Casey: JV would be coming out of games if Raps were in Playoff Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    It could have been in the Raps' control, if not for all those late season character building wins, which instilled such a winning culture in the Raptors organization! Nothing like team character building wins when your future franchise-cornerstone C is playing in Europe...
    Why lose just a few games then? They could've lost all 82 of them on purpose. Not that this organization has any respect left to lose anyway. Then Raps would've really had a top pick.

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
      Why lose just a few games then? They could've lost all 82 of them on purpose. Not that this organization has any respect left to lose anyway. Then Raps would've really had a top pick.
      There are other ways. Playing Anderson, James Johnson (who you subsequently trade), Ben Uzoh, Gary Forbes (and Kleiza) lots of minutes doesn't do much towards the future. There are other, younger, players to bring in and give a look to see if they can be part of the organization going forward. A good example is Patrick Beverley in Houston. Ben Uzoh is possibly the only one that somewhat qualifies for this. All the others are devoid of upside.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        It just really sucks because Ross is a really good shooter, but man he is shaky when out on the court Barnes just looks at home even when he plays awful... Ross has A LOT of talent it isnt just embellishing him either Ross is quite the specimen. Barnes has the mindset of an NBA player, Ross right now doesn't.
        Barnes has been given every opportunity to grow and develop. When he struggled he was not shown the bench unlike Ross.

**The only exception I can give to Casey in this case is if Ross was/is a total douche with a poor work ethic and attitude... but I have not heard a single rumble to validate this and therefore think Casey f'ed up with Ross this season. I don't think anyone can say the kid didn't show promise when given consistent minutes.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          to be fair about the Barnes situation.

Harrison Barnes has rose to the occasion no doubt, but Warriors lost Lee and he is filling his minutes Barnes averaged 25 minutes this season, around the same as Ross 18 mpg. I wonder what could of happened if Raps drafted Barnes? I like Ross and all but cant help but feel Barnes was supposed to be a Rap...
          This right here. The situations aren't that comparable. They are playing Barnes heavy minutes out of necessity, not for development purposes. Thankfully for them, Barnes is rising to the occassion, I just don't think Barnes minutes is indicative of a different coaching style than Casey's, but indicative of the team needs due to injuries.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Barnes has been given every opportunity to grow and develop. When he struggled he was not shown the bench unlike Ross.

**The only exception I can give to Casey in this case is if Ross was/is a total douche with a poor work ethic and attitude... but I have not heard a single rumble to validate this and therefore think Casey f'ed up with Ross this season. I don't think anyone can say the kid didn't show promise when given consistent minutes.
            Ross plays behind DD and Gay, arguably our best 2 players. He was brought in for bench depth with an eye to being a future starter. That's why his situation is so different. Barnes was brought in to start right away for that GS squad, and he started 81 games. He didn't have talent like DD and Gay to play behind. If Ross was bigger and could consistently man the SF position, I think he would have gotten a lot more minutes earlier in the season before the Gay trade.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
              Ross plays behind DD and Gay, arguably our best 2 players. He was brought in for bench depth with an eye to being a future starter. That's why his situation is so different. Barnes was brought in to start right away for that GS squad, and he started 81 games. He didn't have talent like DD and Gay to play behind. If Ross was bigger and could consistently man the SF position, I think he would have gotten a lot more minutes earlier in the season before the Gay trade.
              I have no issue with him behind dd or gay.

It is the 23 mins and behind AA in peckng order I have an issue with.i

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                You're right in the sense that Barnes has no one else to compete with. Heck, the only other SF's on that Warriors roster is another rookie in Draymond Green, and a washed up veteran in Richard Jefferson.

I do, however, believe that Barnes is still a much better player than Ross is. He's really come on for them so far in the playoffs (the biggest stage in the NBA), despite being a rookie. Not to mention he is a better dunker, which was one of the only positive things to come out of Terrence's season.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                  You're right in the sense that Barnes has no one else to compete with. Heck, the only other SF's on that Warriors roster is another rookie in Draymond Green, and a washed up veteran in Richard Jefferson.

I do, however, believe that Barnes is still a much better player than Ross is. He's really come on for them so far in the playoffs (the biggest stage in the NBA), despite being a rookie. Not to mention he is a better dunker, which was one of the only positive things to come out of Terrence's season.
                  Full agreement that Barnes is better than Ross. Of course we all knew that going into the draft, hence why it was such a heart breaker when Barnes slipped and we still missed him by one pick. If we had gotten Barnes, I think he would have started from day 1 in Toronto just like in GS, and we wouldn't be talking about Casey not playing the rookies enough. Barnes is a different level of talent than Ross, and it might be some peoples homerism that makes them think Ross should be playing as much as Barnes did.

Comment

If we got Barnes I hope people would have been ready for a lot of blown games, 2 rookies up front with pylon Barnani omg would have been a defensive nightmare! Yes Barnes is given the starting spot nobody is there to compete with him, when compared though.

Barnes MPG 25.4 FG% 0.439 3P% 0.359 FT% 0.758 RPG 4.1 APG 1.2 TOs 2.2 PPG 9.2

Ross: MPG 17.0 FG% 0.407 3P% 0.332 FT% 0.714 RPG 2.0 APG 0.7 TOs 0.7 PPG 6.4

Pretty similar in 8 less minutes of action, Need I bring up Ross is playing with an inferior PG in Lucas and black hole which is Anderson?

Comment

Working...
                    X