Giannis Adetokunbo 6-9 Greek Freak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basilis wrote: View Post
    You really need to stop listening to USA propaganda.
    I think he's being sarcastic man. You need to take it down a notch. Have a shot of tsipouro or something. RELAX

Comment

• Omg, i've only been reading this thread in morbid fascination, please don't troll me into an economics discussion.

If names like Randall Wray and Bill Mitchell mean nothing to you and you are unfamiliar with what is meant by sectoral balances, just talk about something else, like basketball, for instance.

Comment

• Just got to reading this thread and watching the video now. The competition looks decent, but this kid looks incredible. Even the weaknesses provided look like a bit of a stretch. I'll be fascinated to see where he is in a couple years' time. Hopefully in a Raps' uniform.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Adetokoubo brothers officially announced as GREEK, and as members of GREEK national team by the government of Greece.

http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/ElladaB...o.2212687.html

All this ridiculous nonsense from some people here.............
          Thanks for the link. I'm curious to know something. This article, when I run it through google translate, states the following:
          Even the last stiigmi seems that the Greek State avoids blunder and a window in citizenship law, brothers Antetokoumpo likely to gain permanent residence permit and a Greek passport, to form and real capital of Greek basketball. The meeting of the G.Vasilakopoulou Stylianidis lit the "green" light and soon both John and Thanasis Antetokoumpo will soon hold a Greek passport.

It is known issue. Both of the two brothers, although they were born in Greece, have grown up in Athens can not have citizenship.
          So, that would mean that he does not have Greek citizenship, and is not eligible for Greek citizenship, but instead is being issued permanent resident cards and passports. What confuses me is that you've argued on this thread that he actually already has Greek citizenship and berated others for not acknowledging that (in this post, for example, and this one). Perhaps google translated it wrong and the section that was translated as 'cannot have citizenship' should have been translated as 'already has citizenship'? But then, if he already has citizenship, I don't understand why he'd need a permanent residence permit, unless that too has been mistranslated?

Please understand, I don't care in the least what his citizenship status is. If he plays for the Greek national team, whether as a full citizen or a permanent resident, good for him, and best of luck to the entire team! But his citizenship seems to be of great importance to you, so I just thought you might want to know that the translated version of the article you posted seems to be spreading information that is incorrect, according to your own version of the events.
          Last edited by octothorp; Mon Apr 15, 2013, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
            Thanks for the link. I'm curious to know something. This article, when I run it through google translate, states the following:

So, that would mean that he does not have Greek citizenship, and is not eligible for Greek citizenship, but instead is being issued permanent resident cards and passports. What confuses me is that you've argued on this thread that he actually already has Greek citizenship and berated others for not acknowledging that (in this post, for example, and this one). Perhaps google translated it wrong and the section that was translated as 'cannot have citizenship' should have been translated as 'already has citizenship'? But then, if he already has citizenship, I don't understand why he'd need a permanent residence permit, unless that too has been mistranslated?

Please understand, I don't care in the least what his citizenship status is. If he plays for the Greek national team, whether as a full citizen or a permanent resident, good for him, and best of luck to the entire team! But his citizenship seems to be of great importance to you, so I just thought you might want to know that the translated version of the article you posted seems to be spreading information that is incorrect, according to your own version of the events.
            Basilis is full of shit. But its hilarious when he flips out on us when he's actually the one spitting BS all over the forums. I still don't know why he's on a Raptors forum. We don't have a single Greek Player on the team unless he thinks every european is Greek.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Basilis is full of shit. But its hilarious when he flips out on us when he's actually the one spitting BS all over the forums. I still don't know why he's on a Raptors forum. We don't have a single Greek Player on the team unless he thinks every european is Greek.
              There's no reason to insult Basilis.

I could point out that there's also no Canadians on the Raptors and many RR posters live outside Toronto, so I fail to see how geography or nationality should have any bearing on anyone's decision to support the Raptors!

If every poster who's ever made a statistical mistake, committed a logical error, or changed their mind were questioned for being on RR, this place would be a barren wasteland!

