Giannis Adetokunbo 6-9 Greek Freak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enlightenment wrote: View Post
    It must have been when you interviewed him privately, because there is no quote like that on google, and I simply cannot find any other remnants of an interview discussing his greek nationality.

I wager you have no source.
    Wow, imagine that. You don't read Greek, and you can't understand why you can't find anything on it, by searching through ENGLISH Google, using Latin alphabet.

I was able to find a confirmation of Peja's statements (which were on Greek radio) being talked about and confirmed.

The interview confirming Peja's statements is in Greek, you know, since Peja speaks Greek and lives in Greece and all.........the source is Sport24, which is Greece's equivalent of ESPN.

Background and meaning of the article:

This is the head of Greece's national sports system, Giannis Ioannidis, telling what Peja Stojakovic said to him about this issue, of whether he is a Greek or not. It is relating to Peja wanting to play for the Greek national team, and that Adetokoubo and his brother should be allowed to also. Remember, like I said, Peja was eligible to play for Greece, and he wanted to play for Greece, and NOT for Yugoslavia. But he could not, because Greece did not want to have anyone born in war torn Yugoslavia on the team at that time, because it would cause a political controversy, and Greece did not want to get into that. Believe it or not, Canadians, the Yugoslav war was a very politically touchy subject back then. Even if you are so ignorant that you do not know this history, at least use some thinking power to at least grasp why that would be when someone tells it to you.

This comes up as a discussion again in Greece, from the issue that Draftexpress and other US articles make into a controversy, claiming that Giannis Adetkoubo is not really a Greek, and is not really eligible to play for Greece, and so it is the head of Greece's national sports ministry clarifying the issue. Where it is also clarified that Peja IS Greek, just as I have been saying here.

http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/o_iwann...o.2208184.html

First, in Greek:

Να σας πω και κάτι. Εγώ αγαπώ πολύ τον Στογιάκοβιτς, όχι επειδή είναι παικταράς, αλλά επειδή παντρεύτηκε Ελληνίδα, έκανε παιδιά, ζει στην Ελλάδα. Είπε από την πρώτη στιγμή ότι εντάξει γεννήθηκα στην Κροατία αλλά κέρδισα τα μέγιστα από την κουλτούρα την ελληνική. Αυτό υπάρχουν Ελληνες που δεν το είπαν. Και αυτός ήρθε εδώ, έκατσε και μίλησε έτσι.

Now, in English: (I added the context in the brackets so non-Greek readers can fully grasp and understand what is being talked about.)

Giannis Ioannidis:

Let me tell you something, I love Stojaković very much, not because he is great, but because he married a Greek, his children are Greek, and he lives in Greece. He said from the beginning that, "Okay, I was born in Croatia, but I gained the most from the Greek culture." When he [Peja] heard, they are not Greeks [referring to Giannis Adetokoubo and his brother Thanasis Adetokoubo, and what comes from US NBA related sports media], he [Peja] came here [refers to Greek sports ministry office], sat down, and said the same things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wager you will not have the decency to admit you were wrong, nor to apologize.
    Last edited by Basilis; Sun Apr 14, 2013, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
      Asking for a source is so xenophobic and racist. As is questioning greek nationality of a person who was born in yugoslavia to serbian parents and lived there since he was 17, Peja is greek, Ibaka is spanish, DJ Mbenga is Belgian, Depardieu is russian and Valanciunas will soon be a hardcore canadian...
      Peja has lived in Greece since he was 16. STOP lying.

Comment

Basilis wrote: View Post
        Peja Stojakovic just gave an interview in Greek media on this issue (he lives in Greece since he was a kid)....

He was asked, "Are you Serbian or Greek?" His answer was, "I was born in Serbia, but I consider myself a Greek, and I am a Greek".
        Where is this quote in the article? It's not there nor is anything resembling it. Not that I give a shit whether he is Greek or Serbian, but you are just full of it.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
          Where is this quote in the article? It's not there nor is anything resembling it. Not that I give a shit whether he is Greek or Serbian, but you are just full of it.
          It is unbelievable how rude and immature people here are, and how much lying and trolling they do. I am done with this forum. I really hope that most Canadians are not as ignorant and xenophobic as many of the people in this forum.
          Last edited by Basilis; Sun Apr 14, 2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

It is unbelievable how rude and immature people here are, and how much lying and trolling they do. I am done with this forum. I really hope that most Canadians are not as ignorant as this forum.
            I'm the most ignorant, but I'm not Canadian. Just back up your claims with evidence, because as long as you don't you're the one who comes across as the liar in spite of all your crying.

