7 Derozan Trades that can help the raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 Derozan Trades that can help the raptors

Here are 7 ideas: Which one would you pick?

derozan for lakers' nash
    Nash's value is low. Lakers won't make the postseason (i think). Nash is not getting any younger and strongly wanted to play for his home country. Valanciounas & Ross' development would improve with Kid Canada.

derozan for kings' sign+trade tyreke evans
    Evans is a smarter player with a better shot. Derozan is a more athletic player that attacks. Evans can play some point guard for the team and improve our guard rotation.

derozan+lowry for celtics' rondo
    Rondo's passing is second to none in this league currently. Again, he would make this club a lot better. Boston would improve its depth significantly with Derozan & Lowry.

derozan for rockets' linsanity
    Harden and Lin are both point guards. They each play better with the ball. Derozan fits the rockets better because he plays the traditional 2. Lin would be an instant fan favorite in Toronto. He would also improve our point guard position. Lin is a smart player, racks up good steal numbers. Don't really like that 2014-2015 salary ... but its doable.

derozan for pacers' george hill
    I'll admit that Hill would fit better with the raptors. Not sure why the pacers would do it, other than the increased athleticism and getting a bigger guard.

derozan+johnson for wolves' kevin love
    Call it a dream, but I can see it being possible. Some say Andrea is the perfect fit for Jonas ... I think Kevin Love would be the perfect fit for Jonas. We give a lot in Johnson and Derozan, but Kevin Love's shooting prowness plus rebounding are hard to find in this league.

derozan for suns' gortat+marshall
    A bit of a stretch, but put it out there anyway. We have some potential upside in Marshall, and a good rebounder in the polish hammer. It would probably involve subsequent trades of Bargnani and/or Johnson.
    Derozan for Steve Nash (Lakers)
    0.00%
    Derozan for Tyreke Evans (Kings sign-and-trade)
    0.00%
    Derozan+Lowry for Rajon Rondo (Celtics)
    28.57%
    Derozan for Jeremy Lin (Rockets)
    7.14%
    Derozan for George Hill (Pacers)
    0.00%
    Derozan+Johnson for Kevin Love (Wolves)
    14.29%
    Derozan for Marcin Gortat + Kendall Marshall (Suns)
    7.14%
    None - love Demar, gotta keep him.
    42.86%

The poll is expired.

None, none of those teams will do any of those trades.

Comment

None of them! All of these aren't very good and not worth DD (regardless of how inconsistent he is).

Derozan for Nash - This trade is more or less giving up Demar for nothing! Nash has one year left in him. Two years max. He's not healthy this year as a Laker which just goes to prove that Phoenix's superior team health care system kept Nash healthier throughout his career there. Demar is still improving and he will most likely improve again due to his work ethic.

Derozan for Kings' Sign+Trade Tyreke Evans - If your support for getting Tyreke Evans is so that he can solve our PG problem, let's look away. He's a mediocre point guard. He's more of a short SG and SF. He averages 3 APG in 31.7 minutes. You think Lowry is bad at running the point, Evans will be much worse at distributing the ball!

Derozan + Lowry for Celtics' Rondo - Rondo is easily considered on the best PG in the NBA. Probably only second or third to Rose and Paul. He's still 27 years old and in his prime. He tore his ACL, but like Rose, he's expected to continue his amazing play after his injury. The only way this trade is even remotely realistic is if he comes back from his ACL injury and struggles to play anywhere near the level he did pre-injury.

Derozan for Rockets' Lin - Why would Houston do this? Harden and Lin are not both point guards. Harden is still a traditional 2, but he has passing ability. Having a PG/SG backcourt that can both pass really well is rare and great for a team. You say that they both need the ball in their hands. Demar also needs the ball in his hands as well since he's not an amazing spot-up shooter. He is constantly gonna try to get contact and post up smaller/weaker SGs.

Derozan for Pacers' George Hill - You said it yourself! Nott sure why the pacers would do it. Hill will not make us any better. He doesn't distribute the ball any better than Lowry.

Derozan+Johnson for TWolves' Kevin Love - It's exactly like you said. It's just a dream. Explaining why this is NEVER EVER EVER EVER (x infinity) going to happen is a waste of time. Moving on!

Derozan for Suns' Gortat+Marshall - We don't need a center and Marshall is unproven! Nuff said!

Adding to everything I just said, Ross has not proven he can handle the starting SG position! Until he is ready, I say don't trade Demar unless a good deal comes around! Only voted none, not because I LOVE Demar, but rather because these trades were either not remotely possible or won't make us any better (if not worse).

Comment

1) DeRozan for Nash - Are you on weed, Nash will retire in two years and the Lakeshow has someone known as the Black Mumba who will continue to thrive under the Lakers in the next decade or so, the Black Mumba will retire when there is no game of basketball left, he can play well into his 80s.

2) DeRozan for Tyreke Evans - No, so far, DeRozan is in a different world than Tyreke Evans who's struggling as a PG/SG for the Kings. If DeRozan improves his 3-point shot, he will have a better chance of beating Evans in no time

3) DeRozan + Lowry for Rondo - No, Rondo will not suit up for the Raptors and will likely ask for a trade or bolt to play for a championship-caliber team and he's injury prone so no

4) DeRozan + Johnson for Kevin Love - Yes, I would love to see this happen but there is no way the Wolves will want to depart Love without getting some assets back and I'm not sold the management of the Wolves' team would take DeRozan or Johnson, most likely they will trade Love for Z.Bo or Randolph or even Lamarcus Aldridge straight up.

