Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      When i think greatest i think guys who played their hearts out and gave it 200% everynight. You have freaking andrea bargnani in your top 10. What has he accomplished? absolutely nothing
      Well if that's your criteria then i guess Quincy Acy will end up as one of the all time Raptors great. Because the guy gives his 200% effort every night.

This list is all about the most talented players that ever played for this franchise. Do you really think JYD is a better player than Bargnani? get off the Haterade.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Well if that's your criteria then i guess Quincy Acy will end up as one of the all time Raptors great. Because the guy gives his 200% effort every night.

This list is all about the most talented players that ever played for this franchise. Do you really think JYD is a better player than Bargnani? get off the Haterade.
        Yea he is. Cause he contributed to a winning team. And Quincy Acy? the dude doesn't even play

Comment

And players who actually want to play for Toronto. I don't give a shit about talent if they aren't going to give it their all and play for the team. Your list is flawed
          Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Wed Mar 27, 2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Yea he is. Cause he contributed to a winning team. And Quincy Acy? the dude doesn't even play
            Yeah he needs to thank Vince Carter for that. If Andrea Bargnani was in that era he would've contributed too, maybe more.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yeah he needs to thank Vince Carter for that. If Andrea Bargnani was in that era he would've contributed too, maybe more.
              lol no he wouldn't. his soft ass would be glued to the bench behind Antonio Davis and Oakley. He'd probably make the team even worse thus decreasing our chances of being a winning team.

Comment

This still isn't as fun as talking about scrubs....I was able to list 10 Cs of various scrubbiness and still leave off guys like Patrick O'Bryant, Solomon Alabi, Alexis Ajinca, as someone else noted, Aleks Radojevic, and countless others...Really, it gets hard to keep thinking of scrub bigs the Raps have had, because there are just too many. (That's why I appreciate having a prospect like JV so much)

And in the biggest mistake of all time, I can't believe I had that list, and that Yogi Stewart wasn't on it...my bad.

Comment

JYD's a role player. And no he's not better than any of the 10 guys that i listed.
                  Perhaps you should have called this list the "Most talented Raptors" of all-time, because that seems to be the way you're taking it. When talking about "Greatness" relative to a franchise, you have to take into consideration the cultural/fan aspect, as well as the on-court production/contributions.

We don't have anyone who can be considered Great from the NBA level other than Vince Carter.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Here are my Top 10 Greatest Raptors - which doesn't have to mean great players, but great for this franchise.

#1 - Vince Carter - no explanation needed
                    #2 - Chris Bosh - no explanation needed
                    #3 - Morris Peterson - 542 games played, Franchise all-time leader; 371 consecutive games played - Raps Iron-Man; all-time 3 pt leader with 801
                    #4 - Damon Stoudamire - by winning the rookie of the year award (avg 19 pts, 9 assists), he gave instant credibility to the new franchise, holds numerous assists records still
                    #5 - Jose Calderon - 525 games played, second all-time
                    #6 - Antonio Davis - highest rebounding season in franchise (787) and 2nd all-time in RPG with 9.2 (Bosh leads with 9.4)
                    #7 - Tracy McGrady - dunk contest in 2000 helped elevate franchise, phenominal scorer, biggest "what if"
                    #8 - Charles Oakley - one of 3 players to grab over 700 boards in a season for the Raps, toughness changed the culture, still referred to as what the team is missing
                    #9 - Doug Christie - most steals in 1 half with 8, all-time leader in franchise steals 734 (Mo Pete is 2nd with 552)
                    #10 - Demar Derozan - perhaps a stretch as he hasn't proven as much yet, but he is a hard worker who is getting better.

Honourable Mentions: Anthony Parker, Mugsey Bogues, Keon Clark, JYD, Amir Johnson, Jorge Garbajosa

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                      i have no idea who the other two would be... Zan Tabak, and........... ?
                      It has to be Rick Brunson.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        It has to be Rick Brunson.
                        What about Jerome Moiso? The bug-eyed big man with the lefty touch.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                          What about Jerome Moiso? The bug-eyed big man with the lefty touch.
                          I'd take Moiso over Bargnani

Comment

Okay new list: Top 10 7-footers in Raptors history:

1. Kevin Willis
                            2. Andrea Bargnani
                            3. Rasho Nesterovic
                            4. Aaron Gray
                            5. Hakeem Olajuwon
                            6. Zan Tabak
                            7. Loren Woods
                            8. Eric Montross
                            9. Mamadou N'Diaye
                            10. Alexis Ajinca

Those who didn't make the cut: Aleksandar Redothepick, Ed Stokes, Garth Joseph, Benoit Benjamin, Solomon Alabi, Nate Huffman, Primoz Brezec, Patrick O'Bryant

One can argue that this list can also be used as a manifesto on why Raptors should stay away from 7 footers.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              This still isn't as fun as talking about scrubs....I was able to list 10 Cs of various scrubbiness and still leave off guys like Patrick O'Bryant, Solomon Alabi, Alexis Ajinca, as someone else noted, Aleks Radojevic, and countless others...Really, it gets hard to keep thinking of scrub bigs the Raps have had, because there are just too many. (That's why I appreciate having a prospect like JV so much)

And in the biggest mistake of all time, I can't believe I had that list, and that Yogi Stewart wasn't on it...my bad.
                              you also forgot to mention almost unmentionable due to their extraordinary forgetability players like Dan O'Sullivan, Mark Baker, Clifford Rozier, and Brad Lohaus

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                                Okay new list: Top 10 7-footers in Raptors history:

1. Kevin Willis
                                2. Andrea Bargnani
                                3. Rasho Nesterovic
                                4. Aaron Gray
                                5. Hakeem Olajuwon
                                6. Zan Tabak
                                7. Loren Woods
                                8. Eric Montross
                                9. Mamadou N'Diaye
                                10. Alexis Ajinca

Those who didn't make the cut: Aleksandar Redothepick, Ed Stokes, Garth Joseph, Benoit Benjamin, Solomon Alabi, Nate Huffman, Primoz Brezec, Patrick O'Bryant

One can argue that this list can also be used as a manifesto on why Raptors should stay away from 7 footers.
                                I'll admit to being a Primo Brezec fan. He never got a fair shake from the Raps and could have produced for us. No argument with Kevin Willis being #1. Guy was a pro's pro.

Comment

Working...
                                X