Comment

It is unbelievable how rude and immature people here are, and how much lying and trolling they do. I am done with this forum. I really hope that most Canadians are not as ignorant and xenophobic as many of the people in this forum.
              You are by far the rudest and most immature person here, at least on this thread. I don't know whre you see so much xenophobia, there is definitely ignorance when you're making reference to information other people would struggle to find and refusing to share your sources. This makes you just look like someone who wants everyone to bow down and agree with everything you say, but that's not going to happen, because you come off as the biggest asshole of all time.

Comment

Before I leave this incredibly rude and ignorant forum. I will expose just how big of LIARS some of these people here are.

These are the types of posts that have been made by several people in this thread and in the Nikos Pappas thread:

"No proof anywhere that Peja is Greek".
                "Nothing in Google can be found to show Peja is Greek".
                "No quotes or sources anywhere claiming Peja is Greek".
                "Nothing comes up in any Google searches confirming Peja is Greek."
                "Everyone knows Peja is NOT Greek and has NOTHING to do with Greece."
                "Peja lived in Serbia his whole life".
                "Peja never lived in Greece."
                "Peja does not have a Greek wife."
                "Peja does not have Greek kids."
                "Peja does not live in Greece."
                "Peja does not speak Greek."
                "Peja did not serve with Greece."
                "Peja does not have Greek citizenship."

Now to REALITY and TRUTH. In 5 seconds, with English Google, I found this:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/predra...kovic/bio.html

has a wife, Alexandra, a son, Andrej, and a daughter, Mila…spends off-season in Greece...became a Greek citizen in 1993

filmed a commercial in his native Serbian and Greek languages in 2000 for the NBA

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ngs/index.html

Stojakovic, 27, recently completed a three-month stint in the Greek army. Although Stojakovic was born in Yugoslavia, he added Greek citizenship years ago when he played for PAOK in the Greek League. And for all Greek citizens, military service is compulsory.

he had to report to an office in Thessaloniki, the seaside town where he lives in the off season with his girlfriend, Greek model Aleka [Greek for Alexa] Kamila

Stojakovic, who also was awaiting the birth of his first child this summer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In literally about 10 seconds, using ENGLISH Google, every single thing I said here about Peja was confirmed. Never have I seen such an unbelievable amount of liars on a basketball forum before.

Tell me, the ones of you saying things like, "I searched on Google and there is nothing anywhere that can be found that links Peja to Greece, nor that makes any mention of him being Greek in any way", etc.........

Did you actually think that I do not know how to use Google to prove that you were lying? Unbelievable. Truly unbelievable.
                Last edited by Basilis; Sun Apr 14, 2013, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Comment

Before I leave this incredibly rude and ignorant forum. I will expose just how big of LIARS some of these people here are.

These are the types of posts that have been made by several people in this thread and in the Nikos Pappas thread:

"No proof anywhere that Peja is Greek".
                    "Nothing in Google can be found to show Peja is Greek".
                    "No quotes or sources anywhere claiming Peja is Greek".
                    "Nothing comes up in any Google searches confirming Peja is Greek."
                    "Everyone knows Peja is NOT Greek and has NOTHING to do with Greece."
                    "Peja lived in Serbia his whole life".
                    "Peja never lived in Greece."
                    "Peja does not have a Greek wife."
                    "Peja does not have Greek kids."
                    "Peja does not live in Greece."
                    "Peja does not speak Greek."
                    "Peja did not serve with Greece."
                    "Peja does not have Greek citizenship."

Now to REALITY and TRUTH. In 5 seconds, with English Google, I found this:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/predra...kovic/bio.html

has a wife, Alexandra, a son, Andrej, and a daughter, Mila…spends off-season in Greece...became a Greek citizen in 1993

filmed a commercial in his native Serbian and Greek languages in 2000 for the NBA

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ngs/index.html

Stojakovic, 27, recently completed a three-month stint in the Greek army. Although Stojakovic was born in Yugoslavia, he added Greek citizenship years ago when he played for PAOK in the Greek League. And for all Greek citizens, military service is compulsory.

he had to report to an office in Thessaloniki, the seaside town where he lives in the off season with his girlfriend, Greek model Aleka [Greek for Alexa] Kamila

Stojakovic, who also was awaiting the birth of his first child this summer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In literally about 10 seconds, using ENGLISH Google, every single thing I said here about Peja was confirmed. Never have I seen such an unbelievable amount of liars on a basketball forum before.

Tell me, the ones of you saying things like, "I searched on Google and there is nothing anywhere that can be found that links Peja to Greece, nor that makes any mention of him being Greek in any way", etc.........

Did you actually think that I do not know how to use Google to prove that you were lying? Unbelievable. Truly unbelievable.
                    Is this a Stojakovic thread?

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                      I'm the most ignorant, but I'm not Canadian. Just back up your claims with evidence, because as long as you don't you're the one who comes across as the liar in spite of all your crying.
                      I provided sources to EVERYTHING, and you still said there was no proof and still acted like I was lying. And my apologies to any Canadians wronged by this Soft Euro non-Canadian's trolls here.

Comment

For people who can't read Greek and want a story on Giannis....Seriously Basilis, you found an interview about him and you focused on the part about Peja.

This article sums up his situation in English. Basically the essentials are that he doesn't have his official citizenship yet, but that there's no reason it should be held up. They expect him to get his Greek passport with no problem and be able to play for national teams going forward as an adult. The article also mentions the substandard competition he's been playing, which is something I was saying before. And just before Basilis calls the writer ignorant, I asked one of my best friends, a die hard Greek basktball fan, about him and the A2 league, and he seemed to share my view that it's pretty bad basketball, and not nearly the level of even A1. Sorry I can't reference my friend, but that shouldn't matter apparently. Oh, he also thinks Giannis looks like a good player who should at least be like a poor man's Deng or Batum type, as his offense might struggle to develop to a high level, but he's got amazing athleticism, good instincts and can be a huge factor on D.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/new...5082/arti.html

Oh, and this article is a bit older than the Greek one, but from what I understood of the Greek one, it's basically the same still...just waiting for the formality of the passport process to go through.
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Apr 14, 2013, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Peja Stojakovic just gave an interview in Greek media on this issue (he lives in Greece since he was a kid)....

He was asked, "Are you Serbian or Greek?" His answer was, "I was born in Serbia, but I consider myself a Greek, and I am a Greek".
                          I provided sources to EVERYTHING, and you still said there was no proof and still acted like I was lying. And my apologies to any Canadians wronged by this non-Canadian's trolls here.
                          You didn't give any source for this. None whatsoever.

Comment

Just proves all stereotypes about Greece. That's sad.
                            No one's hating your country, wake up! You're the one who's xenophob here, look how you behave, while everyone's using subtle sarcasm or irony, you're directly calling us ignorant jerks and liars. Most importantly, no one cares, who he is Greek, Serbian or Nigerian... WHO CARES. I would understand if he would play for raptors, as that at least would make sense, but now.. Well, ok, we see you love everything what associates with word Greece, but this is plain stupid, calling Canadians Xenophobs as their capital is one of most culturally diverse cities in this planet. Wooden logic. Really, find a new hobby.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              You are by far the rudest and most immature person here, at least on this thread. I don't know whre you see so much xenophobia, there is definitely ignorance when you're making reference to information other people would struggle to find and refusing to share your sources. This makes you just look like someone who wants everyone to bow down and agree with everything you say, but that's not going to happen, because you come off as the biggest asshole of all time.
                              "Struggle to find".........it took me all of about 10 seconds using English Google to find all kinds of sources from huge US sports media sites that confirmed totally all things I said here about Peja.

VERY EASY for everyone here to find. I DID provide sources. Hell, even NBA.com itself said it.

But then, there are people here saying things like, "I searched through Google and could find not a single source anywhere to show Peja has any link or connection to Greece in any way at all." And then they would imply that I was lying about it and making it all up.

And you are going to say I am the one that is immature? Seriously? Really?

So let me get this straight, NBA.com and CNN Sports Illustrated are not good enough sources for you? Greece's head of the entire country's national sports system and Greece's version of ESPN are not good enough sources for you?

Comment

Are you still allowed to post as 'European Baller' on drafnet? Must be kinda hard to search internetforums about the nba just to find something about Greek players so you can start calling people out.

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/why-wa...pappas-deleted

Comment

Working...
                                X