Giannis Adetokunbo 6-9 Greek Freak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basilis wrote: View Post
    "Struggle to find".........it took me all of about 10 seconds using English Google to find all kinds of sources from huge US sports media sites that confirmed totally all things I said here about Peja.

VERY EASY for everyone here to find. I DID provide sources. Hell, even NBA.com itself said it.

But then, there are people here saying things like, "I searched through Google and could find not a single source anywhere to show Peja has any link or connection to Greece in any way at all." And then they would imply that I was lying about it and making it all up.

And you are going to say I am the one that is immature? Seriously? Really?

So let me get this straight, NBA.com and CNN Sports Illustrated are not good enough sources for you? Greece's head of the entire country's national sports system and Greece's version of ESPN are not good enough sources for you?
    I understand the problem now.. You gotta stop using Quote marks when you are paraphrasing.
    I couldnt find any interviews referring to his nationality, and you refused to give a source until your tantrum.

And honestly, can you really blame me? Your credibility is incredibly low, specifically due to that list earlier in the thread of 'Greek NBA stars' who really werent very Greek.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

"Struggle to find".........it took me all of about 10 seconds using English Google to find all kinds of sources from huge US sports media sites that confirmed totally all things I said here about Peja.

VERY EASY for everyone here to find. I DID provide sources. Hell, even NBA.com itself said it.

But then, there are people here saying things like, "I searched through Google and could find not a single source anywhere to show Peja has any link or connection to Greece in any way at all." And then they would imply that I was lying about it and making it all up.

And you are going to say I am the one that is immature? Seriously? Really?

So let me get this straight, NBA.com and CNN Sports Illustrated are not good enough sources for you? Greece's head of the entire country's national sports system and Greece's version of ESPN are not good enough sources for you?
      For what it's worth, I never meant about Peja, I meant about Giannis.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
        Just proves all stereotypes about Greece. That's sad.
        No one's hating your country, wake up! You're the one who's xenophob here, look how you behave, while everyone's using subtle sarcasm or irony, you're directly calling us ignorant jerks and liars. Most importantly, no one cares, who he is Greek, Serbian or Nigerian... WHO CARES. I would understand if he would play for raptors, as that at least would make sense, but now.. Well, ok, we see you love everything what associates with word Greece, but this is plain stupid, calling Canadians Xenophobs as their capital is one of most culturally diverse cities in this planet. Wooden logic. Really, find a new hobby.
        Wrong. I have done nothing but come here to discuss Nikos Pappas and Giannis Adetokoubo, two Greek players that were being talked about here. I just wanted to talk about them and basketball and that's all I was doing.

Then some of you started with, "No one from Greece was good enough to play in the NBA." "Greece never had an NBA player." "Not a single Greek ever was good in the NBA", etc. with such of posts like that.

I corrected you that you were wrong, citing in particular guys like Rony Seikaly and Peja that have always said themselves they were Greek and always have claimed THAT is their nationality. Citing that those guys were pretty good NBA players, especially the point is important with Seikaly, since his entire basketball development was done in Greece.

After I said this, a whole bunch of people started calling me a liar, saying I was trolling, started saying, "no, no, no NONE of that is true, it's all lies", and just going on and on and on with being huge jerks about it.

Then as if ruining the Pappas thread with that trolling IGNORANCE was not enough, the same nonsense started here in the Giannis Adetokoubo thread, with the same ignorant trolling starting................

Now that everything I said has been proven and confirmed as being true, now the trolling has morphed into, "we were just being sarcastic, that's all."

Like I said, I just came here to discuss basketball and will be very glad to discuss and tell anything anyone wants to know about Pappas and Adetokoubo, but I am not here to be called a liar and get trolled by a bunch of people for simply stating truth and correcting you when you post things that are false and untrue.

It's not my fault that you apparently had no clue that Peja was actually Greek. Not my fault you didn't know that. You didn't need to start trolling me after I pointed out to you that he is Greek. All you had to do was say, "Oh OK, thanks I did not know that", or something to that effect.

Instead of the whole, Peja isn't Greek you troll, thing that ensued.
        Last edited by Basilis; Sun Apr 14, 2013, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Wrong. I have done nothing but come here to discuss Nikos Pappas and Giannis Adetokoubo, two Greek players that were being talked about here. I just wanted to talk about them and basketball and that's all I was doing.

Then some of you started with, "No one from Greece was good enough to play in the NBA." "Greece never had an NBA player." "Not a single Greek ever was good in the NBA", etc. with such of posts like that.

I corrected you that you were wrong, citing in particular guys like Rony Seikaly and Peja that have always said themselves they were Greek and always have claimed THAT is their nationality. Citing that those guys were pretty good NBA players, especially the point is important with Seikaly, since his entire basketball development was done in Greece.

