Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Something to consider.

When you point the finger at someone else, three point back at you.
    This is actually pretty indicative of the Houston Rockets. Daryl Morey is pointing a finger at McHale but he's really pointing 3 fingers back at himself. While you're there, pat yourself on the back my friend. Morey has done an incredible job with this team.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
      This is actually pretty indicative of the Houston Rockets. Daryl Morey is pointing a finger at McHale but he's really pointing 3 fingers back at himself. While you're there, pat yourself on the back my friend. Morey has done an incredible job with this team.
      That is the difference between Morey and a guy like BC.

Morey pats others on the back while BC pats himself on the back ("Everyone is calling me telling me how great of a pick I made.").

Comment

That is the difference between Morey and a guy like BC.

Morey pats others on the back while BC pats himself on the back ("Everyone is calling me telling me how great of a pick I made.").
        It's funny because during the offseason I thought Morey had lost his mind. He had cleared the way for Dwight Howard and whiffed. He amnestied Luis Scola. He traded for a bunch of draft picks, and then Howard went to LA. The Omer Asik contract looked horrible. The Jeremy Lin contract stank of desperation. But he's proved me wrong in a manner of 3-4 months' time.

For the past 5 years I've been waiting for Colangelo to prove me wrong.

I'm still waiting.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
          It's funny because during the offseason I thought Morey had lost his mind. He had cleared the way for Dwight Howard and whiffed. He amnestied Luis Scola. He traded for a bunch of draft picks, and then Howard went to LA. The Omer Asik contract looked horrible. The Jeremy Lin contract stank of desperation. But he's proved me wrong in a manner of 3-4 months' time.

For the past 5 years I've been waiting for Colangelo to prove me wrong.

I'm still waiting.
          Morey has pissed off agents in the past - or so the rumours have gone - hence little big name free agent success. But he is a very good GM on other fronts.

I'd like to see new blood running Toronto without outside the box ideas and thinking for a franchise that due to geography and other reasons is unlike any other team in the NBA.

When it comes to a GM with the new CBA and changing environment, past experience or success is not a prerequisite for me like I would prefer for a new head coach.

I defended Colangelo for a long time but he has had 7 years and it is evident now it is best for everyone if ways are parted. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Next year for BC and DC its playoffs or bust. He raises some good points in this video. Unfair to fire Casey now, he deserves this 3rd year.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post

Next year for BC and DC its playoffs or bust. He raises some good points in this video. Unfair to fire Casey now, he deserves this 3rd year.
              I think BC should be fired, but DC not. He had some (3) rookies this season, trades , bad starts, injuries and its too much to handle, its just messed up whole season. Next season if he can't make an improvement ( playoffs ) he should be fired too. What about BC... He already had a chance. Rudy Gay trade doesn't save his job at all.

EDIT: One more thing. We've been unlucky this season, we all remember season start, close games and missed foul calls.

Comment

ITs really been a weird season. Above all its on BC to move Bargnani because the plan A of building around him crashed and burned. He has to listen to what his coach said last season I need grinders BC gets him Dom McGuire.....Rudy Gay signing generated exciement and a positive outlook so BC is probably safe till next summer.

Comment

Just checking game logs from playoffs and I noticed Harrison Barnes.

Guy is 20 years old and averaging 35 minutes per game in the first round of the playoffs.

Then I think about Casey and this thread.

Even if the Raptors were competing for the playoffs, not playing your most talented and promising players because they are young and trying to win is beyond stupid.

I don't think there is any debate with JV.

Make the argument against TR in favour of AA all you want but their statistics are similar and AA is 9 years older.

Casey needs to go with BryCo. Not because he is a bad guy but because this team is still not ready to compete for anything more than .500 and for all the talk about internal/organic growth, Casey is not the guy to lead that MO because he thinks you need vets to win...... this as GSW have 4 guys (3 rooks, 1 2nd year) leading a playoff charge.

Good grief.

Comment

Let's hope whoever the new GM is really emphasizes that this team will only go as far as Jonas takes them.

Comment

Guy is 20 years old and averaging 35 minutes per game in the first round of the playoffs.

Even if the Raptors were competing for the playoffs, not playing your most talented and promising players because they are young and trying to win is beyond stupid.

Make the argument against TR in favour of AA all you want but their statistics are similar and AA is 9 years older.

Casey needs to go with BryCo. Not because he is a bad guy but because this team is still not ready to compete for anything more than .500 and for all the talk about internal/organic growth, Casey is not the guy to lead that MO because he thinks you need vets to win...... this as GSW have 4 guys (3 rooks, 1 2nd year) leading a playoff charge.

Good grief.
                      Casey really frustrates me too, but the reality is that playing a rookie C is much more influential on the team D than a rookie wing. Barnes fits with the Warriors basic gestalt of scoring wing players, and not that much emphasis on D. They have allowed 101, 108 and 117 points in their three playoff wins. When they win they just out-score teams (mostly from the perimeter), and much of that is because Steph Curry takes so much attention from the other team that other wing players get good looks. Having said that, I would love to have Barnes on the Raptors. He is exactly what they need, and probably would have prevented them from feeling the need to trade for Gay.

I think JV is fantastic, but it's hard to play winning D in the NBA with a rookie C starting and playing a lot of minutes.
                      Last edited by Bouncepass; Wed May 1, 2013, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Good grief.
                        to be fair about the Barnes situation.

Harrison Barnes has rose to the occasion no doubt, but Warriors lost Lee and he is filling his minutes Barnes averaged 25 minutes this season, around the same as Ross 18 mpg. I wonder what could of happened if Raps drafted Barnes? I like Ross and all but cant help but feel Barnes was supposed to be a Rap...

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                          to be fair about the Barnes situation.

Harrison Barnes has rose to the occasion no doubt, but Warriors lost Lee and he is filling his minutes Barnes averaged 25 minutes this season, around the same as Ross 18 mpg. I wonder what could of happened if Raps drafted Barnes? I like Ross and all but cant help but feel Barnes was supposed to be a Rap...
                          This is the same as to think what would've been if Raps drafted Davis, Beal or Lillard. It was out of Raps control. You shouldn't worry about something you couldn't have done anything about.

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                            This is the same as to think what would've been if Raps drafted Davis, Beal or Lillard. It was out of Raps control. You shouldn't worry about something you couldn't have done anything about.
                            It could have been in the Raps' control, if not for all those late season character building wins, which instilled such a winning culture in the Raptors organization! Nothing like team character building wins when your future franchise-cornerstone C is playing in Europe...

Comment

It just really sucks because Ross is a really good shooter, but man he is shaky when out on the court Barnes just looks at home even when he plays awful... Ross has A LOT of talent it isnt just embellishing him either Ross is quite the specimen. Barnes has the mindset of an NBA player, Ross right now doesn't.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                It could have been in the Raps' control, if not for all those late season character building wins, which instilled such a winning culture in the Raptors organization! Nothing like team character building wins when your future franchise-cornerstone C is playing in Europe...
                                And when a little more than a year later there are only about two players left who can reminisce about those great days.

Comment

Working...
                                X