No announcement yet.

What's james johnson up to these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's james johnson up to these days?

Don't really follow the kings at all, how's he doing?
    @sweatpantsjer

I haven't watched the Kings since they played the Raptors last but I see that JJ is averaging just 7 minutes a game in March. He's buried on the bench of a struggling team. He'll likely be a UFA in July.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3999/james-johnson

Comment

Which is quite the opposite of what Jerryd Bayless is doing in Memphis.
      He's been lights out for them off the bench the last month or so.

Comment

My guess he's having the same issues there that he seems to always have. Wanting a bigger role and not doing what the coaches ask of him.

JJ is the kind of player that pisses me off. He's pretty ridiculously talented, but also clearly not capable of playing a major role, in the sense that he's a piece you put beside your "stars". If he just focused his energy on being a defensive stopper, and smartening up his O a bit while he keeps working on his shot (which has regressed badly since leaving Toronto where the coaches were always on him to improve it), he could be a 1st or 2nd all defensive team every year, and a competent enough offensive player to be valuable with any mix of guys. He has the size and athleticism to at least guard 2s, 3s and 4s, and not be a liability if he has to switch onto 1s and 5s.

It's funny, because he could easily average 30-35 mpg, just not in the role HE envisions. He just doesn't get it. I thought martial arts were supposed to teach focus and self-discipline...seems with him it's more taught him ego and stubbornness. Someone needs to karate kid his cobra kai ass.

Comment

Last thing I heard was that Johnson wasn't with the team because of personal reasons.

Comment

lol, for some reason, I miss both Bayless (I was a hater) and James Johnson (I loved this guy on the court - defensively that is).
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I was always high on Jay Bay. Happy that he's doing well in Memphis. As for James Johnson, well he's an idiot

Comment

Working...
              X