Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This teams defense is pathetic

Comment

This team would be unbearable to watch without JV.

18 pts on 9 fgas....

Comment

Not like Washington would do it, but are you guys still sure you wouldn't trade Lowry and Ross for Wall?

And I don't want to sound like a broken record here but....

- DeRozan has gotta be the most inefficient player in Raps history. He and Bargnani actually. I mean, DeRozan just continues to make rookie mistakes. Basketball IQ is so low. SOFT. No awareness in his game whatsoever. Shot selection is horrible. Horrible shooter but yet continues to take Kobe like fadeaway shot. Horrendous 3pt shooter. Horrible finisher, butterfinger hands. We're talking about a guy that is getting paid 10mill/year and is already in his 4th NBA season. YIKES. What does this guy do best? at least Bargnani can shoot. Oh yeah DeRozan is a hardworker

- Lowry continues to suck. Decision making is horrible. Looking more and more like a backup PG to me. Can we get that 1st round pick back?

- Gay is clearly not 100% why not shut him down? what's the point of playing him? Gay though at less than 100% is still better than any of the Raps wing players.

- Valanciunas is already the Raptors 2nd best player.

- Raps under Triano were a very good offensive team but a horrible defensive team. Raptors under Casey suck both on offense and defense. But yeah, POUND THE ROCK! whatever.
        Last edited by The Great One; Sun Mar 31, 2013, 09:23 PM.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Well Casey is here because of his defensive expertise. So it's all clear why next season we should have new coach right?!

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
            Not like Washington would do it, but are you guys still sure you wouldn't trade Lowry and Ross for Wall?
            First off, I'm going to ignore your whole post except the actual trade idea.

I don't know if I've ever replied to this specific scenario, so I don't think I'm flip flopping but I could be, but I would trade Lowry and Ross for Wall without hesitation.

Wall has franchise PG potential that he barely has to improve to achieve. Since coming back his shooting has been better, and that was one major issue. Hopefully he can sustain it next year. He still needs to learn to play a bit more under control, because he turns it over too much, and he also seems to not use his head sometimes. He is arguably the most athletic PG in the league, comparing only with Westbrook and Rose in that area, and can definitely a true PG and floor general.

It's been pretty obvious since day 1 that JV is the future of this franchise. That makes securing a PG one of the easiest ways to secure a tandem that can make the team a contender for years. At this point though, there's no way Washington trades Wall. Part of me hoped they might go after him instead of Nash last summer, while he was injured and the recently horribly run Wizards may have been stupid enough to trade him. I'm not comfortable with Lowry from what I've seen this season, and I'd love for the Raps to find a PG that really secures that position going forward next to JV.

Comment

Ross came in and just wow... nothing hes got a lot of work to do. impressive JV stuff though moving on.

Comment

How could you not do Ross/Lowry for Wall? He has such high potential, and he's already shown great signs of improvement this season since coming back from his injury. I think he's definitely under appreciated when it comes to young PGs with a great future - Irving, Lillard, Rubio are always mentioned, but never Wall. And he's still so young (he's 3 months younger than Lillard, hard to believe)

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                  How could you not do Ross/Lowry for Wall? He has such high potential, and he's already shown great signs of improvement this season since coming back from his injury. I think he's definitely under appreciated when it comes to young PGs with a great future - Irving, Lillard, Rubio are always mentioned, but never Wall. And he's still so young (he's 3 months younger than Lillard, hard to believe)
                  I would give Ross + Lowry + Derozan + Gay for Wall at this moment.. At least 1 right piece for 4 wrong ones. Even Casey will be capable of utilizing him efficiently.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

i'm excited about flying V's future. beyond that... nada.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                    X