Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Raptors = 4th in league in points off turnovers.

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors = 4th in league in points off turnovers.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

And yet they have played at one of the slower paces....

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sample size. However hope to see more of this strong D and get out and run with the athletic wings to finish for some easy buckets.

Post Thanks / Like

This is only when they are on. The moment the rotating switches to some of the bench players this all turns to shit.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I blame our failures on a bench of:

Lucas/Telfair - Ross/Anderson - Fields - Acy - Gray
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    I blame our failures on a bench of:

Lucas/Telfair - Ross/Anderson - Fields - Acy - Gray
    Of those 7 Gray, Ross and Fields are acceptable. Don't forget Kleiza, he needs to be sent shipping too. And Bargs...ugh!
    Can we get a pg over my height? Maybe one who can play some sg but isn't about getting his the way AA and JL3 are?

You know what, Telfair as a 3rd pg doesn't suck. That makes 4 bench players that are ok.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Of those 7 Gray, Ross and Fields are acceptable. Don't forget Kleiza, he needs to be sent shipping too. And Bargs...ugh!
    Can we get a pg over my height? Maybe one who can play some sg but isn't about getting his the way AA and JL3 are?

You know what, Telfair as a 3rd pg doesn't suck. That makes 4 bench players that are ok.
    We still lack any game changer (supposed to be/was Amir Johnson). I think getting that one guy off the bench who can change momentum and create energy for the team is important. Whether that be actually going out to get that player, or it's done internally, i.e. Millsap comes to Toronto, Amir moved back to bench.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a bench full of minimum scrubs and rookies.

Ross has potential to be a deadly 6th man off the bench, I think that if we got a PG like Ridnour (taller, playmaker, shooter, can play some SG), and a vet big like Zaza or Dalembert, we would be one solid bench contributor away from a good bench. Derrick Williams coming in with Ridnour would be my preference!

Post Thanks / Like

For how little Telfair has played he can at least run an offense Lucas has consistently shown he cant all season. Granted hes no back up but if we are talking third option Telfair all day over JL3.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    For how little Telfair has played he can at least run an offense Lucas has consistently shown he cant all season. Granted hes no back up but if we are talking third option Telfair all day over JL3.
    I agree. The offense turns to effectively nothing with Lucas at the helm. Telfair actually does something..

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Our bench is so bad that they turn a 10 point lead into a 10 point deficit in 5 minutes ... on a regular basis. I hope it gets addressed for next season starting with a back up point guard who can guard his position & actually set his team up. Lowry looks like a hall of fame point guard cause his back ups are pure garbage.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking Jerryd Bayless would actually be a good back up to Lowry. I know, been there done that but Johnny Luke sucks, he makes me wanna cry knowing Bayless is the Grizz's sixth man & a pretty good one in that role.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    I'm thinking Jerryd Bayless would actually be a good back up to Lowry. I know, been there done that but Johnny Luke sucks, he makes me wanna cry knowing Bayless is the Grizz's sixth man & a pretty good one in that role.
    The problem when he was here, IMO, despite public presentation, is that Bayless saw himself as the starter being wrongfully benched. He refused to embrace such a role (6th man) with Toronto last time around. I don't think he had a choice when he went to Memphis though. Maybe it took his experience with the Raps to smarten him up a bit, because dude looked like that chip on his shoulder was going to keep him from getting any good opportunities.

Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    The problem when he was here, IMO, despite public presentation, is that Bayless saw himself as the starter being wrongfully benched. He refused to embrace such a role (6th man) with Toronto last time around. I don't think he had a choice when he went to Memphis though. Maybe it took his experience with the Raps to smarten him up a bit, because dude looked like that chip on his shoulder was going to keep him from getting any good opportunities.
    I think it's because we SUCKed last year and he averaged 18ppg 6 assists during his starts.....I personally think he was fine with coming off the bench and learning from Jose (I can't find one video/article proving otherwise). Bayless actually said he loved being in Toronto and wanted to be here. I honestly don't think Bayless got a fair shake around here and i'm glad he's showing that he can be a useful player on a WINNING team and not a bench player or a scrub on a lottery team (others wanted him to accept that role). I think it was fair for him to expect consistant minutes.....we were a lottery team for goodness sakes!
    Last edited by special1; Tue Apr 16th, 2013 at 12:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    I think it's because we SUCKed last year and he averaged 18ppg 6 assists during his starts.....I personally think he was fine coming off the bench (I can't find one video proving otherwise). Bayless actually said he loved being in Toronto and wanted to be here. I honestly don't think Bayless got a fair shake around here and i'm glad he's showing that he can be a useful player on a WINNING team and not a bench player or a scrub on a lottery team (others wanted him to accept that role). I think it was fair for him to expect consistant minutes.....we were a lottery team for goodness sakes!
    If you watched games last year it was painfully obvious that Bayless despised coming off the bench as Calderon's backup, as though it was beneath him. His facial expressions, body language, the way he carried himself and his level of effort was completely different when he was a starter, as though starter-Bayless and backup-Bayless were two totally different people. Of all the me-first chuckers that Calderon beat out as starting PG during his time in Toronto, Bayless was by far the worst, when it came to his selfish attitude and inconsistent efforts as a true team player.