After I said this, a whole bunch of people started calling me a liar, saying I was trolling, started saying, "no, no, no NONE of that is true, it's all lies", and just going on and on and on with being huge jerks about it.

Then as if ruining the Pappas thread with that trolling IGNORANCE was not enough, the same nonsense started here in the Giannis Adetokoubo thread, with the same ignorant trolling starting................
          Again, no one EVER posted that stuff, stop using Quotations when you are paraphrasing (especially falsely paraphrasing)

All you did was post a bogus list of 'Greek' NBA players, to try to prove to us how amazing the Greek nationals are at playing ball, we laughed, we mocked, and your credibility took a large hit.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
            My apologies Basilis, looks like he is Greek OR soon will be.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/new...5082/arti.html

According to other forums he has been offered Greek, Spanish and Nigerian citizenship BUT he chose Greece so that resolves that.

I found some good scouting footage of him here

But it's not all good news. Eurobasket doesn't think much of him.

He just signed with a Spanish side that put really affordable buyout clauses at the end of each season so it looks like he is a perfect candidate to be drafted and stashed. Other than that the Celtics, Spurs, Suns, Nuggets, Raptors, and the Pacers have scouted this kid. If someone could explain the quality of team CAI Zargoza (his new team) is that would wrap up everyone's questions.
            Oh sorry, I missed this in all the madness.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              For what it's worth, I never meant about Peja, I meant about Giannis.
              What about Giannis? Someone else in this very same thread already posted a link from FIBA itself stating he was born in Greece, lived there his whole life, and was already being processed by Greece to get his passport.

Get his passport, as in meaning that he could then travel to countries outside of Greece, so that he could play in non-Greek tournaments. Or is FIBA not a good enough source for you either?
              Last edited by Basilis; Sun Apr 14, 2013, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Peja Stojakovic just gave an interview in Greek media on this issue (he lives in Greece since he was a kid)....

He was asked, "Are you Serbian or Greek?" His answer was, "I was born in Serbia, but I consider myself a Greek, and I am a Greek".
                You never are going to give a source for this are you?

Comment

Wow, imagine that. You don't read Greek, and you can't understand why you can't find anything on it, by searching through ENGLISH Google, using Latin alphabet.

I was able to find a confirmation of Peja's statements (which were on Greek radio) being talked about and confirmed.

The interview confirming Peja's statements is in Greek, you know, since Peja speaks Greek and lives in Greece and all.........the source is Sport24, which is Greece's equivalent of ESPN.

Background and meaning of the article:

This is the head of Greece's national sports system, Giannis Ioannidis, telling what Peja Stojakovic said to him about this issue, of whether he is a Greek or not. It is relating to Peja wanting to play for the Greek national team, and that Adetokoubo and his brother should be allowed to also. Remember, like I said, Peja was eligible to play for Greece, and he wanted to play for Greece, and NOT for Yugoslavia. But he could not, because Greece did not want to have anyone born in war torn Yugoslavia on the team at that time, because it would cause a political controversy, and Greece did not want to get into that. Believe it or not, Canadians, the Yugoslav war was a very politically touchy subject back then. Even if you are so ignorant that you do not know this history, at least use some thinking power to at least grasp why that would be when someone tells it to you.

This comes up as a discussion again in Greece, from the issue that Draftexpress and other US articles make into a controversy, claiming that Giannis Adetkoubo is not really a Greek, and is not really eligible to play for Greece, and so it is the head of Greece's national sports ministry clarifying the issue. Where it is also clarified that Peja IS Greek, just as I have been saying here.

http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/o_iwann...o.2208184.html

First, in Greek:

Να σας πω και κάτι. Εγώ αγαπώ πολύ τον Στογιάκοβιτς, όχι επειδή είναι παικταράς, αλλά επειδή παντρεύτηκε Ελληνίδα, έκανε παιδιά, ζει στην Ελλάδα. Είπε από την πρώτη στιγμή ότι εντάξει γεννήθηκα στην Κροατία αλλά κέρδισα τα μέγιστα από την κουλτούρα την ελληνική. Αυτό υπάρχουν Ελληνες που δεν το είπαν. Και αυτός ήρθε εδώ, έκατσε και μίλησε έτσι.

Now, in English: (I added the context in the brackets so non-Greek readers can fully grasp and understand what is being talked about.)

