No announcement yet.

Top 3 pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who wants to trade demar i respectfully think you are STUPID. What more could you ask of this guy? He is continuing to develop every assest of his game. There was so much talk that all demar does is score and now hes learned to pass and start to become a play maker. His shot is always improving, the dude is a gym rat and not to mention he loves being in Toronto and playing here. Demar is a pro and continues to get better every damn day.

IMO our wing positions are set with Gay, DD, ross and fields (i believe in fields he is a great player minus his shot, once he get that fixed which i believe he will he will be a very positive assest to this team.) Fields is a good defender, great slasher and above average rebounder those 4 fill our wing spots perfectly in my opinion. We are a few pieces away and some development of our young players away from being a good team. We need a good veteran big (4 or 5.)

If we somehow got a top 3 pick i would be happy to pair noel with JV but he would have to come off the bench and we would need a veteran C as well. Other thing i would do is ship AB with the pick for a mid pick 10-15 and draft trey burke and say bye bye bargs.

Ideally if we draft burke and add a quality veteran big man i would be very pleased with this team and its bright future. Jv is already starting to payoff and stop playing like a rookie and i will make a guarentee that with a summer of work Ross is going to be a great scorer next year at worst. Future is brighter than we all think.

Comment

1. Noel
      2. Oladipo
      3. Smart/Bennett
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        1. Noel
        2. Oladipo
        3. Smart/Bennett
        After watching Burke in this tournament i'm convinced he's the best PG in this draft.

1. Burke
        2. Noel
        3. Bennett

There's a lot of good quality PG in this draft. I'm still a big fan of Smart, and i really like Shane Larkin a lot. Michael Carter-Williams has tons of potential. Myck Kabongo isn't too bad either.

OKC will get our pick this year so we have no chance of getting Burke or Noel but i really hope Colangelo trades for a mid 1st round pick and draft a Larkin or a Carter-Williams or that 6'10 PG from Greece, Adetoukobo.
        Last edited by The Great One; Sat Mar 30, 2013, 02:26 PM.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

No way Burke is going to be 1st overall. Yes, he's good and yes he could benefit a lot of bottom teams, but I can't see anyone picking him as a 1st overall. In my opinion he'll be in top 3-7.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            No way Burke is going to be 1st overall. Yes, he's good and yes he could benefit a lot of bottom teams, but I can't see anyone picking him as a 1st overall. In my opinion he'll be in top 3-7.
            Amazing how stock soars this time of year.

Last month he was about 15-17 at DraftExpress. He is now ranked 10th. I imagine he'll go up some more but I don't think much higher than 7th... but I have nothing to base that on other than worthless opinion.

Personally, I really like him. I've liked him all year (he and Otto Porter). Think Burke is the best PG in the draft. Smart might be a better athlete but I think Burke is a better player and PG. He is small but he does have a 6'5" wingspan.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              An interesting possibility. Definitely one "star" situation to keep an eye on. FWIW, if anyone was wondering, this is the only kind of deal where I'd happily trade Demar: for a young, all-star calibre player who can be a fixture next to JV for years.
              I've actually been wondering about this sort of potential deal as well. If the Raptors' pick goes to OKC this year, then I wonder if a package of DeRozan & Bargnani & 1 or 2 future 1st round picks for Love & Ridnour & Williams (to balance salary) could be enough to at least make Minny consider it? Assuming Love really isn't happy in Minnesota...

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                I've actually been wondering about this sort of potential deal as well. If the Raptors' pick goes to OKC this year, then I wonder if a package of DeRozan & Bargnani & 1 or 2 future 1st round picks for Love & Ridnour & Williams (to balance salary) could be enough to at least make Minny consider it? Assuming Love really isn't happy in Minnesota...
                I think if instead of Williams (I know you mentioned it to balance salary) because I doubt they give up a young guy like that, some other filler was there, they'd be very open to it. He's been playing pretty well with Love out, and if not develop into an all-star, is starting to look like he could be a solid player.

But, moving on from that specific scenario, and just addressing the concept, I do think a package that includes Demar and 1 or 2 1st round picks is the start of a deal that could bring back an all-star. The rest of the deal would be someone like Bargs, who I think is fairly likely in a Love scenario, but might not be in others, as he would likely provide some financial relief, even if it's just similar to Chicago(and Boozer), where it's just to get under the tax threshold not necessarily free up space immediately.

Another strong possibility is Lowry, who is expiring next year. I think Lowry + Demar + 1 or 2 picks could also bring back an all-star. FWIW, the situation I'd keep an eye on there is Boston. If KG decides to retire, I can see them gutting the roster. They can pretend they can quick rebuild around Rondo, but they won't have any high-calibre players beside him and likely stuck in a mediocrity cycle of low-playoffs and high lottery exits, on top of which Rondo will probably never get to 100% next season. Doc loves Demar, and I do believe Ainge would gut the roster to give tanking a shot next year if he thinks playoffs are going to be even harder than this season.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  The new Raptors fan dream is no longer "NEXT YEAR".... it has now become "NEXT THREE YEARS". What a mess.
                  And this is why I was so gung ho on firing Colangelo when Bosh left. It was the perfect time to re-boot everything. At the time, I pointed out that it wasn't just a two or three year committment to Colangelo and his plan but more likely a 5-7 year commitment. We're now down year 3 and in no better shape than 3 years ago. Except, now you have an ownership and fan base reluctant to pull the chute and rebuild properly because of all the losing in the interim. The franchise is in no-man's land.

That's why it's so important to clean house now. Like yesterday. Every year you wait isn't just one year. It's two or three or four years you have to spend cleaning up the mess.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    After watching Burke in this tournament i'm convinced he's the best PG in this draft.

1. Burke
                    2. Noel
                    3. Bennett

There's a lot of good quality PG in this draft. I'm still a big fan of Smart, and i really like Shane Larkin a lot. Michael Carter-Williams has tons of potential. Myck Kabongo isn't too bad either.

OKC will get our pick this year so we have no chance of getting Burke or Noel but i really hope Colangelo trades for a mid 1st round pick and draft a Larkin or a Carter-Williams or that 6'10 PG from Greece, Adetoukobo.
                    I'm definitely a fan of Burke, the guy has a lot of good skills already.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Draft

If we land the draft this year consider we might win the lottery or be in the lottery race, would we draft
                      Nerlens Noel
                      Ben McLemore
                      Marcus Smart

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                        If we land the draft this year consider we might win the lottery or be in the lottery race, would we draft
                        Nerlens Noel
                        Ben McLemore
                        Marcus Smart

Comment

Well played, sir.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                          X