GT: Wizards @ Raptors....No one cares anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Also loved the back to back perimeter shots from Amir!
    Amir stepped up his game in the 2nd half.

Comment

JV was the best big on the floor tonight for both teams. He outplayed a young frontcourt from the Pistons, and a veteran frontcourt tonight. He was being pushed hard by Nene, and he pushed back, and Nene lost the battle.

Comment

It was also finally nice to see Trevor Booker put in his goddamn place. This guy has always killed us. I could never stand it.

Comment

I like what Lowry said at the end of the game. " This is our core. We're going to be back next. We need these games to get better."
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            JV is drawing fouls like mad in this game. Is this a sign of respect that will come his way? Or how frustrating he'll be for defenders? Or how piss poor the officiating is in the NBA?
            I think us Raptors fans are just not used to watching an aggressive big consistently attack the basket. This kid is going to be a beast at both ends of the court! It's hard to believe he's only a 20 year old rookie who missed nearly a quarter of the season and barely played the first half of the season!
            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Apr 4, 2013, 12:41 AM.

Comment

- Valanciunas, what to say? he's unbelievable. Will be a 20/10 guy in a couple of years no doubt.
              - Lowry played one of his best game as a Rap.
              - DeRozan was terrific offensively because his jump shot was falling in. BUT 1rb and 1ast in 37mins is NOT acceptable.
              - Gay took a lot of bad shots tonight and turned the ball over 4 times. Not his best game.
              - More Landry Fields please.
              - Acy, as i've been saying for a long time in this forum is an NBA rotational player. He can play.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

gotta agree with the JV praise... finally decided to reclaim my seats from whichever douche bag moves into them when they realize they're empty at half time... and couldn't help but notice how consistently "ON" he was

i think i've gotten used to raptors players always being lackadaisical... playing well in spurts... getting into lazy ruts..

seeing a player hustle every second he was on the floor was a joy

im not sure what his stat line was... haven't checked, and too lazy to scroll up to see if anybody posted it.... but dude was everywhere he was supposed to be all night

he's going to be something special

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  - Valanciunas, what to say? he's unbelievable. Will be a 20/10 guy in a couple of years no doubt.
                  - Lowry played one of his best game as a Rap.
                  - DeRozan was terrific offensively because his jump shot was falling in. BUT 1rb and 1ast in 37mins is NOT acceptable.
                  - Gay took a lot of bad shots tonight and turned the ball over 4 times. Not his best game.
                  - More Landry Fields please.
                  - Acy, as i've been saying for a long time in this forum is an NBA rotational player. He can play.
                  Acy brings hustle, and we're always in need of that. A poor man's Amir.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    I think us Raptors fans are just not used to watching an aggressive big consistently attack the basket. This kid is going to be a beast at both ends of the court! It's hard to believe he's only a 20 year old rookie who missed nearly a quarter of the season and barely played the first half of the season!
                    I think we're just not used to watching good players. The last one we had left 3 years ago. People got so used to trying to talk themselves into guys like Bargnani and Derozan they forgot what a truly elite talent looks like.

It's the difference I've been trying to articulate (unsuccessfully) between a guy like Derozan and Val. Val already has pretty much everything he needs. He just needs to improve. A guy like Derozan is missing a bunch of skills he needs. You can't improve on skills you don't have.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                      I think we're just not used to watching good players. The last one we had left 3 years ago. People got so used to trying to talk themselves into guys like Bargnani and Derozan they forgot what a truly elite talent looks like.

It's the difference I've been trying to articulate (unsuccessfully) between a guy like Derozan and Val. Val already has pretty much everything he needs. He just needs to improve. A guy like Derozan is missing a bunch of skills he needs. You can't improve on skills you don't have.
                      Very well put. I've definitely been guilty of what you speak of in the 1st paragraph.

As for the second, I've also been trying to find ways to say that kind of thing. JV has shown everything you could possibly want from a C. There is no part of his game where you can say he doesn't have a good base of skill/instincts. He also has all the intangibles you want in a player, including the making of what looks to be a very positive leader. He is the complete package, and at the hardest position to fill.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        This part really blows my mind every time I remember it

Comment

I think the important this is that everyone can learn including Casey nobody is perfect. Its a shame about Ross right now though maybe he should of went to the D-League for a little bit, I mean Acy looks more comfortable than Ross but thats just his nature I guess.

Scary thing is JV is playing like a #1 overall which is a toss up between he and Kyrie he would ave been without the buyout. You cant teach that motor he has.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                            I think the important this is that everyone can learn including Casey nobody is perfect. Its a shame about Ross right now though maybe he should of went to the D-League for a little bit, I mean Acy looks more comfortable than Ross but thats just his nature I guess.
                            It's hard to figure Ross right now. You can't get into a guy's head but he looks, I don't know, lost and very unsure of himself. When he has a "forced" play (wide open shot, running the lane on the break, open man to pass to) he looks okay. But when he needs to make decisions (offense or defense) he can't choose the right option quick enough.

He's also probably looking at Val and putting more pressure on himself. He also has to contend with Gay, Derozan, Fields and Anderson for minutes. It's a tough situation for him. He needs to make a big jump in year 2. We'll see.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                              It's hard to figure Ross right now. You can't get into a guy's head but he looks, I don't know, lost and very unsure of himself. When he has a "forced" play (wide open shot, running the lane on the break, open man to pass to) he looks okay. But when he needs to make decisions (offense or defense) he can't choose the right option quick enough.

He's also probably looking at Val and putting more pressure on himself. He also has to contend with Gay, Derozan, Fields and Anderson for minutes. It's a tough situation for him. He needs to make a big jump in year 2. We'll see.
                              I wonder if he's playing too tight, afraid of making the wrong decision and making a mistake, for fear of getting the hook and being benched by DC.

Comment

He didnt hit the rookie wall he slammed into it. Poor kid. When his shot isnt falling he has to slash or do that pretty one dribble pull up he has, hes been playing so clumsy since the dunk competition. Does anyone think Raps should have sent him the the D-League beside Acy after the dunk contest?

Comment

Working...
                                X