Giannis Ioannidis:

Let me tell you something, I love Stojaković very much, not because he is great, but because he married a Greek, his children are Greek, and he lives in Greece. He said from the beginning that, "Okay, I was born in Croatia, but I gained the most from the Greek culture." When he [Peja] heard, they are not Greeks [referring to Giannis Adetokoubo and his brother Thanasis Adetokoubo, and what comes from US NBA related sports media], he [Peja] came here [refers to Greek sports ministry office], sat down, and said the same things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wager you will not have the decency to admit you were wrong, nor to apologize.
                  And BTW, as much as I am totally Ok with the source you offer, some thigns to note considering how often you call people liars and ignorant:

-First off, you originally quoted Peja. You still have not provided a quote from Peja. It's fine not to have one and to use this as a source of information, but you did misrepresent your information. And yes I realize there is plenty of information regarding Peja's nationality easily available on the internet, but still, how you say things impacts how people expect you to back it up.

-Second, your whole thing originally argued that Giannis has a Greek passport, which HE DOES NOT, but HE DOES EXPECT TO HAVE ONE no problem, as the process has not finished playing out.

ANOTHER BS from draftexpress............my God this poor kid. Draftexpress article ruining every fact about him.

He HAS Greek citizenship. He HAS a Greek passport. This whole thing was already debunked in Greek media weeks ago.
                  Just some things to keep in mind when you try to discredit people and call them liars.
                  Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Apr 14, 2013, 06:45 PM.

Comment

What about Giannis? Someone else in this very same thread already posted a link from FIBA itself stating he was born in Greece, lived there his whole life, and was already being processed by Greece to get his passport.

Get his passport, as in meaning that he could then travel to countries outside of Greece, so that he could play in non-Greek tournaments. Or is FIBA not a good enough source for you either?
                    Yes, I accidentally reposted the same article and then apologized to the original poster for not noticing his post. I also noted how that article made out his competition level to be quite low. Of course, I don't expect anything like an apology from you. At this point, I was just hoping you meant it when you said you were leaving the forum. You are not contributing to it in any way.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Is this a Stojakovic thread?
                      Did you not read the Nikos Pappas thread? I am not sure if I remember you in that thread or not. Please go read that thread if you did not already. You should see then why some people in this thread started a huge troll against me for no reason, both in that thread, and in this thread.

Comment

These are the types of posts that have been made by several people in this thread and in the Nikos Pappas thread:

"No proof anywhere that Peja is Greek".
                        "Nothing in Google can be found to show Peja is Greek".
                        "No quotes or sources anywhere claiming Peja is Greek".
                        "Nothing comes up in any Google searches confirming Peja is Greek."
                        "Everyone knows Peja is NOT Greek and has NOTHING to do with Greece."
                        "Peja lived in Serbia his whole life".
                        "Peja never lived in Greece."
                        "Peja does not have a Greek wife."
                        "Peja does not have Greek kids."
                        "Peja does not live in Greece."
                        "Peja does not speak Greek."
                        "Peja did not serve with Greece."
                        "Peja does not have Greek citizenship."
                        Okay, show me where in this thread or the Pappas those things have been said. Because I've read through every page, and I have not seen anyone other than you talk about his wife, his kids, what language he speaks, where he's served, and or even what citizenship he has. Total strawman argument.

I think it's an interesting question what really determines someone's national identity, whether it's what passport they have, where they live, where they were born, or what nationality they most identify with. It's totally fine for you as a Greek to identify everyone who has lived in Greece and talked positively about it as Greek. For those of us with an international interest in basketball, the fact that he's played internationally for Yugoslavia is really the most important consideration.
                        Last edited by octothorp; Sun Apr 14, 2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                          Are you still allowed to post as 'European Baller' on drafnet? Must be kinda hard to search internetforums about the nba just to find something about Greek players so you can start calling people out.

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/why-wa...pappas-deleted
                          Haha! I can bet $1000000 that's him. Priceless.
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Did you not read the Nikos Pappas thread? I am not sure if I remember you in that thread or not. Please go read that thread if you did not already. You should see then why some people in this thread started a huge troll against me for no reason, both in that thread, and in this thread.
                            You mean the thread where you said that Pappas was better than "any of those players" and the players listed were, amongst others, Rudy Gay and DeRozan?

You mean the thread where you said comparing Ginobili to Pappas was an insult to Pappas?

You mean the thread where you listed people like Kurt Rambis to prove that there were Greek impact players in the nba?

Any trolling you receive is well deserved. Right now we're only replying because you make it fun.

Comment

Basilis no one is trying to 'start a huge troll against you'. Seriously calm your aggression, I feel there has been copious amounts of miscommunication.

You have missed used quotes, thrown around un-supported claims, and continue to go on tantrums where you refer to every single other person as a liar, a troll, or a morally unbalanced individual.

How can any productive conversation begin when you react as such?

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                                Haha! I can bet $1000000 that's him. Priceless.
                                I hope it's him; otherwise we have irrefutable evidence that ALL Greek people have completely lost it. The crisis probably made psychological help unpayable.

Comment

Working...
                                X