Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cuban says he would draft Brittney Griner. Would you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Glad you wrote something meaningful (Heinzful). Was starting to lose hope, but hopefully you corrected yourself in the end.
    i have been known to make posts once in a while of a more serious tone. i'm not all tits and cooters.

but then i look out the window, see the sun, or clouds, or whatever... and realize how awesome the world is, and it's spoiled by taking things too seriously.

boobies.

Comment

A couple of things:

First, there are too many physical freaks in the NBA and if a woman were to succeed in the NBA the best bet would be as a shooter (if Steve Novak can be in the NBA, who cannot do very much well aside from shoot, than a woman surely can), so it is just unbelievably unrealistic to say Griner has a shot. She does not. And that is not a bad thing.

What would this do to the WNBA? What if the best female players in the world did not play in the WNBA? It would kill it.

Battier said that "in our lifetime there will be a female NBA player" (I'm paraphrasing) and that is something slightly more realistic, but it will not be Griner, nor should it be, for the sake of the WNBA.

Comment

It's good publicity in the tradition of Bill Veeck, the baseball owner that signed a midget bearing the uniform number "⅛" to pinch hit for the St. Louis Browns.

Comment

She is 6'8 weighs 208 pounds is far too slow to play SF far too weak to defend PFs, has no above average NBA skill, she would get killed be a huge liability and players would go at her to abuse the mismatch

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
            She is 6'8 weighs 208 pounds is far too slow to play SF far too weak to defend PFs, has no above average NBA skill, she would get killed be a huge liability and players would go at her to abuse the mismatch
            I'll repeat myself...this has nothing to do with how skilled she is or what she can bring to the team. Think about how many more people would go to Mavs games if she was on the team!
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
              I'll repeat myself...this has nothing to do with how skilled she is or what she can bring to the team. Think about how many more people would go to Mavs games if she was on the team!
              They would have more people in the croud for one game, before realizing she doesn't belong in the NBA

Comment

I don't think it's likely that she has the skills/athleticism to play in the NBA, but I don't see the harm in having her try out or play summer league. How knows, maybe she'll surprise us all and be a serviceable role player.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                  They would have more people in the croud for one game, before realizing she doesn't belong in the NBA
                  More money is still more money.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I am so happy and would like to share that how Brittney Griner stood no 1 in WNBA Draft 2013. I am so impressed by reading the exact thinking.
                    Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 22, 2013, 09:56 AM.

Comment

The number 8 pick overall in the recent WNBA draft, Kayla Alexander of Syracuse is from Milton, Ontario. She set all kinds of rebounding and scoring records for the Orange.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Totally agree, but I'm solely speaking of being able to compete in Summer League. Haha
                        I don't think she'd get embarrassed in Summer League.

But in terms of where/if she'd fit in an actual NBA game, it's tough to say. But if any female player could do it, it'd be her.
                        If any female player could ever succeed in the NBA, it'll never be a center or PF. It'll most likely be a guard since good 3-point shooters are always gonna have a career in the NBA.

Comment

From a business prospective, she's an absolute must have! From a winning prospective, she'll be next to useless. She'll make Luke Walton look like Kobe playing 48 mins per game.

Comment

More money is still more money.
                            Technically, she could just do it for the money. A second round pick can still make around $600,000 which is already more that what she'll get in 10 years in the WNBA!

Comment

I'd actually be somewhat scared to go up against her. Imagine how much you would get mocked if she scored on you.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                              X