5) DeRozan for Eric Gordon - Yes, I would love to see this happen in the offseason but i'm afraid the Hornets might ask for more like Lowry or T-Ross or A.Johnson. However, if we can somehow pry R.Anderson off that team, it would be a done deal. Something like DeRozan + Amir Johnson + Future pick for E.Gordon and Ryan Anderson

Comment

Chose none cause these choices are shit quite frankly.

Sorry to be a little mean.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Derozan for Nash.. Oh man..

Comment

I want BC to do DeMar for Nash just to see the reaction of this forum. Priceless.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I'm confused by these trades. Barely any of them seem realistic. If this was just a fantasy trade type thing, it might as well have been lets trade DD for lebron James and wade then.

Nash ?? Come on. That one needs a lot more thought.

Comment

The only one that might be somewhat legit is DeMar and Lowry for Rondo. Upgrade PG and slide Fields/Ross into starting SG. But even then I think we're still giving up a bit much.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

1. DeRozan for Millsap (S&T)

2. DeRozan & Bargnani & 1st round pick for Love & Williams & Ridnour

3. DeRozan & 2nd round pick for Williams & Ridnour & 1st round pick

Comment

I don't like any of these trades as presented.

In theory, Rondo and Love are the calibre of player I'd go after with Demar (people have to remember that the talent traded is pretty much NEVER equal in a deal....see Kevin Martin for James Harden).

It's all about jumping on an opportunity when it presents itself. I do think the deals as constructed in this thread wouldn't happen, minimum for either guy would be Demar + at least 1 (if not 2) barely protected (like top 3 or even just top 1) draft picks, plus filler (that would likely result in some cap relief for either team as well). Basically, they would heavily favor Boston/Minny financially, give them at least 2 or 3 young assets, including the draft picks, and then they get to dictate the filler as well, essentially.

Why would they do it? Again, it's not likely, it's just that both teams will go into next year with a lot of uncertainty.
                      -If Boston comes out of the gate slow, with a team still built around Pierce (and Rondo not back from injury), they might see the value of tanking, especially if KG decides to retire. Remember, they made those deals a few years back to win rings, not contend for 2-3 years and then move into a long cycle of mediocrity. They have very little to build with around Rondo. Ainge is also nto a patient/sentimental GM.
                      -Somewhat similar for Minny. Their team has struggled, partly because of health...but also quite badly in general. They don't look that close to contending, which Love has repeatedly said is a priority for him. It just seems like a situation that could turn quickly. They won't wait for 3 more season to trade Love if they think things need to change. It would be expensive to do so, and they risk his value lowering if he has more injuries.

Again, neither deals are likely, but so much depends on the situation changing and just being ready. This is why I'm in no rush to trade Demar, who is currently the only player, maybe with Lowry too (at least next year with his expiring cheap contract) that can be the foundation of a deal to upgrade talent.
                      Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Apr 15, 2013, 12:35 PM.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                        1) DeRozan for Nash - Are you on weed, Nash will retire in two years and the Lakeshow has someone known as the Black Mumba who will continue to thrive under the Lakers in the next decade or so, the Black Mumba will retire when there is no game of basketball left, he can play well into his 80s.

2) DeRozan for Tyreke Evans - No, so far, DeRozan is in a different world than Tyreke Evans who's struggling as a PG/SG for the Kings. If DeRozan improves his 3-point shot, he will have a better chance of beating Evans in no time

3) DeRozan + Lowry for Rondo - No, Rondo will not suit up for the Raptors and will likely ask for a trade or bolt to play for a championship-caliber team and he's injury prone so no

4) DeRozan + Johnson for Kevin Love - Yes, I would love to see this happen but there is no way the Wolves will want to depart Love without getting some assets back and I'm not sold the management of the Wolves' team would take DeRozan or Johnson, most likely they will trade Love for Z.Bo or Randolph or even Lamarcus Aldridge straight up.

5) DeRozan for Eric Gordon - Yes, I would love to see this happen in the offseason but i'm afraid the Hornets might ask for more like Lowry or T-Ross or A.Johnson. However, if we can somehow pry R.Anderson off that team, it would be a done deal. Something like DeRozan + Amir Johnson + Future pick for E.Gordon and Ryan Anderson
                        The irony is hilarious! This just made my day!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

Much better! Much more realistic! Thank you!

Comment

I think this idea is getting some traction on these forums. Nice to know I (and others) haven't been wasting our energy saying that Demar could potentially net us a real all-star.

*Well, it's not like this makes any real difference, so I suppose we're wasting our energy...sigh...

**I also think if it works out timing-wise, and the Raps offer to take Roy (instead of Williams) from Minny in the deal, which I think (though please correct me if I'm wrong) means if (more likely when) he retires again Toronto pays out the remainder of his contract. I don't know how his contract is structured. Unloading it might be quite appealing. I think if he retires, he would still have to be paid. I'm not sure if it would count to the cap, but Portland amnestied him despite the fact that he had to retire, last time around.
                            Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Apr 15, 2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

I'd love the first one if we could somehow get rid of Bargs as well.

Maybe throw in Bargs, and try to get an insurance guard back, like Burks or Randy Foye.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                              X