Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Twin Towers 2.0?

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,022
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Twin Towers 2.0?

    You know like Timmy and the Admiral?

    JV and Brook Lopez?

    Bargnani, Ross, picks, cash, every damn thing we can trade, for Brook Lopez.

    Nets will sign Dwight this summer.

    JV
    Brook
    Rudy
    DeMar
    Lowry

    With Amir as the 3rd post player

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    607
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Don't want any part of Lopez, the guy sucks even worse than Bargs, we need a stretch 4 or a rebounding 4 and have Amir comes off the bench but most likely we will have a Landry/Amir as our future 4 and backups. Personally, I like Carl Landry's game, I think he will be an allstar in this league given the right team and right coach and the Raps is that team to land a stretch 4 in Landry, I think Landry as a poor man Cedric Cebalos with a better jump shot. Next we need a backup PG (either buy a pick or look through FA) and a backup C (look through FA), then we are set for next year. We go with

    Lowry/Backup PG
    DeRozan/Ross/
    Gay/Fields/
    Landry/Amir/Acy
    Val/Backup C

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Don't want any part of Lopez, the guy sucks even worse than Bargs, we need a stretch 4 or a rebounding 4 and have Amir comes off the bench but most likely we will have a Landry/Amir as our future 4 and backups. Personally, I like Carl Landry's game, I think he will be an allstar in this league given the right team and right coach and the Raps is that team to land a stretch 4 in Landry, I think Landry as a poor man Cedric Cebalos with a better jump shot. Next we need a backup PG (either buy a pick or look through FA) and a backup C (look through FA), then we are set for next year. We go with

    Lowry/Backup PG
    DeRozan/Ross/
    Gay/Fields/
    Landry/Amir/Acy
    Val/Backup C
    Your trolling has reached a max now lol. Please take a look at Brook Lopez's stats next time you say something so absurd.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Having 5 scorers in the starting lineup never works. And having the best offensive option off the bench being a second year Ross isn't good either. I don't doubt that a JV/Lopez combo would be effective, but I do doubt that its the best fit with the rest of this roster.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh, sorry, you traded Ross to get Lopez, so nevermind, we have no offense on the bench.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,022
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah because Ross is giving us a whole lot of points!

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not sure either Val or Brooks suited to play the four, they would not fit together.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    You know like Timmy and the Admiral?

    JV and Brook Lopez?

    Bargnani, Ross, picks, cash, every damn thing we can trade, for Brook Lopez.

    Nets will sign Dwight this summer.

    JV
    Brook
    Rudy
    DeMar
    Lowry

    With Amir as the 3rd post player
    Impossible.

    Nets are a tax team and this trade doesn't change that so they can't sign Howard as a free agent nor can they execute a sign and trade.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    JV
    Brook
    Rudy
    DeMar
    Lowry
    I think this unit would have a hard time creating the spacing it needs to be effective.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The thing I don't get about this thread....

    Why would you want to replace a weak-rebounding natural PF (who's a legit 7 feet) with a weak-rebounding natural C who can't slide to PF?


  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I also don't really like Lopez. In a way he does remind me of Bargnani, because he strikes me as one of those "keep him happy" players where you need to get him his touches and make him involved if you want to get good effort from him on both ends (or even just one end for Bargs ). It's not an uncommon problem, but I'd still like to avoid going after such a player, especially at Lopez's cost.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Don't want any part of Lopez, the guy sucks even worse than Bargs, we need a stretch 4 or a rebounding 4 and have Amir comes off the bench but most likely we will have a Landry/Amir as our future 4 and backups. Personally, I like Carl Landry's game, I think he will be an allstar in this league given the right team and right coach and the Raps is that team to land a stretch 4 in Landry, I think Landry as a poor man Cedric Cebalos with a better jump shot. Next we need a backup PG (either buy a pick or look through FA) and a backup C (look through FA), then we are set for next year. We go with

    Lowry/Backup PG
    DeRozan/Ross/
    Gay/Fields/
    Landry/Amir/Acy
    Val/Backup C
    Sometimes I can't tell if you're just trolling or just really stupid. Hopefully just trolling because I would hate to know that you're mentally deficient.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •