Tue Apr 16th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
It's just the usual BC crap....he never blames the talent. In BC's mind, or at least publicly, because I don't think he's that stupid, the team always has enough talent to make up for its weaknesses. As such, the problem last year (as he presented it) was that the coach didn't emphasize offense and/or the players underperformed.
This year we'll surely get the same crap about D. He'll talk about how strong defensively the team is going to be, and how it was just a setback year with injuries and new players.
BC pretty much never blames talent, because that would be blaming himself....
Tue Apr 16th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Raptors Republic Rookie
BC will speak a lot of bullshit. We all know that. I would be more interested in what Amir,Gay,Derozan and Lowry would have to say. On a side note posting the last year's press conference video was a good way to screw with many poeple ;
Tue Apr 16th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Raptors Republic All-Star
I guarantee he'll use the term "significant talent increase" in reference to the Gay trade, and he'll obviously bring up how other executives around the NBA think it's a great deal for the Raptors that immediately gives them "credibility in the league".
You can expect to hear the term "opportunity for organic growth" in reference to JV and Ross.
He'll bring up the handful of games at the beginning of Lowry's season where he played like an all star in an attempt to validate that trade, ignoring that the rest of his year was spent alienating teammates, feuding with his coach and playing out of control.
Expect plenty of pats on the back for himself over Amir's season... even though the signing is still not a smart one seeing how he was bidding against himself and inked AJ for roughly 180% of his market value at the time.
Tue Apr 16th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Raptors Republic Superstar
I think we pretty much know all the bullshit he's going to spew once he's on the podium.
I'm very interested to hear what he's going to do with Bargnani, Kleiza and AA, Lowry's contract and what positions he feels like the Raptors need to add to.
Tue Apr 16th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Raptors Republic All-Star
Colangelo, Year End Presser Summary:
- Everyone is disappointed in the results. Not what we thought they'd be.
- Rough start put us in a hole. Trying to integrate rookies, tough schedule and injuries took their toll early.
- Lost a lot of close games. Some bad calls. Couple of those go our way and things are different.
- Played 500 after Gay trade. Gay and Lowry learning new system and each other. Will be better next year.
- Gay is a star talent. Top 5 SF in NBA. Still recovering from shoulder injury. "Elite" player.
- Derozan improved a lot. Took another step. Emerging as a top SG. Working out with Gary Payton who loves him. Happy with the extension. Did I mention Gary Payton?
- JV had some growing pains but showed flashes of being a franchise type player. Very productive for young big coming from Europe. Takes bigs a long time to develop. So many teams praise the pick, want him in trades. Get calls all the time. Huge steal at #5.
- Amir broke out. People questioned the contract but he's earned it. Now looks like a great deal.
- Bargnani struggled with injuries. Never got on track. Still highly valued around the league and in Toronto. Still can be an important piece for us. Get calls all the time about Andrea.
- Will be aggressive in off season. Always looking to improve the team. May use amnesty if opportunities arise. Like some players out there. Making calls everyday. Add complimentary pieces.
- Happy with general progress of team. Building a balanced team. Focus