On a related note, can we all please return this thread to its intended purpose, which was to discuss the skill/potential of Adetokunbo, regardless of his nationality, citizenship, place or residence, ethnicity or financial well being. many thanks

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post

Why are you doing this? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? WHAT IS YOUR AGENDA HERE?

NO. That is NOT what that means. He HAD Greek citizenship up until February, when a new law was passed that changed the rules for citizenship. UNTIL THIS FEBRUARY HE WAS A GREEK CITIZEN.

After the news rules changed, he was not. He has now been processed officially, and he IS a Greek citizen, and the passport will come by the end of this month.

NO ONE IS ELIGIBLE TO PLAY FOR THE GREEK NATIONAL TEAM AT ANY LEVEL, OR IN ANY SPORT, UNLESS THEY HAVE FULL 100% CITIZENSHIP STATUS.

NO ONE CAN PLAY FOR THE GREEK NATIONAL TEAM UNLESS THEY ARE A GREEK CITIZEN.

NO ONE CAN PLAY FOR THE GREEK NATIONAL TEAM IF THEY ARE A NATURALIZED CITIZEN. NO NATURALIZED PLAYERS ARE ALLOWED TO PLAY FOR GREECE UNDER THE NATIONAL LAW.

HE HAS A FULL GREEK CITIZENSHIP AND IT IS NOW OFFICIAL.

STOP SPREADING THIS PROPAGANDA THAT HE DOES NOT PLEASE. IT IS GETTING VERY INSULTING AT THIS POINT.

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                He read the article wrong, because he can't read Greek, then he makes false statements as to what it said. Then you start trolling.
                Last edited by Basilis; Tue Apr 16, 2013, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  There's no reason to insult Basilis.

I could point out that there's also no Canadians on the Raptors and many RR posters live outside Toronto, so I fail to see how geography or nationality should have any bearing on anyone's decision to support the Raptors!

If every poster who's ever made a statistical mistake, committed a logical error, or changed their mind were questioned for being on RR, this place would be a barren wasteland!

On a related note, can we all please return this thread to its intended purpose, which was to discuss the skill/potential of Adetokunbo, regardless of his nationality, citizenship, place or residence, ethnicity or financial well being. many thanks
                  Have you been reading the conversation? all he cares about it greek players. Its pretty obvious

Comment

Why are you doing this? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? WHAT IS YOUR AGENDA HERE?

NO. That is NOT what that means. He HAD Greek citizenship up until February, when a new law was passed that changed the rules for citizenship. UNTIL THIS FEBRUARY HE WAS A GREEK CITIZEN.

After the news rules changed, he was not. He has now been processed officially, and he IS a Greek citizen, and the passport will come by the end of this month.

NO ONE IS ELIGIBLE TO PLAY FOR THE GREEK NATIONAL TEAM AT ANY LEVEL, OR IN ANY SPORT, UNLESS THEY HAVE FULL 100% CITIZENSHIP STATUS.

NO ONE CAN PLAY FOR THE GREEK NATIONAL TEAM UNLESS THEY ARE A GREEK CITIZEN.

NO ONE CAN PLAY FOR THE GREEK NATIONAL TEAM IF THEY ARE A NATURALIZED CITIZEN. NO NATURALIZED PLAYERS ARE ALLOWED TO PLAY FOR GREECE UNDER THE NATIONAL LAW.

HE HAS A FULL GREEK CITIZENSHIP AND IT IS NOW OFFICIAL.

STOP SPREADING THIS PROPAGANDA THAT HE DOES NOT PLEASE. IT IS GETTING VERY INSULTING AT THIS POINT.
                    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

For real?

Go back and check post 18 again. Your story keeps changing and it is everybody fault for trying to get a credible link or source or clarification.

Oh my.

Comment

• http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w...02/2013_482177

Court orders citizenship law to be scrapped

Council of State deems right of migrants to become Greek unconstitutional

ekathimerini.com , Tuesday February 5, 2013 (20:40)

The Council of State on Tuesday deemed unconstitutional a law passed almost three years ago which allows second-generation migrants to apply for Greek citizenship and to stand in local elections.

Greece’s highest administrative court ruled that only Greeks could stand for office. It also decided that the criteria for offering Greek citizenship were not sufficient and that each case should be examined individually to ensure the applicant has a genuine bond with Greece.

