• Time
  • Show
Clear All

He still needs to slash more

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
      http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...ERVIEW-2444444

These guys are a bunch of jokers...
      I am glad they have so much fun playing on a sub-.500 team and playing one more game before vacation while the best in the league gear up for the point of the season.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Show us some proof. He has not been shooting 52% the last two months
        He has been shooting 52% for the last 7 games.

Sadly when you click ignore you still see the persons quotes when someone else replies to them.

Comment

The fun factor is most important. If they start hating each other and not getting along... playing the blame game... This team is screwed.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
            The fun factor is most important. If they start hating each other and not getting along... playing the blame game... This team is screwed.
            totally agree. i don't see the problem with just enjoying a great win, even if its 'meaningless'. its just small moments like these that make us temporarily forget how bad the team is and how fun it still is to watch them (sometimes!)

even if the lakers were much higher in the standings, i can't imagine watching more of their games and seeing a bunch of miserable old dudes looking like they don't even know each other.
            Last edited by iblastoff; Mon Apr 15, 2013, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              He has been shooting 52% for the last 7 games.

Sadly when you click ignore you still see the persons quotes when someone else replies to them.
              Lol wow

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3978/demar-derozan Hes been in the 50 ranges for all of April and ended March at 49-50% shooting months before that he was maintaining the high 40 avg 44-47% DeMar is playing better ball. Gotta respect the kid.
                ... He's shooting 52% in 7 games in April. He shot 41% in 15 games in March. in He has not shot better than 45% in any other month. Where did you get 44-47% from? More like 41-45%.

Although... the one thing about Demar's game that seems heavily underrated is how much he gets to the line. As many terrible shots as he takes and non-fouls on drives, hoopdata has him as 14th best in the league in FTA/FGA, among swingmen playing 25mpg+. He's still taking way too many long twos though; he actually leads swingmen playing 25mpg+ in shots from 16-23ft. How ridiculous is that. Imagine he went to the basket more.

Comment

TRX wrote: View Post
                  ... He's shooting 52% in 7 games in April. He shot 41% in 15 games in March. in He has not shot better than 45% in any other month. Where did you get 44-47% from? More like 41-45%.

Although... the one thing about Demar's game that seems heavily underrated is how much he gets to the line. As many terrible shots as he takes and non-fouls on drives, hoopdata has him as 14th best in the league in FTA/FGA, among swingmen playing 25mpg+. He's still taking way too many long twos though; he actually leads swingmen playing 25mpg+ in shots from 16-23ft. How ridiculous is that. Imagine he went to the basket more.
                  from his last interview he said that he understands people are on him about the long 2s, but also that he feels increasingly confident in taking them as well. so i don't know if its just going to keep going like this or if they'll fall more consistently. i know that everyone complains about long 2's but they're also difficult to block. i don't mind the long 2's if demar can add corner 3s with more consistency like he did in the nets game.

all i have in my head right now is amir johnson becoming the corner 3 sharpshooter. this would be the most hilarious twist for next year.

Comment

Did you know that the very best in the league at long twos shoot right around 50%? This season, Bosh is shooting 52%, Chris Paul is shooting 51%, Nash is shooting 50% and Nowitzki is shooting 49%. Did you know that if you were an elite, elite long two shooter like these four (and shot, say, 50.5%), that's the points-per-possession equivalent of 1.01 ppp? That would be a good shot for only the ten worst offensive teams in the NBA.

Even if you were an elite, elite shooter from 16-23 feet, you are basically hurting your team every time you shoot it as anything but a last resort. That's how bad that shot is. There is a reason elite defences are okay with conceding that shot.
                    Last edited by TRX; Mon Apr 15, 2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

TRX wrote: View Post
                      Did you know that the very best in the league at long twos shoot right around 50%? This season, Bosh is shooting 52%, Chris Paul is shooting 51%, Nash is shooting 50% and Nowitzki is shooting 49%. Did you know that if you were an elite, elite long two shooter like these four (and shot, say, 50.5%), that's the points-per-possession equivalent of 1.01 ppp? That would be a good shot for only the ten worst offensive teams in the NBA.

Even if you were an elite, elite shooter from 16-23 feet, you are basically hurting your team every time you shoot it as anything but a last resort. That's how bad that shot is. There is a reason elite defences are okay with conceding that shot.
                      DeMar is suffering from "everyone else is wrong and I am correct."

I don't care how confident you are in a long two, it is a sh!tty shot to have as your go-to offensive move. It is lazy and the epitome of "I'm going to get mine. To hell with the rest!"

Comment

In general I would prefer the long two as a "oh shit our offense broke down and we only have four seconds to get a shot up". Even then my preference is for a mildly contested 3 pointer as Amir and JV are better with tapping out the long rebounds.
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          DeMar is suffering from "everyone else is wrong and I am correct."

I don't care how confident you are in a long two, it is a sh!tty shot to have as your go-to offensive move. It is lazy and the epitome of "I'm going to get mine. To hell with the rest!"
                          This is just ignorant.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            If these two work their butt's off in the off season. We could be looking at the best wing duo in the league next season
                            Second! LeBron and Wade! C'mon NoProps! Haha.

Anyways, I do agree that Gay/Derozan as a wing duo would have major potential. If they play and work off each other like they did against Brooklyn - One is the first option, attracts the defense, the other sneaks behind the "aggro", and starts contributing himself - than this would be a very hard team to stop.

I will say, one needs to sit in the low block - preferably Derozan (because Gay is a better perimeter shooter career wise) - and Gay works off of it on the strong side. My opinion though.

Derozan needs to continue to slash first, mid-ranged second, and improve the handle. Gay needs to get healthier, improve the shot selection, and get some legs under him. Also needs to get stronger and tighten up the handle (initially already good ball-handler, just very loose when handling).
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I don't know, I think Demar and lots of Raps who have been here over the last 3-4 years suffered from Triano's presence. Triano didn't develop any of their (Bargnani, Demar, Ed, Amir...) skills very well. He did help a bit with Bargs' and Demar's offense, but not much else. In 2 seasons of Casey, those same guys have developed much better all-around. As much as I hate on Casey for his in-game management and rotations, I do believe behind the scenes he knows how to improve young players. Some guys both have had:
                              -Amir is a far better all-around player now, and basically only his J improved a bit with Triano.
                              -Ed made huge improvements clearly doing what the coaches asked him to in the summer, but is the hardest to blame Triano for with his injury one summer and lockout the next.
                              -THis is the first year Demar has made noticeable (even if statistically small) improvements in non-scoring areas.

-JV made huge strides even within the season...Which was partly why I was mystified by his handling at times, especially after the injury. He had clearly spent the whole time getting ready and listening to everything the coaches were saying.

He just needs to learn to have a bit more trust in his young guys in games, even if he doesn't want to play them in crunch time.

*I never really had anythign against Triano, but now that I think of it, his time in Toronto was a complete failure.
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Apr 15, 2013, 08:07 PM.

Comment

got to respect it.

Comment

Working...
                                X