• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor-was / tor - hou

In the summer

Toronto send: DeRozan + Ross + Lowry
    Washington send: John Wall + Jason Collins

Toronto send: Andrea Bargnani + Future 1st
    Houston send: Carlos Delfino + Aaron Brooks + Rockets pick (top 10-15)

Raps draft Kelly Olynyk
    Raps acquire Carl Landry, Tony Allen, Cartier Martin in the offseason
    Raps pickup Lucas option
    Raps sign A.Anderson to a 1 year deal

J.Wall/Aaron Brooks/Lucas
    T.Allen/Delfino/A.Anderson/
    Gay/Fields/C.Martin
    Landry/Amir/Acy
    Val/Olynyk/J.Collins

Given up DeRozan and a budding Ross and Lowry to give us Wall is worth it given the fact Wall has lost his face as the franchise of the Wizards, I don't think Wall would like to play for the team. Wall is an extremely talented player and given the right team, he could be a better PG in this league and that team is the Raptors. Wall is a big PG who can play the 2 spot as well, I would love to see the Wall/Gay tandem than a DeRozan/Gay tandem. We acquire a slasher, defensive minded SG in T.Allen since he will be a FA this summer beside he's buddy to Gay when they played for the Grizzlies. We flip Bargs + future 1st to the Rockets to acquire Delfino (who once played for the Raps) as our backup SG and Aaron Brooks (a decent backup PG) (Possibly a sign and trade for both team). Bargs would do wonder for the Rockets and will compete with T-Rob for starting PF next year or comes off the bench for the team as a 6th man. We draft K.Olynyk to be our backup C, who could potentially be our future PF in 3-5 years. We are targeting Landry in the summer to be our starting PF for next year and we will get him. Sign Lucas and A.Anderson for a one year deal and we are set. Let's make to the playoff.

The way Wall has elevated the Wizards lately I doubt he is going anywhere, and as good as he is, DD, TR and KL is a lot to give up. I do like the idea of acquiring Tony Allen though. If we move DeMar, I say go get him.

Comment

I can see why the Wizards would entertain the first trade, even if ultimately, I don't think they'd accept it. I have no idea why the Rockets would ever do the second trade though. They add salary, add years of salary and get a worse pick for a player with no trade value whatever (especially for a stat geek like Morey).

Comment

Wall has become virtually untouchable with his play last two months. No way Wash considers this.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
          Toronto send: DeRozan + Ross + Lowry
          Washington send: John Wall + Jason Collins
          If I am Washington, I don't like this trade at all.

Not only is John Wall the most talented player (by far) in this trade, Washington has a shooting guard named Bradley Beal who I believe will be better than DeMar DeRozan.

Comment

Working...
          X