I was overjoyed when the Raps let Bayless walk this past offseason. I'm happy to see him playing well and contributing to Memphis' success this year and sincerely hope his time in Toronto was the sobering wakeup call that he needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    If you watched games last year it was painfully obvious that Bayless despised coming off the bench as Calderon's backup, as though it was beneath him. His facial expressions, body language, the way he carried himself and his level of effort was completely different when he was a starter, as though starter-Bayless and backup-Bayless were two totally different people. Of all the me-first chuckers that Calderon beat out as starting PG during his time in Toronto, Bayless was by far the worst, when it came to his selfish attitude and inconsistent efforts as a true team player.

I was overjoyed when the Raps let Bayless walk this past offseason. I'm happy to see him playing well and contributing to Memphis' success this year and sincerely hope his time in Toronto was the sobering wakeup call that he needed.
    LOL --- Funny how many people think Lowry had a selfish me first attitude and was a chucking hero wanna be at the beginning of the year. Actually, Lowry got called out on this very same thing that you mention above by his own teammates.....

Also, many people thought Calderon also took a step back (performance wise) when he was playing as a backup.

Again, I don't think Bayless got a fair shake around here. For whatever reason he rubbed people the wrong way. What i saw was his confidence and belief in himself. I never took Bayless' "attitude" as being a problem. He was a competitor - he hated losing. I actually thought his expressions were welcomed compared to BARGS' expressionless mug and seemingly indifference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    I think it's because we SUCKed last year and he averaged 18ppg 6 assists during his starts.....I personally think he was fine with coming off the bench and learning from Jose (I can't find one video/article proving otherwise). Bayless actually said he loved being in Toronto and wanted to be here. I honestlIy don't think Bayless got a fair shake around here and i'm glad he's showing that he can be a useful player on a WINNING team and not a bench player or a scrub on a lottery team (others wanted him to accept that role). I think it was fair for him to expect consistant minutes.....we were a lottery team for goodness sakes!
    Bayless has certainly contributed in Memphis but his personal stats are not eye popping.

I am speaking out of my bum here - as usual - but could there have been a battle behind the scenes with Bayless much like there has been with Lowry? Did Bayless resist the "Calderon Cloning Device" Casey has been subjecting Lowry too?
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Bayless is on a competitive defensive team he will gladly take that role Raps were a "project" Of course he saw himself as the starter lol he wanted max extension money and being the PG of th future everyone is trying to build a brand and get their money up!.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Telfair is a 1000000000000x better defender than J luke and he can dish the rock. Why does casey insist on playing such a garbage PG? i thought it was only for the 2 games against Chi town but then Casey pulled him off the bench against the nets too. I always get worried when Lucas is on the floor, he turns the offense into shit. We want Telfair!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Telfair is a 1000000000000x better defender than J luke and he can dish the rock. Why does casey insist on playing such a garbage PG? i thought it was only for the 2 games against Chi town but then Casey pulled him off the bench against the nets too. I always get worried when Lucas is on the floor, he turns the offense into shit. We want Telfair!!!!
    Dude.....Are you serious?? LOL

Telfair and JL3 are in the same boat. They both are practically useless as a playmaking PG. Telfair isn't even that good at anything (at least JL3 can score). They both turn the offense into shit! Haven't you been watching the games?? Why do you think Telfair gets no PT? Keep in mind JL3 is actually signed for another season....Telfair probably walks at the end of the season.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information