Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official: 7-Player trade - Mavs get Butler/Haywood/Stevenson from Wiz for J.Howard+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: 7-Player trade - Mavs get Butler/Haywood/Stevenson from Wiz for J.Howard+

The Mavericks appear to have agreed on the major points of a trade that will send Josh Howard, Drew Gooden, Quinton Ross and James Singleton to Washington for Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood and DeShawn Stevenson.

http://startelegramsports.typepad.co...sh-howard.html

All I can say is it's not fair!!!! Y can't we trade for Butler & Haywood!!!

I wonder if we could still get Jamison??

We could trade Jose & Wright for Jamison

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yhqbksz
    Yes
    100.00%
    No
    0.00%
    Last edited by Deanialist; Sat Feb 13, 2010, 09:54 AM.
    Waiting for DeRozan to windmill dunk in a game!

This doesn't, in the short term, improve the Mavs. Haywood is not all that much better than Gooden, although Haywood is a center, and both Howard and Butler are having subpar seasons.

Also, this trade eliminates Dallas's cap flexibility since it trades Howard's expiring contract, which says something about the Mavs' belief in their ability to lure Bosh away from the Raps. Doesn't look to me like they think they can do it.

If Butler improves by the end of the year, this trade probably improves the Mavs, but otherwise it doesn't.

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
      This doesn't, in the short term, improve the Mavs. Haywood is not all that much better than Gooden, although Haywood is a center, and both Howard and Butler are having subpar seasons.

Also, this trade eliminates Dallas's cap flexibility since it trades Howard's expiring contract, which says something about the Mavs' belief in their ability to lure Bosh away from the Raps. Doesn't look to me like they think they can do it.

If Butler improves by the end of the year, this trade probably improves the Mavs, but otherwise it doesn't.
      Letting Howard expire wouldn't really give the Mavs cap space due to them already being over the soft cap (so they would only get Bosh in a sign and trade0. Haywood when healthy is top 5 defensive center. With Erik Dampier out with a injury the Mavs need that Defensive presence in the paint. Butler would give them that slashing 2/3 they need (Now they have just become a jump-shooting team). I'm guessing Gooden will get waived by the wiz and resign with the Mavs.

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post

I'd have to disagree-imo this trade does improve the Mavs and significantly at that. Caron is an improvement over Howard and although Caron is having a sub par season he is still able to put up better numbers. And Haywood who is having a good season, averaging a double double, gives the Mavs a true center in place of Gooden. The Mavs clearly win this trade.

Sure the trade leaves the Mavs with no flexibility, but I'm pretty sure they were already in that boat before this proposed trade. As long as the Mavs can fit the incoming pieces with little disruption in the chemistry of the team, I think this trade will improve the team almost immediately depending on how long it takes for them to gel with each other. IMO this puts the Mavs among the elite teams in the league.

Comment

Butler's having a shitty season in Washington because the franchise is a mess and is one huge cancer. This move will light a flame under Caron's arse forsure because its going to give him alot of incentive. This is a great move by the Mavs and they just got considerably better by adding Butler and Haywood.

All this mean is that the Mavs are off our list of teams to make deals with now. Sure Kidd is an all-star (not sure why though), but they have some serious concerns at the PG for years to come which would of made a perfect destination for Jose at some point.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            Butler's having a shitty season in Washington because the franchise is a mess and is one huge cancer. This move will light a flame under Caron's arse forsure because its going to give him alot of incentive. This is a great move by the Mavs and they just got considerably better by adding Butler and Haywood.
            Yup. I can see Caron lighting it up in Dallas becoming the #2 scoring option. This move will serve to re-energize him.

Comment

I really do not want to trade Jose. I don't care about how strong we could get at the PF with Jamison backing bosh up. But really how much is he going to play? It would limit Bosh, Andrea, and Amir from their regular minutes and it wouldn't help that much. Also I don't see our chances of going far in the playoffs with Banks playing 20+ minutes a game.
              Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Comment

Arenick wrote: View Post
                I really do not want to trade Jose. I don't care about how strong we could get at the PF with Jamison backing bosh up. But really how much is he going to play? It would limit Bosh, Andrea, and Amir from their regular minutes and it wouldn't help that much. Also I don't see our chances of going far in the playoffs with Banks playing 20+ minutes a game.
                Yeah and Jamison has never even been an average NBA defender..... everyone needs to realize that we're only trading Jose if we get a quality starting SG or Versitile Wing player with some Defensive skill....
                When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

The 7-player trade between the Wizards and the Mavericks was made official - Link

The teams agreed on the principal pieces Friday: Butler, Haywood and DeShawn Stevenson to Dallas for Josh Howard and Drew Gooden. Mavericks reserves Quinton Ross and James Singleton were added to the deal Saturday and are also Washington-bound, with Dallas due to receive cash considerations in addition to the three players.
                  Incredibly amazing deal of the Mavs! This will dramatically improve their chances to win a title. The aftershocks of this trade could force the Nuggets and the Spurs to make deals to add key pieces. It could also push the Suns to give up on their chances and force them to trade Amare and begin the rebuilding process.

Overall, I just thankful the Wiz chose not to deal Butler to the C**tics. (Hopefully they don't decide to trade Jaimeson to them either).
                  RR OG

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                    Overall, I just thankful the Wiz chose not to deal Butler to the C**tics. (Hopefully they don't decide to trade Jaimeson to them either).
                    Or to the Cavs for that matter.

Comment

Yeah Let's all just be happy they went to the opposite conference and not to a top 4 eastern conference team!!!
                      When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

The Mavs have a nasty team now. Wow.

Haywood
                        Nowitzki
                        Marion
                        Butler
                        Kidd

Wow.

Comment

This trade might cause other teams to start panicking and trading as well, this might result in a trade frenzy and I am wondering what the Raptors are going to do.

Comment

Working...
                          X