GT: Raptors vs Hawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    Not really, the team has mailed it in. Gay wanted off the floor last night. So did Lowry. Derozan has nothing to play for cause he has his money. Lucas and Anderson are playing for contracts next year with someone else, trying to pad stats. The only main guys trying consistently are JV and Amir. Ross just looks happy not to be rotting on the bench.

The funniest moment to me was right near the end when Lucas went on one of his one man fast breaks and at the back of the play you can see JV and Demar glance at each other and just stop. You could see the "I'm not even gonna bother running up there and then back after the miss" look on their faces.

Raptors Basketball everyone! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    The winning culture instilled last year is paying dividends today.

Who needs Damian Lillard....

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Raptors need to get rid of the 3 stooges on this team(Lowry, DeRozan, and Casey) + Bargnani.

Package Bargnani + DeRozan for whatever or Bargnani + Lowry for whatever.

Casey

- JV sat too long
      - Gay sat too long
      - His lineup to start the 2nd and 4th was a joke.
      - Plays after timeout is comical.

DeRozan

- Not a winning player. I've seen enough of this guy.
      - Always gets stripped with the ball while driving.
      - Very inconsistent shooter. Horrendous 3pt shooter.
      - Very inefficient. Bargnani like.

Lowry

- Headcase. The technical in the 2nd was STUPID.
      - Someone argued with me in this forum that Lowry is a better PG than Teague. Well, LOL Teague TOYED around Lowry all game long.
      - Defensively he's just as bad as Calderon.
      - Shot selection is horrendous.
      - Backup PG at best.
      As long as Colangelo is here, DeMar will be a Raptor. Like rocwell said, he doesn't have the balls to do it. He just gave him a massive contract...trading him would just give further impression that he doesn't know what he's doing.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        the team definitely stopped caring sometime in the third period but not playing JV and Ross more, who were having great games, was inexcusable.

JV was looking like a beast in the post, i can't wait to see what he can do when he's had some more training in it.
        They did play a lot of time, and from what I saw were giving a lot of plays up due to not knowing what to do defensively...not sure what more you want Casey played them we are going to be giving up wins now because we want these 2 to get better.

They are both good talents but they get exposed a lot.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          the team definitely stopped caring sometime in the third period but not playing JV and Ross more, who were having great games, was inexcusable.

JV was looking like a beast in the post, i can't wait to see what he can do when he's had some more training in it.
          He couldn't really play JV more. He managed his minutes very well I thought. He got in 1st quarter foul trouble. Casey sat him until 7 or 8 minutes left in the 2nd. Put him in for a few minutes to basically rest Amir...Was able to put Amir back out there with 2 or 3 minutes left and save JV from getting his 3rd foul....I thought it was a game where Casey actually managed JV's minutes pretty damn well.

*It also made a lot of sense to me for him to keep him out so long through the 3rd/4th Q. Normally, he would stagger it so Amir finishes the game and JV gets earlier minutes in that same part of the 2nd half. But with Amir out, Casey needed JV available to finish, so he ran Gray out for basically as long as he could go, knowing once JV was in, he probably wouldn't rest again.

JV ended with almost 32 minutes, about 10 minutes above his season average. He's been getting more run the last few games, sitting nicely at around 30 mpg. Frankly the last couple of games he looks a bit gassed at times, probably still getting used to the bigger minutes load. Don't need to overexhaust him or anything at this point. If he keeps averaging around 30 mpg (more when he's playing real well or matchups demand it), I'll be happy.
          Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Mar 28, 2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

The fans don't care anymore. These threads are topping out at 3-4 pages now. There isn't much more to even say about this waste of a season.

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
              The fans don't care anymore. These threads are topping out at 3-4 pages now. There isn't much more to even say about this waste of a season.
              +1

For the first time in franchise history, indifference is starting to set in for me. I haven't watched any of the last 5 games, and I can't say I care. As long as Colangelo is running the show, it's hard to be excited about the future.

Let's go Blue Jays!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                +1

For the first time in franchise history, indifference is starting to set in for me. I haven't watched any of the last 5 games, and I can't say I care. As long as Colangelo is running the show, it's hard to be excited about the future.
                Last year, I completely bailed with about 15 games left. The last 10 or so games I have recorded and mostly just fast forward through them, other than to watch JV. He's the only guy that gives me any hope. The only player on this team I like. If he's not on the floor, it's just a waste of time.

It's not even the fact they are bad. Yeah, it's the futility but it's something else. This team has really transformed into a roster with players I just don't like watching. Then, you look at this GM still being place (seemingly with the confidence of ownership) and it just wipes out any hope you have.

Jack Armstrong was commenting on how quiet the fans and media have been recently about the Raps awfulness compared to other years. It's indifference. Even the die hard fans like us are tuning out.

Comment

The winning culture instilled last year is paying dividends today.

Who needs Damian Lillard....
                  Or Harrison Barnes.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

+1

Let's go Blue Jays!
                    slaw wrote: View Post
                    Last year, I completely bailed with about 15 games left. The last 10 or so games I have recorded and mostly just fast forward through them, other than to watch JV. He's the only guy that gives me any hope. The only player on this team I like. If he's not on the floor, it's just a waste of time.

It's not even the fact they are bad. Yeah, it's the futility but it's something else. This team has really transformed into a roster with players I just don't like watching. Then, you look at this GM still being place (seemingly with the confidence of ownership) and it just wipes out any hope you have.

Jack Armstrong was commenting on how quiet the fans and media have been recently about the Raps awfulness compared to other years. It's indifference. Even the die hard fans like us are tuning out.
                    I agree. I think a lot of fans were inspired by the team's turnaround following the terrible start to the season, thanks to a renewed commitment to defense and team-first play, led by Calderon, Johnson and Davis. Suddenly Calderon & Davis are traded (I still like the trade for the long-term), the team's bad habits return and it looks like a bunch of selfish, me-first D-leaguers out on the court who aren't the least bit interested in developing any sort of on-court chemistry.

The fact that the coach allows this horrendous brand of basketball to continue, while simultaneously limiting the playing time and individual development of the rookies, only adds to the bad vibe. Watching Bargnani and Kleiza rot away until the inevitable happens, only adds to the doom & gloom feeling hovering over this team. And of course, overseeing all of it, is the guy who's kool-aid seems to be finally running out.

This franchise needs to clean house big time. Valanciunas is the only 'keeper', though I don't expect Gay, Lowry or Ross to go anywhere either (which I'd be fine with, if the other assets are used to improve the team smartly with the long-term in mind). BC and DC both need to go, if this team is truly going to start fresh.

Comment

Working...
                    X