Colangelo loves his Italian forwards...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Do we also have to trade for Mario Chalmers? I envision a green Raptor mascot...
    the lack of a Mario on the team is okay with me, as long as Kleiza or Bargs (if either are still here) agree to grow a big thick plumber moustache

the green raptor is a must

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      I know we all decided we don't like Bargnani and stuff, but this is plain stupid.
      Dude what is your beef? did I hurt your feelings some time ago? you have trolling my posts for a little while now...relax.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        Dude what is your beef? did I hurt your feelings some time ago? you have trolling my posts for a little while now...relax.
        Seriously? The only other thing I said about/to you (as far as I remember) was about you presenting wrong stats. I presented the correct stats with evidence and I don't think that's trolling. And about this comment; you make these sorts of statements all the time and once in a while someone will make a comment about one of these posts, because, well, they are pretty annoying. There is no substance to them, you never present any real evidence which you can back up with sources or sourced numbers and embark on pretty much derogatory posts. You shouldn't be surprised that they'll sometimes garner a reaction.

Comment

I watched Datome while I was in Italy. Dude is more Garbo than AB by a mile. Heart, hustle, outside shooting game but always crashes the glass. Good (Euro) defensive player and Virtus' "glue" guy. Gawani is a better low post guy but you could tell he's out for his while Datome sets the tone for the squad. Bargs may have more skill but Big D has all the rest of the so called intangibles.

BTW, VR plays in a 4000 seater that was louder and more rambunctious than any non playoff ACC game I've ever been to.
          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
            I watched Datome while I was in Italy. Dude is more Garbo than AB by a mile. Heart, hustle, outside shooting game but always crashes the glass. Good (Euro) defensive player and Virtus' "glue" guy. Gawani is a better low post guy but you could tell he's out for his while Datome sets the tone for the squad. Bargs may have more skill but Big D has all the rest of the so called intangibles.

BTW, VR plays in a 4000 seater that was louder and more rambunctious than any non playoff ACC game I've ever been to.
            If he can make open threes and rebound. I'll be satisfied. I like how his around same age as pretty much everybody on the team(25 years old)
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
              Scouting Italian forward......what does that say about where we are as a franchise? His tenure should come to an end sooner rather thab later.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                Scouting Italian forward......what does that say about where we are as a franchise? His tenure should come to an end sooner rather thab later.
                #fail

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  It says that we're hard pressed against the cap. That we need get cheap deals in free agency. If you didn't noticed were not the only team scouting Datome either.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

There are probably about 50 players from Europe in the nba. It would be incredibly stupid not to scout there.

Comment

There are probably about 50 players from Europe in the nba. It would be incredibly stupid not to scout there.
                      I'd actually venture a guess and says its well over 100.

But regardless, your points stands: any GM who decides Europe is NOT a valid source of Talent should not have a job in the NBA.

ADD #1: Depending on your definition of "Europe", one could easily make the case there are about 120 players in the NBA from Europe, based on the compiled list from wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...gn_NBA_players

ADD #2: On an unrelated note, Canada has now become the country with the most foreign born NBA players. And we can still barely make a FIBA tournament. Fancy that!
                      Last edited by Joey; Wed Mar 27, 2013, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Agreed. 3pt shooting could very well be solved with a couple cheap overseas signings

Comment

Gigi is a great name for a miniature poodle.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post

Thanks for insights.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              If BC is scouting for international players, he would be better off just spying on what the scouts from San Antonio are doing. They've written the book on how to scout non-Amercian players.
                              A very common myth. Since Parker in 2001, they've drafted more than a few foreign duds, while trading away their best foreign picks (Scola, Barbosa, Dragic), for what turned out to be scrap, before they even saw the floor for them. Another associated myth is that they actually had a clue what Ginobli would turn into. If they did, why would they have waited until the 57th pick to grab him, instead of wasting the 29 pick on a mentally ill Leon Smith who never saw the floor for them?

The draft is as much of a crapshoot for the Spurs as it is for anybody else in the NBA.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                                the lack of a Mario on the team is okay with me, as long as Kleiza or Bargs (if either are still here) agree to grow a big thick plumber moustache

the green raptor is a must
                                ahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X