Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GT: Nets @ Raptors

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Man it is so frustrating to watch when Rudy and Demar both play well at the same time, because you just know that they are not able to do it consistently.
    because they take garbage long 2s all day and more often than not those shots wont fall for both of them at the same time.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm streaming this game thru the bkn broadcast just to avoid hearing the Matt and Jack. The nets broadcasters are pretty good actually.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote d749 wrote: View Post
    because they take garbage long 2s all day and more often than not those shots wont fall for both of them at the same time.
    Today they were a combined 6/10 from 3PT, and DeRozan took 9 FTs. So half of DD's 36 points were from 3PT or the foul line. Just sayin...

Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This has to be the 2nd best part of the season after JV, watching the raptors win the last 2 weeks of the season and not being pissed about it. I laugh thinking about all the OKC fans going "Oh now you guys want to win ?!?!?" we're 1 win away from dropping from the top 10 and i'm happy now but if we get the 2 or 3 pick with 1% chance i'm gonna be so pissed.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

End of season. Gunning for 9th. Late Season Wins. Summer Growth. More Time to Gel. Optimism...Hope... seems like we are right on schedule, a sincere thank you to Bryan Coangelo, from the bottom of our hearts - raptors fans.

6. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar could be a really effective shooter. He needs to just take it with confidence. That 3 looked assuring today!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    Today they were a combined 6/10 from 3PT, and DeRozan took 9 FTs. So half of DD's 36 points were from 3PT or the foul line. Just sayin...
    Key word in bold.

Now if that was everyday.....

.....and if he rebounded everyday.

.....and if he created for others everyday.

.....and if he played D everyday.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

At the game today, first Raps game in a couple years (I broke my rule and bought tix even though they haven't fired Colangelo). Thoughts:

1. Why does everyone lineup at the Union Station entrance so early and stand there? You can go about 100 feet outside and walk right in. Always find this amusing. Speaking of the crowd, wasn't great today. Still, big crowd for a crappy team at the end of the year.

2. Raps: Derozan and Gay were good. The bench was not. Anderson and Lucas are two of the most selfish players I have ever watched play in a Raps uniform. Why is Dwayne Casey always standing up? Is he the only coach in the NBA that's can't find the bench?

3. Deron Williams is really good. The Nets are not really good. Brook Lopez is baffling.

4. The Dance Pak has really gone down hill. Yikes.

5. Those idiots in track suits who cheer and go into the crowd are annoying as hell. The one guy kept trying to start the wave right when the game was getting close.

6. People really love those t-shirts they throw into the crowd. Are they wrapped around a bar of gold?

7. I got $25 of free gas. Thanks Petro-Canada.

8. Why no T-Ross? Injured?

EDIT: 9. Why the hell is a personal injury law firm sponsoring the Raps? Does this make any sense from anyone's perspective?
    Last edited by slaw; Sun Apr 14th, 2013 at 07:13 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

no.1
    some people actually don't know. most others are stupid. you're lucky.
    no.4
    time to pimp yourself out and pick up some hoes
    no.8
    t-ross was working a hoe out back
    no.9
    why you bashing my firm?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    At the game today, first Raps game in a couple years (I broke my rule and bought tix even though they haven't fired Colangelo). Thoughts:

1. Why does everyone lineup at the Union Station entrance so early and stand there? You can go about 100 feet outside and walk right in. Always find this amusing. Speaking of the crowd, wasn't great today. Still, big crowd for a crappy team at the end of the year.

2. Raps: Derozan and Gay were good. The bench was not. Anderson and Lucas are two of the most selfish players I have ever watched play in a Raps uniform. Why is Dwayne Casey always standing up? Is he the only coach in the NBA that's can't find the bench?

3. Deron Williams is really good. The Nets are not really good. Brook Lopez is baffling.

4. The Dance Pak has really gone down hill. Yikes.

5. Those idiots in track suits who cheer and go into the crowd are annoying as hell. The one guy kept trying to start the wave right when the game was getting close.

6. People really love those t-shirts they throw into the crowd. Are they wrapped around a bar of gold?

7. I got $25 of free gas. Thanks Petro-Canada.

8. Why no T-Ross? Injured?

EDIT: 9. Why the hell is a personal injury law firm sponsoring the Raps? Does this make any sense from anyone's perspective?
    On number 2, or really just on Gay, while I think issue #1 with Gay is consistency (hopefully partly attributable to health), in terms of game, the thing I want to see the most is better passing. He tries to make the right play but his passes are so damn bad. Bad timing, poor placement...I mean, I guess it's good he sees the chances, but they're exactly the kind of passes that lead to fast break turnovers.

Post Thanks / Like

Random sidenote since it's about a game I'm watching now:

Watching the Houston-Sacramento game right now. Man, what happened to Tyreke Evans? I remember hoping badly he would somehow fall to the Raps on draft night, then he won ROY. Never really took another step with his game. In retrospect, it might've been far more frustrating having him on the team...with Bargnani? That might've been the all-time greatest "unfulfilled potential" pair.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...ERVIEW-2444444

These guys are a bunch of jokers...

14. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Random sidenote since it's about a game I'm watching now:

Watching the Houston-Sacramento game right now. Man, what happened to Tyreke Evans? I remember hoping badly he would somehow fall to the Raps on draft night, then he won ROY. Never really took another step with his game. In retrospect, it might've been far more frustrating having him on the team...with Bargnani? That might've been the all-time greatest "unfulfilled potential" pair.
    I think a lot of it is environment with Tyreke. He's not as bad as it appears. But that team doesn't strike me as the most stable place to grow as a player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    I think a lot of it is environment with Tyreke. He's not as bad as it appears. But that team doesn't strike me as the most stable place to grow as a player.
    True. But still, a lot is on the player. It seemed like he had the talent to be a top 5 SG (where he fits best) for years. In terms of areas of impact, he's a threat in multiple ways, much like Harden and Wade. And he's a beast physically. I thought he had the talent to maybe be a franchise player, and definitely be a perennial all-star. That could've helped foster stability. I suppose player and team failed each other.

Post Thanks / Like

The play making in today's game set up Demar and Rudy for better looks @ shots.

I think that is the reason why both of their shooting percentages went up, rather than just one of the pair.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post

theyre copying lebron n wade from last week.

i would have used the word clowns tho..

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just so glad they took the mic out of Rod Black's hands.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL, Demar trying to prove he can work next to Rudy!

Its funny all this talk about Rudy getting double teamed, opening up for Derozan... I feel like they just alternate Iso's instead!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Loved it. I think this is one of the closest teams we've had in terms of chemistry in awhile.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeMar is fucking beast shooting 52 percent for 2 months leave it a lone people and just say dam this kid can play, and hes a part of the future.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information