Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Eric Gordon?

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I agree with what your saying but Gordon's 3 point shooting has decline every year( .389, .371, .364, .250, .325).
    I think you have to take into context his injuries as well as his motivation. Personally I think he needs a fresh start and you'll see those numbers come up again

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't see it happening. It's not a position of need. It's not that much of an upgrade either. We probably have the most durable wing combo in the league as is.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see it happening either but that's not to say maybe it shouldn't. All I can say for sure is that rolling out the same team next year will likely result in the number of wins. Internal growth can only account for so much right?

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In regards to the 3 point shooting. I can easily see Rudy go back to his .355 career average or even better next year. Kyle Lowry will be in his contract year so he'll stick to his .400 clip.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember him staying healthy for a full season, so I'll pass. But a healthy Eric Gordon ... he's pretty good. Unfortunately, he has glass ankles and knees. I compared him to Steph Curry last season; very talented WHEN healthy. Curry managed to get past his series of injuries but Gordon could not.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    It's sick in terms of the talent on the floor but that's still 3 guys who need the ball in their hands to be effective. I would not mind at all if we "dumbed down" the SG position by trading DeRozan for a legit starting PF and letting Ross/Landry sort things out. There's just too many ball dominant guys for us to operate as a functional unit.
    I agree, however, I'm not sure that trading Derozan for a "legit" starting PF will solve any issues. The names out there include Pau, Boozer, and Millsap, each of who are good offensive players that may require the ball as much as Derozan. We replace one ball dominant guy with another. I can see the benefits of having a great low post player however, and envision JV will be that force. I am also patient in this regard. Nonetheless, I'm for "dumbing down" the SG position as well, but would rather see some quality bench players added instead. Personally, I hate the idea of moving Derozan, but he is our best trade chip. I'd rather see him stay and come off the bench rather than be traded, but it's unlikely this will happen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information