Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lowry, is really bad

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When Lowry was first traded for I thought the exuberance towards him was over the top. Now that he has been here for a while, and battled Jose like all PGs in a Raps uniform seem to, I think the distaste for him is too much aswell.

The discussion surrounding him reminds me alot of TJ Ford. They both have played very well while in a Raps uniform but some still seem to think they are 'bad' despite putting up good numbers.

Player: Lowry (12/13) - Ford (07/08)

WS/48 .132 - .130
    PER ----17.5 - 20.3
    WP/48 .192 -.112
    Ast% --33.7 - 44.4 (Jose has never even had an assist% this high in any season!)

These guys aren't bad, and they aren't 'back up' calibre players. They just aren't the 'top 5x PG' (or insert qualifier here) people believed they would or should be, and they never were any better than the PG this team always had over the years.

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry seems as if he is not sure what he should be doing on the floor, although most of the guys look that way. But if your PG is disenfranchised (not sure if thats the right word), it trickles over to the rest of the team. He doesn't seem comfortable with his role (whatever that is) and it really has a negative affect on the team overall. And the unclear offensive role has no doubt affected his defense, and we need his defense. Gay and DeRozan should be getting more kick outs from Lowry penetrations, but we depend too much on the ISO play with our wings. Amir could get some easy baskets if they'd run the pick and roll more often, and why not run a pick and roll or screen with Gay? Dude needs to be involved more in creating the offense.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We could have had a better PG In Dragic without giving up a first round pick. It still pisses me off to this day.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    We could have had a better PG In Dragic without giving up a first round pick. It still pisses me off to this day.
    That assumes he'd sign here over Phoenix.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Rudy yes, DeMar can't. DeMar is at his best on the move coming off screens, catch and shoot. Post up. 1 on 1 is not his game.
    This is true, unless Demar can develop his ball-handling further, which I doubt he won't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Like Matt52 stated, that's only assuming he signs here, but yes, I would have rather taken a run at Dragic over BOTH Lowry/Nash FIRST.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information