Where should Dwight Howard go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should Dwight Howard go?

Given the drama that surrounds this guy, I couldn't help but create a thread about him. So, if you were Dwight Howard, where would you want to play next year?

My thoughts are with Houston. Adding Dwight should easily elevate the Rockets to contenders. With Harden, Lin and Asik on board, this would be a very formidable outfit. Of course, the same was said about the Lakers after Howard was added, so who knows how he would mix with the other great player in Houston. Perhaps the best option for Dwight is to return to another small market team, where he would be "the man" (the only one) and could be surrounded by good shooters. Thoughts?

Stay in LA and stick it out until everyone forgets about Orlando. Leaving another team high and dry will just create more controversies and unnecessary drama.

Doing it once will be forgotten. Doing it TWICE will stay with him forever.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
      Stay in LA and stick it out until everyone forgets about Orlando. Leaving another team high and dry will just create more controversies and unnecessary drama.

Doing it once will be forgotten. Doing it TWICE will stay with him forever.
      Don't discount the possibility that LA would consider signing and trading him as their choice if they get an interesting offer. They are the Lakers and never have to act out of desperation. I do think a trade is pretty damn unlikely, but I can't discount it if another team throws another young all-star at them in a package.

That last part is why I think Houston will have a hard time actually landing Howard. They can offer LA interesting pieces, but they can't offer them a star to sell/build around.

Comment

I hate Dwight. He should stay with LA so both him, and the franchise can crumble. I HATE big name franchises.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Who can afford to sign him out right? I believe Atlanta can, the Lakers can, I'm sure the Nets would have NO problem paying any tax associated with his signing, but I think there are some restrictions that would exclude them.

If I'm Dwight, I'm not sure I stick around in LA, every core player on their team is over the hill... bryant, gasol, artest, nash. I also think that Buss had a lot to do with their winning, without him, can you be certain as a player that ownership is going to do the same things it takes to win?

I think the odds of him staying in LA have a lot to do with how many games the Lakers in the playoffs.

Don't make the playoffs: 25% chance he stays
          Make the playoffs, but don't win any playoff games: 35% he stays
          1 playoff win: 40% he stays
          2 playoff wins: 55% he stays
          3 playoff wins: 75% he stays
          4 playoff wins: 85% he stays
          5 playoff wins: 85% he stays
          6 playoff wins: 95% he stays
          7 or more playoff wins: 100% he stays.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
          X