Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Seriously? Lol Not even close.

We have a VERY solid core going forward, with a nice mix of experience on the roster; and while we have quite a bit of money committed, we have an owner that is now committed to spending quite a bit more money.
    A few more good vets, a good coach and a good training camp, I think the playoffs are very much a possibility.

And no day will ever be as dark as the day I found out we traded Vince Carter for Eric and Aaron Williams ...
    Yeah ... I don't get this thread.
    Must have REALLY short memories, if this is the darkest days.

Personally ... a waste of neurons talking like this.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
      The stretch of the franchise where Vince started losing his spirit, Babcock was hired, Alvin Williams got hurt, Hoffa was drafted and Vince was subsequently traded to the Nets for basically nothing was a lot darker than this. We went from an exciting and successful team that seemed poised to be a contender in the East for years to come, to a team that had the bottom completely fall out of it in a matter of months. The fall from grace was a lot more devastating than the trudge through mediocrity that we've seen the last 5 years - although this isn't much fun either.
      Agreed.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Difference between now and the waning days of the Vince era: We actually have TALENT on the team currently.

Just a matter of figuring out how all of this TALENT is going to fit together and win some games.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

We're held back at least another year to see this out.

Looking back though, 5 years of no playoffs after the spirited run with CB4/TJ/JC/ect., this is pretty bad.

At least with a proper rebuild you would have a lot of CURRENT darkest, but you would have FUTURE light with lottery picks and youth development (JV, ED, TR, 2013 pick, 2014 pick [Wiggins]).

We're neither 100% in any of those directions - playoffs or rebuild, none!

Comment

The Mike James leading scorer was the worst year for me. I watched maybe a handful of games that entire year, didn't go to a single game, barely checked highlights, probably the only year I couldn't name every guy on the team and had no reason to learn them all.

This is sunshine and lollipops compared to that year.

Comment

If you think this is the darkest era then you either are a new Raptor fan or too young to remember - or both.

Things are not sunshine and lollipops this season but the days after VC were pretty fricking miserable.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                The Mike James leading scorer was the worst year for me. I watched maybe a handful of games that entire year, didn't go to a single game, barely checked highlights, probably the only year I couldn't name every guy on the team and had no reason to learn them all.

This is sunshine and lollipops compared to that year.
                HOLY SHIT!

I swear I wrote my post before I read yours!

lol

Comment

I was in highschool when that happened, but too young to understand the context of 'winning' basketball.

I just wanted to see VC do his thing but he was injured 95% of the time.

Since then I just became of fan the team.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    If you think this is the darkest era then you either are a new Raptor fan or too young to remember - or both.

Things are not sunshine and lollipops this season but the days after VC were pretty fricking miserable.
                    Well...I started following them after BC took over and when AB was drafted. So yeah...this is the darkest time for me.
                    It's just...the 55 million or so committed to gay, dd, ab, fields and kleiza makes me puke.

Also, we may have arguably become worse after the Gay trade. Not to mention, it seems like we have no shot at Wiggins.

BC has completely wrecked this ship.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      Well...I started following them after BC took over and when AB was drafted. So yeah...this is the darkest time for me.
                      It's just...the 55 million or so committed to gay, dd, ab, fields and kleiza makes me puke.

Also, we may have arguably become worse after the Gay trade. Not to mention, it seems like we have no shot at Wiggins.

BC has completely wrecked this ship.
                      Oh man. I feel for you.

You started following at the pinnacle of the post VC era (otherwise known as the 2nd greatest period in franchise history) and have been subjected to the nose dive.

Comment

We have JV, so no, not even close.

Comment

Good lord! The negativity here keeps reaching deeper and deeper. It's sport, kids. If it isn't fun, wtf bother? I've come to realize that this place is generally filled with young guys/gals, but youth doesn't have to translate to stupid.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                            Good lord! The negativity here keeps reaching deeper and deeper. It's sport, kids. If it isn't fun, wtf bother? I've come to realize that this place is generally filled with young guys/gals, but youth doesn't have to translate to stupid.
                            Young? Check "Get to know you" Edition thread. Then write same post again.

P.S, need unlike button
                            Last edited by RandomGuy; Fri Apr 12, 2013, 05:20 PM.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                              You want positive, check out my thread:

Raptors get number one pick 2018

Comment

pretty sure we're better off than we were last year

Comment

Working...
                                X