New York out: JR Smith, Amare Stoudamire
    New York in: DeMar DeRozan, Andrea Bargnani, Landry Fields

Raps Lineups
    Lowry/PG
    JR Smith/T-Ross
    Gay/SF
    Stoudamire/Amir/Acy
    Val/C

Why Raps: JR Smith has really proved himself to be an elite SG in this league, he can ball and shoot beyond the arc, I think he will become a dynamic scorer in this league, however his ego is on the same level as Melo so I don't know if two tigers can gel on the same team, he needs to cool it down and play for a team that lacks energy. I think JR would pair well with Gay. Stoudamire is declining fast because of his knee problem, I think he will be traded in the summer, should we take him and his horrendous contract? For Bargs, why not. I think Stoudamire can bounce back given the right team, the right coach, and the right atmosphere. We just need a pass-first PG to pass the ball to him. If he doesnt pan out, he can still be a serviceable C behind Valanciunas.

Why Knicks: The Knicks are looking to win the championship this year but not with the Heat in the conference. I don't see Melo can single handly make this team better, they need some fire tools, enters DeMar DeRozan and Andrea Bargnani. Bargnani always played well against the Knicks and I think he will gel with the Knicks and find his groove again. DeMar DeRozan will compliment C.Anthony, he's a younger JR Smith with tons of potential. Landry Fields will return to his beloved Knicks.

Seriously at first thought I like it. Until I saw that you said DeMar is a younger JR Smith. Only thing in common to me is that they are both really good dunkers. Other than that, Smith's strenths are his 3 point shot and his handles, DeMar's weaknesses. Also, JR would need to take his player option, not sure he'll do it after the season he had, and the probably great playoff run he'll have. Then Amare is done. He'll still be a good NBA player but I don't think he'd do better than Amir, knowing that Amir is a hustler and plays defense, which Amare does not.

Comment

Looks good on paper, but would probably need a Phil JAckson to make it work. Offensively gifted players at every position...I' have a problem with this. Just so hard to make that type of situation work. Everyone in that starting lineup would have to reduce their role's, at least a little. Lakers had that problem this year, not being able to integrate all the offensive talent while satisfying all the ego's. I have argued, and will continue to argue, that good role players are needed in a starting lineup...not 5 guys that can score 20 each.

Comment

Amare makes an average of $22M the next two seasons, but the difference between he and Bargnani is that Bargnani can be amnestied. It makes absolutely no sense to trade Barganani and fillers for Amare. That trade will actually hurt the Raptors, not make them better.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Amare makes an average of $22M the next two seasons, but the difference between he and Bargnani is that Bargnani can be amnestied. It makes absolutely no sense to trade Barganani and fillers for Amare. That trade will actually hurt the Raptors, not make them better.
          Agreed. This trade just puts us in a deeper hole financially. No way.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
          X