Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Top 3 pick

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I know one thing. I rather have a top 10 pick on a weak draft like this than Kyle Lowry.

Players that i would target if the Raps somehow get a top 3 pick.

1. Smart
    2. Bennett
    3. Oladipo
    Your on your own on the Lowry thing. Lowry at this point he is still worth the trade. I could definitely see Bryan picking Smart. His seems like a bigger Lowry actually.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't put it past David Stern to give us a top three pick this year. I wouldn't even know what to do with it as we're in "8th seed mode" next year, and having a rookie big in the rotation would not serve that purpose well. BC would probably trade the pick or something.
    Exactly what I thought. Stern is an ass like that. About the rotation I agree with you on that. That's why I think he would take Noel. With his injury their would be an excuse for him not to play. He wouldn't be at least fully healthy till February. Even than I would hope he would be smart about it like Rose is. It kind of be like the Jonas situation. Wait a year for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Colangelo btw i believe is in Greece scouting a 6'10 PG named Giannis Adetokoubo. Right now he's projected to go late in the 1st round. But i guarantee he'll be top 5-10 pick this summer. He's another name to keep an eye on.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Post Thanks / Like

Oladipo is interesting because of his relentless defense and motor but i'm not sure there's another player in the draft that's more useless than him offensively. he's not going to be able to drive the lane like he does in the pros.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

1. BEN MCLEMORE
    2. Nerlens Noel
    3. Anthony Bennett
    Check out Mclemores Mix tapes/ highlights... he's an explosive SG with a great 3pt shot( shooting 46% from 3)

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Exactly what I thought. Stern is an ass like that. About the rotation I agree with you on that. That's why I think he would take Noel. With his injury their would be an excuse for him not to play. He wouldn't be at least fully healthy till February. Even than I would hope he would be smart about it like Rose is. It kind of be like the Jonas situation. Wait a year for him.
    I love the belief/conspiracy theory that David Stern not only rigged one draft but now rigs every single draft.

Basically it's a belief that a person working for ruthless billionaires is constantly cheating them and risking his job, reputation and very possibly his freedom since something like this will get you prison time and all for a few laughs or petty revenge.

7. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    I love the belief/conspiracy theory that David Stern not only rigged one draft but now rigs every single draft.

Basically it's a belief that a person working for ruthless billionaires is constantly cheating them and risking his job, reputation and very possibly his freedom since something like this will get you prison time and all for a few laughs or petty revenge.
    +1

All these conspiracy theory talks is laughable really.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Post Thanks / Like

+1

All these conspiracy theory talks is laughable really.
    It is but I just find it too sketchy that two teams that lose their franchise players one summer and than win the lottery the next summer(Cleveland and New Orleans).

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    It is but I just find it too sketchy that two teams that lose their franchise players one summer and than win the lottery the next summer(Cleveland and New Orleans).
    two shitty teams win a raffle in which you have a higher chance of winning if you're shitty?

i dont find that sketchy at all.

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oladipo ALL the way.

Defense, intensity, high fg%..
    Even if he is just a really good role player, him behind Ross would be AWESOME.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Nerlens Noel declares him and JV would make a very very good front court
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Colangelo btw i believe is in Greece scouting a 6'10 PG named Giannis Adetokoubo. Right now he's projected to go late in the 1st round. But i guarantee he'll be top 5-10 pick this summer. He's another name to keep an eye on.
    6'10" Point Guard!?
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    6'10" Point Guard!?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km632hL-XCo

He grew 3 inches the last 10 months, so although he plays as point guard, the scouting video says he has point forward potential. He seems very interesting!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Noel
    Oladipo
    McLemore

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post

He grew 3 inches the last 10 months, so although he plays as point guard, the scouting video says he has point forward potential. He seems very interesting!
    Yeah, there's no way he could get away with being a PG in the NBA, at least offensively. He looks to have freakish defensive potential, possibly being able to guard every position (with exceptions). He also seems to have generally good instincts in all aspects of the game, making him an interesting offensive prospect, especially as that passing forward type of player. He is just really young and raw.

I can't imagine he gets picked too high, because he hasn't had to play against any kind of impressive level of competition. It's like drafting a high school prospect. Still, could be a very solid pick in the late 1st round or 2nd round...someone with lottery talent that you can develop without too much pressure, possibly even stashing him away in Greece for another year.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    A shorter wingspan can be an advantage.

http://www.gizmag.com/roadkill-breed...olution/26708/
    Pump the breaks for second. You see a post about wingspan and you suddenly think, "Hey that reminds me of this great article on natural selection I read about a husband and wife ornithological team in western Nebraska."

???
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post

Wow.

What an interesting prospect.

If the Raps could get Boozer and a first round pick out of Chicago, he would be a nice stash as he develops in the ACB.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Package the pick and take a run at getting Kevin Love. Anybody but JV can go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Thomas A. wrote: View Post
    Package the pick and take a run at getting Kevin Love. Anybody but JV can go.
    An interesting possibility. Definitely one "star" situation to keep an eye on. FWIW, if anyone was wondering, this is the only kind of deal where I'd happily trade Demar: for a young, all-star calibre player who can be a fixture next to JV for years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Wow.

What an interesting prospect.

If the Raps could get Boozer and a first round pick out of Chicago, he would be a nice stash as he develops in the ACB.
    Keep the dream alive

And yeah....super intriguing prospect. Definitely someone to keep an eye on, because I still can't see him going too high given his youth, mostly because the level of competition he's played.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Mar 29th, 2013 at 09:34 AM.

Thread Information