Thread: Rookies injured...

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rookies injured...

josh lewenberg ‏@jlew1050 1h

terrence ross tweaked his ankle during what casey called a "spirited practice". He hobbled out of the gym with an ice wrap. Status unknown

valanciunas is still in a soft neck brace. According to casey its not as bad as the team originally thought. Will be a gametime call fri

quincy acy didn't participate in practice, back spasms. Will be a gametime call fri

welpppppppp

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post

terrence ross tweaked his ankle during what casey called a "spirited practice". He hobbled out of the gym with an ice wrap. Status unknown

valanciunas is still in a soft neck brace. According to casey its not as bad as the team originally thought. Will be a gametime call fri

quincy acy didn't participate in practice, back spasms. Will be a gametime call fri

welpppppppp
    Somewhere deep in the bowels of the ACC, Casey and AA do a fist pump and grin.

(jk)
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well an update the third twitter posting on Acy is no longer on Josh's feed so I guess it was false and hes fine. :O

Raptors Republic Rookie Jkwasia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

(jk)
    Lmao I just pictured that and spilled my coffee all over my work desk LMFAO .....but in all reality Matt you cant scare people like this 0.o

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Q has had some nice moves in the past couple of games.

maybe he'll work hard and eventually turn into a gem of a pick.

Raptors Republic Rookie robert parrish 00's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

(jk)
    This made my day

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Q has had some nice moves in the past couple of games.

maybe he'll work hard and eventually turn into a gem of a pick.
    I think Acy's size will always be an issue, and probably keep him stuck as mostly a 3rd stringer. In order to even be a full time backup, he'll have to be able to make up for his size on D, and excel at something on O like jumpers and face-up moves. He definitely has a chance, though. I don't think he'll ever be a starter, but a 3rd or 4th big is pretty good from a 2nd rd pick, and even a guy who can stick on a roster at all ain't bad.

Post Thanks / Like

he's a surprisingly good spot up shooter. great rarely-come-off-the-bench guy.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    he's a surprisingly good spot up shooter. great rarely-come-off-the-bench guy.
    He has a smooth jumper, which is good because getting the ball in the basket is easier with a smooth flow, rather than broken (see Landry.)
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I think Acy's size will always be an issue, and probably keep him stuck as mostly a 3rd stringer. In order to even be a full time backup, he'll have to be able to make up for his size on D, and excel at something on O like jumpers and face-up moves. He definitely has a chance, though. I don't think he'll ever be a starter, but a 3rd or 4th big is pretty good from a 2nd rd pick, and even a guy who can stick on a roster at all ain't bad.
    Yeah. I just checked, 6'7" at PF? yikes. wont work. He needs to work on his jumper and ball handling. The best he we can hope for is a poor man's battier and thats being generous. He seems athletic and quick enough to actually be usuable as a rotation piece. And the fact the he hustles is plus points as well. Im wondering why he was groomed into being a power forward at 6'7"? why didnt his previous coaches and trainers make him play the g/f position??

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Yeah. I just checked, 6'7" at PF? yikes. wont work. He needs to work on his jumper and ball handling. The best he we can hope for is a poor man's battier and thats being generous. He seems athletic and quick enough to actually be usuable as a rotation piece. And the fact the he hustles is plus points as well. Im wondering why he was groomed into being a power forward at 6'7"? why didnt his previous coaches and trainers make him play the g/f position??
    Just a wild guess, but maybe he was always tall for his age, even going into college at 6'7'', that's not short for an 18 year old (lets say). A lot of guys will grow a bit more. So yeah, maybe he just grew fast, but hit the wall there early. So he would've played as a big his whole life.

I don't think you can ever expect a Battier-type (Battier is a wing, Acy is a big)....Trying to thikn of a comparison is hard...I want to say his skills blend a bit of Carl Landry and Reggie Evans, but a bit shorter/quicker.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's a bearded Kenneth Faried

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JV is out for today game vs Chicago.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Valanciunas (sore neck), Ross (sprained able) and Landry Fields (strep throat) will not play for the #Raptors tonight vs #Bulls

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The 3 Rooks better log 30+ mins on sunday. Crush the Nets!

Thread Information