Eric Gordon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Gordon?

Before I start I want to make it clear that I am one of DD biggest surporters. I usually wouldn't even think about trading DD but, the losing and lack of playoffs over the past 5 years is getting to me. I do believe that DD and Rudy can play with eachother. Give them training camp and they could make it work. I think I can't ignore is that how much of a good fit EG would be next to RG. If you haven't heard EG has been pretty much trying to get himself out of New Orleans.

Gordon sat at the end of the bench, but appeared engaged during timeouts. But after the game, Gordon appeared to be puzzled about getting benched. He also made no mention of the shouting match. He finished with seven points on two-of-three shooting, playing just more than 17 minutes. It was the Hornets’ eighth consecutive loss on the road. New Orleans Times-Picayune
    Gordon sat at the end of the bench, but appeared engaged during timeouts. But after the game, Gordon appeared to be puzzled about getting benched. He also made no mention of the shouting match. He finished with seven points on two-of-three shooting, playing just more than 17 minutes. It was the Hornets’ eighth consecutive loss on the road. New Orleans Times-Picayune
    Hornets coach Monty Williams and point guard Eric Gordon got into a screaming match during a timeout with 8:37 left in the third quarter. Millsap had just scored on a putback to put Utah ahead 55-47 and New Orleans called a timeout. Williams was visibly agitated, yelling in Gordon's direction. He had to be held back by assistant coach Randy Ayers after Gordon hollered back at him, and when the team went to the sidelines, Williams continued screaming at Gordon. NBA.com
    A majority of fans in New Orleans have not forgotten the comments Gordon made last summer after he became a restricted free agent and agreed to a four-year, $58 million offer sheet with the Suns, which the Hornets matched even though Gordon said his "heart was in Phoenix." The Hornets were unable to pull off a trade involving Gordon before the February trade deadline, but the franchise is still likely to remain open to trading him after this season ends, according to sources Saturday. New Orleans Times-Picayune
    Gordon’s situation is a little different – he is not happy in New Orleans and hasn’t kept that a big secret. The franchise matched his contract for two reasons – primarily, you don’t get ahead in the NBA letting star level players walk without compensation and secondarily there was a hope Gordon would come around to what the Hornets are building and buy in, especially with all the uncertainties now out of the way. HoopsWorld
    I'm not sure if I would want him here after all that. He seems like one of those players that if things dont go his way he wants out. His a legit scorer with serious range. His talent can't be ignore and the fact that his only one year older than DD. Stephen Brrotherson doesn't seem to agree.

rob
    would you trade Demar for Eric Gordon this summer?

Stephen Brotherston
    Flat out NO. I am not into reclamation projects – unless I’m giving up next to nothing. Let someone else take the risk

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...hVGUlFIZKLE.99
    markus naslund
    can a Demar derozan for Eric gordon trade work? of course fillers and draft picks may be needed.

Stephen Brotherston
    It could work, you wouldn’t even have to add all that much in salary – the bigger issue is – do you want a player who is trying to force his way out of a team or keep the guy who wants to be on your team? EC hasn’t exactly looked great lately and he’s owed almost $45m over the next 3 years. Not sure I’d even touch the deal, certainly not adding in draft picks.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...hVGUlFIZKLE.99
    It's somthing to thing to think about it. How y'all feel?
    @Chr1st1anL

I don't want Eric Gordon but not because I love Demar. A healthy Eric Gordon is all-star material while Demar will never, ever sniff that opportunity. Yes, he's a good, hard-working kid. His work ethic alone merits props from me. Unfortunately, there's more to the NBA than being a nice, hardworking guy. Stephen Brotherson is a lone voice in all of this. I respect his opinion but having said that, this doesn't change my stance the Demar should be traded this offseason for something else.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

trade DeMar for a PF and start Ross. problem solved if we trade him cause honestly Im a DeRozan fan but he is the biggest trade asset we have and its about making the Raptors better.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        trade DeMar for a PF and start Ross. problem solved if we trade him cause honestly Im a DeRozan fan but he is the biggest trade asset we have and its about making the Raptors better.
        Ross has not proven that he can be a starter in this league.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Ross has not proven that he can be a starter in this league.
          He hasn't even proven he can contribute solidly off the bench...then again that's mostly Casey's fault with the inconsistent minutes.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

i don't like Eric Gordon's attitude, injury history, or the fact that he can't defend PGs or SGs. Not the kind of player I want to build my team around in any way. Yes he does have very solid skills, but I'd stay away from him.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              i don't like Eric Gordon's attitude, injury history, or the fact that he can't defend PGs or SGs. Not the kind of player I want to build my team around in any way. Yes he does have very solid skills, but I'd stay away from him.
              +1. I'd take Demar over Gordon solely because Demar never misses games and Gordon barely plays

