They can't make anything. You can plan around that. More mid-range jumpers! More contested threes! YEEEAAARRGGGHHHH!

  8. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
  9. #86
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Most selfish group of perimeter players the Raps have had in a long, long time. It's even worse now that the season is done and it's every man for himself.

    Recorded the game, couldn't watch most of it. Seeing Val go 4-4 and standing under the basket wide open on about 5 or 6 other possessions where no one would pass him the ball was it for me. Especially when most of those possessions ended up in midrange jumpers.

    Just don't think I can watch Anderson and Lucas out there chucking away anymore. I have tickets to the Raps game on April 14. Think that might be my next, and last, Raps game this year....
    Unbelievably frustrating to watch. You know, when there are no expectations and all you want to see is the team try and finish out developing chemistry and young players, and you can still say the way they're playing is fucking unacceptable, there's a really big problem.

    So sick of watching the game be monopolized by scrubs who are being played in rotation spots that are way above their abilities. At least they could forcefeed the rooks instead. Jonas.....11 pts on 4 fga...fucking ridiculous. Even Ross had a quietly efficient night.

    The absolute only positive I can take away from this game is that Fields played really well, again proving that he's valuable as a glueguy.....and really, that AA has no business being on this team.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Mar 24th, 2013 at 12:30 PM.

  10. #87
    Raptors Republic All-Star iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Most selfish group of perimeter players the Raps have had in a long, long time. It's even worse now that the season is done and it's every man for himself.

    Recorded the game, couldn't watch most of it. Seeing Val go 4-4 and standing under the basket wide open on about 5 or 6 other possessions where no one would pass him the ball was it for me. Especially when most of those possessions ended up in midrange jumpers.

    Just don't think I can watch Anderson and Lucas out there chucking away anymore. I have tickets to the Raps game on April 14. Think that might be my next, and last, Raps game this year....
    Well seeing as April 14 is pretty much the end of the season it would make sense you're basically not gonna see them again for along while

  11. #88
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I didnt see the game but just skimmed through the highlights and honestly FUCK the Knicks Carmelo Kenyon and JR are fucking asses 2-2 series Raps have a rival now.

  12. #89
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I didnt see the game but just skimmed through the highlights and honestly FUCK the Knicks Carmelo Kenyon and JR are fucking asses 2-2 series Raps have a rival now.
    Yeah, Kenyon especially played like a punk all night, and got to look good because JV's teammates never had his back on rotations....yes, sometimes it's his fault for not defending the p'n'r, but a fair amount of times last night it was his teammates failing to make the help rotation to keep his man from being able to roll for a dunk.

  13. #90
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not worried about Kenyon he may not even have a job next season... Carmelo and JR though... not high character guys at all.

  14. #91
    Raptors Republic Rookie AlienOverlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't understand the hate for AA. The guy just tied a Raptors high for most points in a quarter, having already come one point shy earlier this season. He's had more 4 point plays this season then the whole team has had for the 10 seasons before (not an actual stat, but he's had at least a half dozen which is crazy). Sure, sometimes he looks like a chucker but then so does Melo. How do you think opposing fans feel when they see him going into a three point shot? They're screaming at their TVs "Don't leave that guy open!"

    Of course, now that the season is done I don't see the point in raising his value with extended playing time. I'd like to resign him on the cheap but the way he's been playing this year he could get a $4 million a year offer.

  15. #92
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hes streaky and takes bad shots but a part of him taking bad shots is when he is playing he is usually beside Lucas which if both are playing like shit the team is dead in the water cause it means the bench literally gave us nothing and before you know it its a 17-32 point quarter that ultimately costs us the game.

    We need a bench unit that can either put up a consistent attack or hold down the fort defensively while the starters take their 5-10 minute rests...

  16. #93
    Raptors Republic Rookie AlienOverlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He's had a few bad games but then so does every player. Considering what he is capable of I'm tired of seeing him referred to as a scrub. Also, he does hold the fort defensively. So, is he taking the blame when the rest of the bench fails?

  17. #94
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Now think why AA and Lucas chucks? Make stupid shots? Why DD and RG are throwing bricks from mid range and why Lowry doesn't look like himself. Because of the coach. Period. Coach cannot allow such things, if they throw these bricks and coach is fine with that, then well, it's horrible. If coach just cannot control them then it's even more horrible, though I don't believe this may be the case. Of course one may say coach is GM puppet and maybe GM is someone's else puppet doll, but it's not just players. Player like AA would flourish in team like San Antonio under short leash, I'm not even talking about JV.
    #FREE

  18. #95
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,513
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I didnt see the game but just skimmed through the highlights and honestly FUCK the Knicks Carmelo Kenyon and JR are fucking asses 2-2 series Raps have a rival now.
    Kenyon dunking the putback on JV and then yelling in his face was enough for me.

    And then JR Smith putting in the layup at the buzzer at the end of the game....I was pissed.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

    Twitter - @thekid_it

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •