Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: GT: Raptors vs Bulls

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the Raps played pretty well except for a stretch in the 2nd. Demar, Gay and Ross were steady (Gay always gives me a couple of plays where I just shake my head), JV di okay except for fouls, but he played Mahamoud amnd Bozer pretty well I thought and showed a nice left handed hook, Luca and Anderson almost looked under control with their minutes.

Overall good game.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Should have mentioned Quincy for some nice play on both ends.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sigh. Raptors almost lost this game in the 4th because AS USUAL Casey stuck too long with the reserves. But anyway, a 101-97 win over a team missing Noah, Rose, Gibson and Deng isn't all that impressive. This team has LONG ways to go.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Sigh. Raptors almost lost this game in the 4th because AS USUAL Casey stuck too long with the reserves. But anyway, a 101-97 win over a team missing Noah, Rose, Gibson and Deng isn't all that impressive. This team has LONG ways to go.
    Bulls team lacked talent tonight, but there's no denying they're a very good team because of coaching systems, and players that buy in. I'm shocked this team is even in the playoffs this comfortably without Rose.

It wasn't too impressive, but it was a good win against a better system and coach. I agree with Casey and him going back to sticking with subs far too long in the fourth quarter. He was actually fairly solid with his rotations otherwise. Maybe it's because Gay and JV were in foul trouble for the most part.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like he lost his footing, fell forwards into gay's elbow. if anything looks like he might just have strained a muscle with the way his body was.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Amir is a warrior did a real good job on Boozer tonight. Not playing Fields was a good move. Acy is pretty versatile too. deRozan played very well as did Lowry (Double-Double)

rotations was understandable Ross JV and Gay were soaking up fouls throughout the game.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phez wrote: View Post

looks like he lost his footing, fell forwards into gay's elbow. if anything looks like he might just have strained a muscle with the way his body was.
    I hope (and sorta think) so. I'm hoping it's just something like a bad case of torticollis...that shit can be extremely painful and spontaneous.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Alex Mckhenie is a fuckin G!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got this game recorded - haven't watched it yet.

Looking forward to seeing Chicago. They are missing 3 of top 4 players and Raps still struggle to close it out. Also looking forward to more closely watching what they do on offense. Is it ISO central in Chicago as it is in Toronto? Oh yeah, did Toronto's offense revolve around ISO again? I am assuming yes based on post of numerous "iso iso iso etc." from earlier in thread.

Saw boxscore, Boozer shot bad but 2 assists shy of a triple double? Impressive.

From a basketball perspective Boozer/Robinson for Bargnani/Lucas would have been a no brainer - if true, of course.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

Looking forward to seeing Chicago. They are missing 3 of top 4 players and Raps still struggle to close it out. Also looking forward to more closely watching what they do on offense. Is it ISO central in Chicago as it is in Toronto? Oh yeah, did Toronto's offense revolve around ISO again? I am assuming yes based on post of numerous "iso iso iso etc." from earlier in thread.

From a basketball perspective Boozer/Robinson for Bargnani/Lucas would have been a no brainer - if true, of course.
    A fair amount of isos, but also they had stretches of solid ball movement. I think they need to practice with some kind of tool that gives extra incentive. Like a ball that gives a shock if it sticks in your hands for more than a second.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point we'd only be worrying about what team we'd be playing in the playoffs, not struggling for a spot.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

well they were missing 2/4 of their best when they ended the heats winning streak too. i would say joakim is arguably the better player than deng.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Which further shows my point of what a good system and solid coaching can do.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Which further shows my point of what a good system and solid coaching can do.
    Don't forget having and bringing in players that fit the system (Asik/Gibson).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information