ESPN: Early Ride on the Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Wow. The poll's gone the other way now...what the hell happened?
    They won 2 games.

Comment

Consider the source but here is HoopsWorld.com Eastern Conference coaching grades. Coming in last in the east:

Team: Toronto Raptors

Coach: Dwane Casey

Record: 31-48

Grade: D

Summary: Forgiving the roster upheaval, injuries to Andrea Bargnani and the youth of center Jonas Valanciunas, Casey still had a bad season.

The team had a chance to compete for the final spot in the East when they acquired Rudy Gay, but they only seemed to get worse following the deadline, after which they scored only 100.2 points per 100 possessions.

There is still talent on the team, and they could be significantly better next season, but Casey might not be around to see the finished product. The Raptors finished the season among the bottom 10 teams in defensive efficiency and rebounding rate.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/grading-the-coaches-the-east

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        They won 2 games.
        Wow, I'm surprised just two games changed everyone's mind!

Wait..... no I'm not.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I like how Casey moved away from the small ball option in favor of the more traditional 2 big men line-ups which has resulted in better defense & better balance offensively as well. Kyle Lowry also seems like he's been given more say in the offense & he has responded well. We are playing with better flow & we change ends (defense to offense) better compared to the past month.

.... But it's like a month too late
          Last edited by torch19; Mon Apr 15, 2013, 04:48 AM.
          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            Wow. The poll's gone the other way now...what the hell happened?
            People realizing the team just not very good to begin with. Can't exactly fault a coach for a bad roster.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

Wheels are starting to come off.

Collins no longer head coach in PHI but having a Triano year.

Scott fired in Cleveland.

I have no interest in Collins but Scott is a good coach who was hired right before a certain ESPN special in July 2010.

Comment

Wheels are starting to come off.

Collins no longer head coach in PHI but having a Triano year.

Scott fired in Cleveland.

I have no interest in Collins but Scott is a good coach who was hired right before a certain ESPN special in July 2010.
                Add Lawrence Frank to the list of retreads.

Comment

Add Lawrence Frank to the list of retreads.
                  Apparently, Lindsey Hunter is also in trouble in PHX. The players want him gone and the team was even worse after he took over.

Comment

Lawrence Frank

Couple of coaches fired today, Byron Scott, Lawrence Frank, and Doug Collins (although he doesn't sound like he's available.

I'm not sold on Casey. Lawrence Frank is a good coach.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/91...etroit-pistons

Comment

• I heard he was interested in the Rutgers position..
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• I don't like Lawrence Frank. He's a little weasel. He lucked into a good job in NJ and hasn't really distinguished himself since.

OUt of those three, he'd be my last choice. Byron Scott would be my first choice.

Comment

• Ugh. I knew these threads would pop up... the only one I'd be interested in is Byron Scott.
                          But not over Casey. Wouldn't change anything.

Lawrence Frank was only good because he had a great team.

Doug Collins is only good for 2 seasons .. he's notorious for turning a team around quickly - and then losing his players.

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                            I heard he was interested in the Rutgers position..
                            It's been taken by someone else already

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              Ugh. I knew these threads would pop up... the only one I'd be interested in is Byron Scott.
                              But not over Casey. Wouldn't change anything.

Lawrence Frank was only good because he had a great team.

Doug Collins is only good for 2 seasons .. he's notorious for turning a team around quickly - and then losing his players.
                              Suggestion: Merge it with the ESPN coaching carousel one.

Comment

• Eddie Jordan got the Rutgers job already.

Comment

Working...
                                X