No announcement yet.

End of Season press-con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was posted 11 months ago. The only difference between these things is the background. Your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      It was posted 11 months ago. The only difference between these things is the background. Your guess is as good as mine.
      I was just making sure.

It will sound and look very much the same, I am sure.

Comment

What a suit.
        Alright. Sooooo Colangelo says that they are fine offensively, and that they are perfectly able to put the ball in the basket. If that was the case, then why did they spend most of training camp working on the offense? Was it because they're defense improved the season prior, so they thought they would just leave it alone? I don't understand that in the least.

I think he's just giving the media a lot of crap in this one, and he doesn't know what he's actually saying.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
          Alright. Sooooo Colangelo says that they are fine offensively, and that they are perfectly able to put the ball in the basket. If that was the case, then why did they spend most of training camp working on the offense? Was it because they're defense improved the season prior, so they thought they would just leave it alone? I don't understand that in the least.

I think he's just giving the media a lot of crap in this one, and he doesn't know what he's actually saying.
          Also, this is from last year...as noted by a couple others.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Also, this is from last year...as noted by a couple others.
            I know it's from last year.

I'm just saying, if he thought they were fine offensively, why put in so much work in the summer?
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I know it's from last year.

I'm just saying, if he thought they were fine offensively, why put in so much work in the summer?
              It's just the usual BC crap....he never blames the talent. In BC's mind, or at least publicly, because I don't think he's that stupid, the team always has enough talent to make up for its weaknesses. As such, the problem last year (as he presented it) was that the coach didn't emphasize offense and/or the players underperformed.

This year we'll surely get the same crap about D. He'll talk about how strong defensively the team is going to be, and how it was just a setback year with injuries and new players.

BC pretty much never blames talent, because that would be blaming himself....

Comment

BC will speak a lot of bullshit. We all know that. I would be more interested in what Amir,Gay,Derozan and Lowry would have to say. On a side note posting the last year's press conference video was a good way to screw with many poeple ;

Comment

I guarantee he'll use the term "significant talent increase" in reference to the Gay trade, and he'll obviously bring up how other executives around the NBA think it's a great deal for the Raptors that immediately gives them "credibility in the league".

You can expect to hear the term "opportunity for organic growth" in reference to JV and Ross.

He'll bring up the handful of games at the beginning of Lowry's season where he played like an all star in an attempt to validate that trade, ignoring that the rest of his year was spent alienating teammates, feuding with his coach and playing out of control.

Expect plenty of pats on the back for himself over Amir's season... even though the signing is still not a smart one seeing how he was bidding against himself and inked AJ for roughly 180% of his market value at the time.

Comment

I think we pretty much know all the bullshit he's going to spew once he's on the podium.

I'm very interested to hear what he's going to do with Bargnani, Kleiza and AA, Lowry's contract and what positions he feels like the Raptors need to add to.

Comment

Colangelo, Year End Presser Summary:

- Everyone is disappointed in the results. Not what we thought they'd be.
                      - Rough start put us in a hole. Trying to integrate rookies, tough schedule and injuries took their toll early.
                      - Lost a lot of close games. Some bad calls. Couple of those go our way and things are different.
                      - Played 500 after Gay trade. Gay and Lowry learning new system and each other. Will be better next year.
                      - Gay is a star talent. Top 5 SF in NBA. Still recovering from shoulder injury. "Elite" player.
                      - Derozan improved a lot. Took another step. Emerging as a top SG. Working out with Gary Payton who loves him. Happy with the extension. Did I mention Gary Payton?
                      - JV had some growing pains but showed flashes of being a franchise type player. Very productive for young big coming from Europe. Takes bigs a long time to develop. So many teams praise the pick, want him in trades. Get calls all the time. Huge steal at #5.
                      - Amir broke out. People questioned the contract but he's earned it. Now looks like a great deal.
                      - Bargnani struggled with injuries. Never got on track. Still highly valued around the league and in Toronto. Still can be an important piece for us. Get calls all the time about Andrea.
                      - Will be aggressive in off season. Always looking to improve the team. May use amnesty if opportunities arise. Like some players out there. Making calls everyday. Add complimentary pieces.
                      - Happy with general progress of team. Building a balanced team. Focus on defense and team play. Look at Memphis and Indiana. Internal development. Need patience. Next year will be more competitive. Should be competing for playoff spot.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                        For me, this is one of the highlights of a lost season. I get to hear how the players think they performed, what theyre looking forward to for the next season, and we get to hear BC BS his way through another lost season and towards a "promising" coming season!

What do you expect to hear?

- BC blaming trades/changes for failed season
                        - BC promising next year will be playoffs for sure
                        - DC point out injuries, trades, rookies in rotation as possible reasons for failed season
                        - DC praising Amir, Gay, DD for hardwork

What do you want to hear?

- BC addressing Bargnani issue, and possible roster improvements
                        - DC ackknowledging JV and Ross and will focus on getting these guys to the next level come next season
                        - DC will let Lowry play his natural game
                        I expect to hear the above. I hope to hear that BC has not been extended.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                          The only thing that would satisfy me is if someone else steps out onto the podium to announce that Bryan Colangelo has been fired.
                          Agreed.

Comment

And the media is too lazy to even ask some pointed questions on topics raised in this forum. The media , in general, might as well be on the Raptors' payroll.

Comment

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

Well, this is his warm up.

Comment

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

Well, this is his warm up.
                                Sorry Bryan, but we've been in supposed "post-Bosh" era for 3 years now. If you're gonna tank and rebuild the right way, then stop with the 32ish-win seasons and just full on tank. That should've been done the year Bosh left.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X