Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me what Casey is doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the very least with a new GM he deserves the "Sam Mitchell" chance lol

Comment

• Don't be ridiculous. There's no way Casey could make such a paradigm shift in his offense ability over the course of one summer. "Give him another chance" is just another way of saying "waste yet another year".

Comment

• Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
          Don't be ridiculous. There's no way Casey could make such a paradigm shift in his offense ability over the course of one summer. "Give him another chance" is just another way of saying "waste yet another year".
          which is better to have better ast around him or Casey can humble to the ast coach stand point I think Raps losing him would be a huge loss.

Comment

• Comment

• [QUOTE=Nilanka;209355]

Comment

• [QUOTE=Elkabong;210022]
                Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I agree, He's better suited for asst. Coaching. The new GM would be foolish to retain him unless the plan is to tank,
                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Call me greedy but I'd like to see something like the other two teams remaining in SA and MIA - great O and D.

San Antonio: 7th OffRtg, 3rd DefRtg
                  Miami: 2nd OffRtg, 7th DefRtg

Miami does it with superstar talent and complimentary pieces while SA does it with borderline superstar talent (Timmy is great but not what he was) with complimentary pieces/ideal fits to the system.
                  That's not very charitable towards a player who was in the discussion for MVP before he was hurt. Yes, I am speaking of Tony Parker, a player who will likely end up in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                    That's not very charitable towards a player who was in the discussion for MVP before he was hurt. Yes, I am speaking of Tony Parker, a player who will likely end up in the Hall of Fame.
                    That is true.

Parker is an all-star, no question.

I think what a better way to describe the complimentary pieces to the system is to take a look at the on/off court net +/- on the season for the Spurs this season. Not a single player is in the negative.

http://www.82games.com/1213/1213SAS.HTM
                    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed May 29, 2013, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Eric Akshinthala;210038]
                      Elkabong wrote: View Post

I agree, He's better suited for asst. Coaching. The new GM would be foolish to retain him unless the plan is to tank,
                      The wheels on the bus go round and round. round and round. round and round...

Casey was overrated by Raps fans last season and is being unfairly blamed this year. The truth is that the team isn't very good. Mitchell got fired even though the problems weren't his fault, so that Colangelo could escape blame. Same with Triano. May as well throw Casey under the bus as well.

Maybe the reason we can't get Ujiri to Toronto is that he's having trouble climbing over the pile of bodies that are past Raptor scapegoats (Carter, Bosh, Turkoglu, O'Neal, Babcock, Bargnani, Triano, Mitchell, O'Neill).....

Having said all that, I don't think Casey is the answer here and would be happy to see him go. But let's not delude ourselves that it will solve much of anything with this mess of a roster going forward.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Casey was overrated by Raps fans last season and is being unfairly blamed this year. The truth is that the team isn't very good. Mitchell got fired even though the problems weren't his fault, so that Colangelo could escape blame. Same with Triano. May as well throw Casey under the bus as well.
                        The result of a game(win/loss) is not an indication of good Coaching. A team can lose despite good coaching and win despite poor coaching. A good Coach is one who brings the best out of his players irrespective of the degree of their talent respectively AND MOST IMPORTANTLY manages the game(intelligent substitutions, drawing effective plays, sustain techniques etc) to the maximum. Casey lacks here.

I have never agreed with Mitchells firing. Mithcel was not great but a good Coach but I wouldn't say the same about Casey. Casey is not a good Coach.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• [QUOTE=slaw;210048]
                          Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post

Maybe the reason we can't get Ujiri to Toronto is that he's having trouble climbing over the pile of bodies that are past Raptor scapegoats (Carter, Bosh, Turkoglu, O'Neal, Babcock, Bargnani, Triano, Mitchell, O'Neill).....

Having said all that, I don't think Casey is the answer here and would be happy to see him go. But let's not delude ourselves that it will solve much of anything with this mess of a roster going forward.
                          it's not about throwing people under the bus just for the fun of it.it's about looking at his 2 years of work and looking at his strengths and weaknesses.this was a painful season to sit thru and most of it from my seat can be put right at Casey's feet. we went 2-7 in overtime games and i'll tell you that we could/should have won pretty much every one of those games in regulation and he was coaching overmatched down the stretch in almost every one of those.those games we lost to the bobcats+pistons by one point each when we were 3-9 were easily winnable with some better floor general work..... the list goes on and on and i was cringing so many times this season i can't count them all.while we might not have a contender for all the marbles we did have a core that was good enough to make the playoffs with better in game management

Comment

• I think anyone that think casey is a bad coach is delusional, someone said a few posts up that when the jumpers are dropping the offense is fine.

lets think about that for a second, last time I checked casey was the coach,he is not on the court missing shots so how is the offense bad if the player misses the shot but good if the player hits the same shot?

nothing is wrong with casey, the players on this team and in the nba get paid to hit that open shot, coach draws up the play to get the open shot, they have to hit it end of story.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              I think anyone that think casey is a bad coach is delusional, someone said a few posts up that when the jumpers are dropping the offense is fine.

lets think about that for a second, last time I checked casey was the coach,he is not on the court missing shots so how is the offense bad if the player misses the shot but good if the player hits the same shot?

nothing is wrong with casey, the players on this team and in the nba get paid to hit that open shot, coach draws up the play to get the open shot, they have to hit it end of story.
                              When the jumpers are falling, the team is scoring, but the offense is still shit. Because as soon as the jumpers stop falling, scoring droughts occur. A team that is full of mediocre shooters shouldn't rely on long 2's.

I'm sure Casey would be the first to admit that the offense that was run last season was pretty bad

Comment

• We need to employ more backdoor cuts etc for easy buckets Raps should employ more use of HORNS offense but if I continue im pretty much describing what Jerry Sloan would do...lol

Comment

Working...
                                X