Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 220

Thread: Giannis Adetokunbo 6-9 Greek Freak

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Basilis wrote: View Post
    Is there an ignore option here?
    We all feel the same way...

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My apologies Basilis, looks like he is Greek OR soon will be.

    Adetokoubo has applied for the Greek passport and all reports claim it's just a matter of time and bureaucracy before he is a Greek. But so much is dependent on the papers.
    http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/new...5082/arti.html

    According to other forums he has been offered Greek, Spanish and Nigerian citizenship BUT he chose Greece so that resolves that.

    I found some good scouting footage of him here

    But it's not all good news. Eurobasket doesn't think much of him.

    He just signed with a Spanish side that put really affordable buyout clauses at the end of each season so it looks like he is a perfect candidate to be drafted and stashed. Other than that the Celtics, Spurs, Suns, Nuggets, Raptors, and the Pacers have scouted this kid. If someone could explain the quality of team CAI Zargoza (his new team) is that would wrap up everyone's questions.

  3. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
  4. #43
    Raptors Republic Rookie JackfromNZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    62
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just wanted to hear peoples opinions on a interesting prospect. Just chill out Basillis

  5. #44
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Peja Stojakovic just gave an interview in Greek media on this issue (he lives in Greece since he was a kid)....


    He was asked, "Are you Serbian or Greek?" His answer was, "I was born in Serbia, but I consider myself a Greek, and I am a Greek".
    Last edited by Basilis; Sat Apr 13th, 2013 at 10:33 PM.

  6. #45
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,367
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Basilis wrote: View Post
    Peja Stojakovic just gave an interview in Greek media on this issue (he lives in Greece since he was a kid)....


    He was asked, "Are you Serbian or Greek?" His answer was, "I was born in Serbia, but I consider myself a Greek, and I am a Greek".
    Good to know.
    #FREE

  7. #46
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Basilis wrote: View Post
    Peja Stojakovic just gave an interview in Greek media on this issue (he lives in Greece since he was a kid)....


    He was asked, "Are you Serbian or Greek?" His answer was, "I was born in Serbia, but I consider myself a Greek, and I am a Greek".
    Perfect timing!

  8. #47
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    One million for a source.

  9. #48
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Basilis wrote: View Post
    Peja Stojakovic just gave an interview in Greek media on this issue (he lives in Greece since he was a kid)....


    He was asked, "Are you Serbian or Greek?" His answer was, "I was born in Serbia, but I consider myself a Greek, and I am a Greek".
    It must have been when you interviewed him privately, because there is no quote like that on google, and I simply cannot find any other remnants of an interview discussing his greek nationality.

    I wager you have no source.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  10. #49
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    It must have been when you interviewed him privately, because there is no quote like that on google, and I simply cannot find any other remnants of an interview discussing his greek nationality.

    I wager you have no source.
    Asking for a source is so xenophobic and racist. As is questioning greek nationality of a person who was born in yugoslavia to serbian parents and lived there since he was 17, Peja is greek, Ibaka is spanish, DJ Mbenga is Belgian, Depardieu is russian and Valanciunas will soon be a hardcore canadian...
    Last edited by Vykis; Sun Apr 14th, 2013 at 12:10 PM.

  11. #50
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wouldn't go so far as asking for a source being a xenophobe or a racist.. If there was a link that showed that Peja grew up in Greece, played for Greece, or has Greek citizenship then I think people would move on.

    And a quick google search of "Stojakovic Greek" does show that he has a Greek citizenship (it's in his Wikipedia page)

  12. #51
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,367
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Vykis wrote: View Post
    Asking for a source is so xenophobic and racist. As is questioning greek nationality of a person who was born in yugoslavia to serbian parents and lived there since he was 17, Peja is greek, Ibaka is spanish, DJ Mbenga is Belgian, Depardieu is russian and Valanciunas will soon be a hardcore canadian...
    Valančiūnas isn't Lithuanian*

    Quote Basilis wrote: View Post
    Valanciunas isn't Lithuanian.

    OH THIS IS SO XENOPHOBIC and racist!! I think I'm insulted now.
    #FREE

  13. #52
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as asking for a source being a xenophobe or a racist.. If there was a link that showed that Peja grew up in Greece, played for Greece, or has Greek citizenship then I think people would move on.

    And a quick google search of "Stojakovic Greek" does show that he has a Greek citizenship (it's in his Wikipedia page)
    He was being sarcastic :P
    We keep getting called racist for our regular mode of conduct here (asking for sources).

    Also, his Greek citizenship and his being of Greek nationality, is very different (I have a Canadian passport, yet would not call myself of Canadian nationality!).

    And after all is said and done, I still believe that the 'recent interview' was a sham.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  14. #53
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    He was being sarcastic :P
    We keep getting called racist for our regular mode of conduct here (asking for sources).

    Also, his Greek citizenship and his being of Greek nationality, is very different (I have a Canadian passport, yet would not call myself of Canadian nationality!).

    And after all is said and done, I still believe that the 'recent interview' was a sham.
    Sorry my sarcasm meter needs new batteries

  15. #54
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,360
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You guys are hilarious.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  16. #55
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There's some crazy ass people on these forums....

  17. #56
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JackfromNZ wrote: View Post
    I just wanted to hear peoples opinions on a interesting prospect. Just chill out Basillis
    LOL, things escalate pretty quick when you bring up Greek players on this forum!!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  18. #57
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    LOL, things escalate pretty quick when you bring up Greek players on this forum!!
    Only because one guy registered for some Greek wrestling after probably being puked out on realgm.

  19. #58
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Is basilis even a raptors fan?

  20. #59
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,367
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He's probably a fan of ex raptor Turkoglu, who actually considers himself Greek.
    #FREE

  21. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
  22. #60
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    He's probably a fan of ex raptor Turkoglu, who actually considers himself Greek.
    He registered in January, so that theory is pretty much gone.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •