Andre Drummond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Drummond

The numbers that this guy is putting up in limited minutes is staggering. 8pts 14rbs in 23 mins tonight against the Bulls. I remember a game earlier this season where he put up 12pts and 12rbs in 14mins. Drummond is a freak of nature.

Back in the draft i wanted the Raps to draft a wing(Rivers or Lamb) didn't want any part of Drummond because we already have JV. But man watching Drummond this year WOW. Do you guys think a 4-5 combo of Drummond and JV could work? i'm asking this because they're both natural centers.
    Mamba Mentality

also didnt want drummond. but man he might even make new orleans sad for not picking him. i think jv and drummond could work. i think drummond has the speed and agility to play the 4. i thought he was going to be a lazy player but it looks like he is going to be the best from the draft. amazing package in a big man. and jv can hit a 10-15 footer. the rebounding and blocking they could do together would be sick.

Comment

I like Drummond, but this is embarassing...
      Last edited by Vykis; Mon Apr 1, 2013, 02:23 AM.

Comment

He looks like a poor mans Dwight to me. But that's actually not bad at all

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post

I like Drummond, but this is embarassing...
          This sums up it all.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            This sums up it all.
            Sums it up? vs stuff like.... I don't know.... this

Comment

He is so good. If he can clean up his FT% to at least 60% I think he'll be an all-star

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                Sums it up? vs stuff like.... I don't know.... this

You guys get too hyped seeing those dunks, because this doesn't really need any skill, jump and dunk? He should thank his mother and father for that. 3 pointer was nice, drive to the basket through 4 players as well, few blocks and his speed, that's pretty much all. Of course he will be dominant in defense someday I believe, but Pistons will need to invest much more time for him to pan out than any other rookie Big in the league atm, imo. Btw, if you haven't noticed video's speed is increased so it creates additional impression.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

You guys get too hyped seeing those dunks, because this doesn't really need any skill, jump and dunk? He should thank his mother and father for that. 3 pointer was nice, drive to the basket through 4 players as well, few blocks and his speed, that's pretty much all. Of course he will be dominant in defense someday I believe, but Pistons will need to invest much more time for him to pan out than any other rookie Big in the league atm, imo. Btw, if you haven't noticed video's speed is increased so it creates additional impression.
                  I'm not sure who the 'you guys' are supposed to be....

but the point wasn't 'ohh ahh owww....jump high... drool'. It was there is alot more a guys game than missing a couple free throws (or being a bad free throw shooter in general). To claim that some how free throws 'sum' him up is overlooking alot to his game. I'd also add Shaq, Ben Wallace, and Dwight Howard have all been key (if not 'the') player on contending/title winning teams despite being attrocious free throw shooting Cs. (thats not touching other 'poor' freethrow shooters such and Chandler, Duncan and Bynum).

This guy has stud written all over him.

Comment

I agree. I think Drummond can be pretty good, but I haven't actually watched him play once where I'm impressed with his basketball ability. Physical abilities are nice, but they are nothing you can rely on too much or for too long. He has A LOT of work to do if he doesn't just want to be a DeAndre Jordan-type.

Comment

but the point wasn't 'ohh ahh owww....jump high... drool'. It was there is alot more a guys game than missing a couple free throws (or being a bad free throw shooter in general). To claim that some how free throws 'sum' him up is overlooking alot to his game. I'd also add Shaq, Ben Wallace, and Dwight Howard have all been key (if not 'the') player on contending/title winning teams despite being attrocious free throw shooting Cs. (thats not touching other 'poor' freethrow shooters such and Chandler, Duncan and Bynum).

I think the guy's point was that Free Throws are related to skill level, especially with Drummond. Of the players you mention, only Shaq was truly a dominant offensive force....I can't even put Dwight there. I mean, what's his go-to move? The dunk off a putback or alley-oop? The best centers in history are not the ones who are the biggest or jump the highest, they are the ones with the most skill. All-star bigs who have won rings since Dwight came in? Duncan, Gasol, Bosh. Bigs who controlled the last 2 decades before that? Jabar, McHale, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan (again)....People tend to incorrectly put Shaq in the physical freak category because of his size, but he was a skilled freak, with a super soft touch and amazing footwork.

With Drummond, it's very obvious if you watch him how poor his skill level is. Did you see how low the release point is on his shots? EVen his hook shots that he almost shotputs up? He can only convert right at the basket, and heavily depends on dunks. It doesn't mean he can't improve, but he has far to go and a poor start-off point.
                      Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Apr 2, 2013, 09:40 AM.

Comment

JV swatted like 3 garbage Drummond moves yesterday..

Drummond has no halfcourt skills, cant post up, cant shoot from anywhere. Still useful, as he is active on the boards, is a physical presence, and will finish hard when he can, but I dont see him as a game changer nor an allstar.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Like white men can't jump and enlightenment said, he is a freak athlete with no skill. The dude does not know what to do in the post, JV was eating him up and smashing his garbage shots all over the place. I can see him being a good defensive presence but he has a very low bball iq and terrible touch around the rim. He has to be right at the rim to make a shot and even that's not a sure thing. You guys are just drooling over his athleticism but if he doesn't put in the work he'll just be deandre Jordan till his knees give out. JV is the true stud here

Comment

Drummond is great and is only 19 years old, the second youngest player in the NBA right now. His game has improved immensely from last year at UConn. I expect all facets of his game will continue to improve baring serious injury. Lawrence Frank is bringing him along slowly, limiting his minutes. It seems to be working just fine.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              I think the guy's point was that Free Throws are related to skill level, especially with Drummond. Of the players you mention, only Shaq was truly a dominant offensive force....I can't even put Dwight there. I mean, what's his go-to move? The dunk off a putback or alley-oop? The best centers in history are not the ones who are the biggest or jump the highest, they are the ones with the most skill. All-star bigs who have won rings since Dwight came in? Duncan, Gasol, Bosh. Bigs who controlled the last 2 decades before that? Jabar, McHale, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan (again)....People tend to incorrectly put Shaq in the physical freak category because of his size, but he was a skilled freak, with a super soft touch and amazing footwork.

With Drummond, it's very obvious if you watch him how poor his skill level is. Did you see how low the release point is on his shots? EVen his hook shots that he almost shotputs up? He can only convert right at the basket, and heavily depends on dunks. It doesn't mean he can't improve, but he has far to go and a poor start-off point.
                              I understand everyone has their own preference in style but I still don't understand the FT argument. Its so out of place.

... Duncan is a career 68% FT shooter... so his skill level is what - below average? Shaq - it doesn't apply to him because when he got older and became experienced he added a post up? (which was basically abusing his size)?

This is a 19 year old rookie. Shaq when he was a rookie didn't have a soft touch - all he had was brute size and athleticism. Dwight only had athleticism. Chandler only had athleticism. Ben Wallace only had athleticism.

These guys all improved as they matured and became game changers.

Dwight > Pau or Bosh by a landslide. He led his team to the finals. His team was a perennial contender between the time he gained experienced and until his injury. The other two were 2nd and 3rd bananas on great teams who won titles thanks to their HoF teammates. Its an apples to oranges comparison.

One can argue the other two are more 'skilled' sure. But Dwight, through pure strength and athleticism dominated. You don't need to be 'skilled' when you can control and change the game with other means. These aren't PGs were are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                              X