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                +1. I'd take Demar over Gordon solely because Demar never misses games and Gordon barely plays
                I agree but I wasn't comparing them one on one. I just think that EG would be a better fit. I like DeRonzan better. I'm not a fan of undersized guards especially one that's always injured. DD doesn't get enough credit for how durable he is. You can always book him 70+ games a years.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

if they took demar and kleiza for eg i would do it we have ross and fields and anderson to throw in and i think eg dont want to play there

Comment

From Brotherson:

do you want a player who is trying to force his way out of a team or keep the guy who wants to be on your team?
                    Wonder if we can find similar statements when Lowry was traded for.......

One thing that may be overlooked with Gordon is why he is unhappy with NOH. Management used the new CBA RFA pay scale and rules to a serious advantage (as many teams have done) when dealing with Gordon's recent contract. They didn't make Gordon an offer, waited until another team did and he's signed the offer sheet, then matched. The result was a less lucrative contract than he would have demanded from NOH. Not a bad idea as far as I'm concerned (I think he is still paid too much because of his injury history), but Gordon was upset NOH didn't offer him a deal, felt Phoenix actually wanted him, asked NOH not to match, but NOH matched anyways. Now they are looking to trade him, while benching him and not explaining why - so its not really a suprise he isn't happy with that team.

Anyways, I agree with BoS. Gordon is a very good player, much much better than Demar, but a ridiculous and unnecessary health risk. Demar coming off the bench at 10 mil > Paying Eric Gordon to rehab a knee at 15 mil

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Before I start I want to make it clear that I am one of DD biggest surporters. I usually wouldn't even think about trading DD but, the losing and lack of playoffs over the past 5 years is getting to me. I do believe that DD and Rudy can play with eachother. Give them training camp and they could make it work. I think I can't ignore is that how much of a good fit EG would be next to RG. If you haven't heard EG has been pretty much trying to get himself out of New Orleans.

I'm not sure if I would want him here after all that. He seems like one of those players that if things dont go his way he wants out. His a legit scorer with serious range. His talent can't be ignore and the fact that his only one year older than DD. Stephen Brrotherson doesn't seem to agree.

It's somthing to thing to think about it. How y'all feel?

If the Hornets want Gordon out, and the whole situation is poisoned, then this is a great opportunity to unload Bargs.

I vote a straight up Andrea for Eric. It works on the trade machine. Who cares if we get stacked on SG's. Deal with that later. Gordon for AB would give me warm and tinglies. Gordon for Demar....meh. I think Demar actually likes Toronto. Might as well keep him, he's not overly expensive. f

Comment

Agree. Plus, Hobbitt cant knock down threes. If they were to replace Demar, i'd rather have a guy who can shoot threes and can knock down perimeter shots at least 45-50%.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                          Agree. Plus, Hobbitt cant knock down threes. If they were to replace Demar, i'd rather have a guy who can shoot threes and can knock down perimeter shots at least 45-50%.
                          Screw the scoring/shooting, I'd want a guy who's D is more advanced than Demar's, and who's at least as professional as he is, like an Arron Afflalo (even if Afflalo shot worse than he actually does). That to me would be the best kind of straight up trade for a SG.

Otherwise, save Demar for a bigger package to get a better player, regardless of position.
                          Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Apr 9, 2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I love Gordon's game, but his proneness to injury is a massive concern. He's missed approx. 140 games over the past 4 years.

Comment

Screw the scoring/shooting, I'd want a guy who's D is more advanced than Demar's, and who's at least as professional as he is, like an Arron Afflalo (even if Afflalo shot worse than he actually does). That to me would be the best kind of straight up trade for a SG.

Otherwise, save Demar for a bigger package to get a better player, regardless of position.
                              Oh yeah that too. I assumed D was already a given.

Comment

Working...
                              X