Known as the Ragousis law after former Interior Minister Yiannis Ragousis, the citizenship law was ratified by Parliament in early 2010, allowing those who had been born to immigrant parents legally living in Greece for at least five years to be granted Greek citizenship provided they had studied at a Greek school for a minimum of six years.

The Council of State’s decision could mean that some of those who were granted Greek citizenship in the last three years will lose their rights. It is not clear if the ruling will affect the outcome of local elections in 2010.

Greece had stopped granting citizenship under Ragousis criteria law in December, in anticipation of the court ruling being made public. The decision irked coalition partners PASOK and Democratic Left.

Deputy Interior Minister Haralambos Athanassiou said last month that the law would be replaced with legislation that would require migrants to show a “genuine bond” with Greece and prove they had assimilated into Greek culture.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENGLISH article, so the trolls here cannot say it says something different because Google translate said so (unbelievable trolling level some of you do here to even argue about what is said due to Google translate)......

EVERYTHING I have said CONFIRMED in ENGLISH.

If anyone else here implies any more that I am lying, trolling, or making things up here, I am sending abuse reports to mods. Then you can explain how me backing up everything with legit sources and links is "lying", and all this other untrue nonsense that I am being falsely accused of here.
                      Last edited by Basilis; Tue Apr 16, 2013, 10:32 PM.

Comment

ENGLISH article, so the trolls here cannot say it says something different because Google translate said so (unbelievable trolling level some of you do here to even argue about what is said due to Google translate)......

EVERYTHING I have said CONFIRMED in ENGLISH.

If anyone else here implies any more that I am lying, trolling, or making things up here, I am sending abuse reports to mods. Then you can explain how me backing up everything with legit sources and links is "lying", and all this other untrue nonsense that I am being falsely accused of here.
                        Everybody was reminded to keep this thread about Adetokunbo's basketball skills/potential. This isn't the United Nations or a citizenship court - it doesn't matter one way or another what a player's background is - a basketball player is a basketball player, end of story. If you want to continue this non-basketball debate then please take it to a non-Raptors/non-basketball forum or do so via private messages with other members.

Comment

• I am going to debunk all of the claims here about him playing against "low level competition" and "lower than NCAA" and all this nonsense that he has not proven anything against good competition.

I am going to blow up that argument. I have a clip of Giannis Adetokoubo playing against one of the biggest Greek clubs, Aris, a FIRST DIVISION GREEK LEAGUE CLUB.

This is at age 17. He scored 17 points in a Greek Cup elimination game. This is at age 17, against better competition than NCAA Division I.

So please no more of this nonsense about playing against competition lower than NCAA. He played just fine against one of the probably top 30 best clubs in Europe over the last 6-7 years.
                          Last edited by Basilis; Wed Apr 17, 2013, 06:22 AM.

Comment

I am going to debunk all of the claims here about him playing against "low level competition" and "lower than NCAA" and all this nonsense that he has not proven anything against good competition.

I am going to blow up that argument. I have a clip of Giannis Adetokoubo playing against one of the biggest Greek clubs, Aris, a FIRST DIVISION GREEK LEAGUE CLUB.

This is at age 17. He scored 17 points in a Greek Cup elimination game. This is at age 17, against better competition than NCAA Division I.

So please no more of this nonsense about playing against competition lower than NCAA. He played just fine against one of the probably top 30 best clubs in Europe over the last 6-7 years.
                            This clip is not a high level of competition. I've seen high school teams play faster.

Comment

• 13 points, not 17.

Aris gave a lot of rest to their best players during the game.

Aris hasn't been a top team for a few years, not even in Greece. They aren't even a top 100 team in Europe right now.

No sources for you as everything can be easily googled...

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                This clip is not a high level of competition. I've seen high school teams play faster.
                                Seriously. It reminds me of the championship games of the beer league.

I am actually pretty interested/high on the kid. I'd love to see the Raptors draft him and stash him for a couple of years as he matures. He is a physical freak and as his body matures and his game develops I think he is going to have a very bright future especially considering the guard skills he possesses combined with a late growth spurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X