No announcement yet.

ESPN: Early Ride on the Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it wrong to want a Van Gundy for no other reason than amazing postgame interviews?

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangle_offense

Comment

You all realize Casey has been here only a season and a half right? honestly get it together Rap fans Casey should be fired until he has a team without Bargnani give him next season to lead them if its the same result (meaning no playoffs yet again) then there is nothing left but to fire him.

Relax people he brought here to do something with Bargnani that plane crashed and he hasnt been able to have a proper team since. As for SVG? hell no guy that bashes his own players and organization? ya thats a great person to have leading the raps... Maybe Byronn Scott if they foolishly fire Casey Raps never get anything going because there is never any continuity.

Comment

Balls of Steel that is the most amazing avatar pic I've ever seen on here.
          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

I think any Van Gundy would do wonders for this team, or any team. But we all know it won't happen.

I'm not entirely familiar with all the coaches on that list but I would like to have an experienced coach instead having another assistant coach who's been given his first starting gig here.

I would also like to see our GM be replaced first so that any new coach will more reign over this team.
            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Please remove Sam mitchell from that list, i'm still a fan of his as an analyst but when i first saw this video i understood why he hasnt coached since he got fired from here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7VlyeWgL8E

Comment

1. Nate McMillan
                2. Larry Drew
                3. Scott Skiles

3 guys known for defense, can actually coach an offense (not sure about Skiles, more so freedom than anything), and aren't guys who hide behind their words.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                  Please remove Sam mitchell from that list, i'm still a fan of his as an analyst but when i first saw this video i understood why he hasnt coached since he got fired from here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7VlyeWgL8E
                  All the former Raptor coaches were tongue in cheek put on the list.

Comment

I voted no. Casey has been learning his job. Last year, for whatever reason, the players seemed to buy into what he wanted and defensive intensity picked up. This year he started with bad bargs, and bad offensive schemes. It was like he worked all summer with his assistants to find an offensive plan that could use his players, and it all went off the rails. Lowry didn't fit, Bargs went down, the offense didn't work like they planned it, or the players couldn't follow instructions. Then the Gay and Calderon trade. Then Ross didn't turn out to be the three point shooting help they hoped for.

Casey seems to be making better use of his players, his rotations seem better, and he seems to be coaching better. But the big thing for me is that it looks like the players still have his back. The mood on the bench is good. The guys sitting cheer on and celebrate good plays by the guys who are on the floor.

If Casey has the summer to work with this team (minus Bargs with something coming back maybe) watch the tape, listen to the analytics guys, get back a fields who is more of what they thought, and a stronger JV (who he will have confidence in) he will be a much improved coach.

Maybe I'm just a stupid optimist, but I say he should get that second year.

Comment

Yeah it's not time to throw Casey under the bus. I could go either way on Coangelo (who probably should be gone, but probably won't be gone). The only way you fire Casey is if you've already got a handshake agreement with Sloan; otherwise you're just spinning your wheels.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I still don't think Casey deserves to be fired, but I want Colangelo fired and if that means a changing of the guard then Casey will have to go too.

Here's what I think will happen -- Colangelo will get extended, Casey will be fired.

As to who will replace him, I predict Colangelo will go after yet another inexperienced coach. I'm guessing since the last two didn't work out he'll probably go with someone with a bigger name but no experience. Like a Patrick Ewing type of guy.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

I voted not to fire Casey. I still think he is a good coach to ingrain sound, fundamental defensive principles into our young/veteran players. He is a building block that will get the team ready for the next stage which will be to compete for more than the 8th seed, at which time I would love for them to get SVG. I actually think SVG would coach us because Stern is probably putting a lot of pressure on other teams to not bring him back into the NBA. The Rapors should take the chance. If not SVG then I'd like to see Nate MacMillan as the Raptors head coach.

Comment

Avery or Nate Mcmillan. I dont think Casey should be fired for only one reason is that he still has the respect of the team (it seems.) When i see that start to fade or the work ethic fade then its time for a change. If we were able to get avery johnson or Mcmillian i wouldnt care how good hes doing those guys are great coaches.

Comment

I've said it on here several times before. Look at. The roster look at the coaches strengths and ask yourself what kind if team do you want out there. Mike brown. He is the best choice for our roster. So barring any major roster moves he is the best choice because :

Defence first

Creative offensively and can showcase our players strengths

Player type of coach who can motivate stars and develop younger players

Winning perigee

Think about is folks.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                                Casey and Colangelo should be fired.

I'm under the assumption (myself only) that DeRozan will be traded in the offseason along with Bargs with a starting line-up of:

Lowry
                                Fields
                                Gay
                                Johnson
                                Valanciunas

My coaching choice: SVG (don't know why he would take the gig - would sure know how to feature a big man on offence), Shaw (only because I don't think Lowry is a traditional PG and may be a good triangle candidate with Gay and Valanciunas / Johnson), McMillan.
                                Yikes, we're trading Demar and Bargnani - and not getting back a piece for the starting 5? That would hurt.
                                I'm with you on SVG and McMillan though ... Shaw would be another first-timer in Toronto, which doesn't excite me.
                                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Working...
                                X