Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Raptors = 4th in league in points off turnovers.

Raptors Republic All-Star special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I think Telfair is a better facilitating PG than Lucas, whereas Lucas is the better scorer (albeit a very streaky one). Assuming the Raptors upgrade their backup PG position in the offseason, I think there's a better chance that Lucas is retained as the 3rd string PG. Not only does the team already hold an option on him, but I think they'd appreciate the potential scoring punch (ie: 3pt shooting) that he could offer; I could even see him getting occassional time as 2nd unit SG if/when the team needs to generate instant offense.
    I agree

What i meant was that they both suck at facilitating.....Telfair is better (from a D to a C-) but neither are good enough IMO.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    I think it's because we SUCKed last year and he averaged 18ppg 6 assists during his starts.....I personally think he was fine with coming off the bench and learning from Jose (I can't find one video/article proving otherwise). Bayless actually said he loved being in Toronto and wanted to be here. I honestlIy don't think Bayless got a fair shake around here and i'm glad he's showing that he can be a useful player on a WINNING team and not a bench player or a scrub on a lottery team (others wanted him to accept that role). I think it was fair for him to expect consistant minutes.....we were a lottery team for goodness sakes!
    Bayless has certainly contributed in Memphis but his personal stats are not eye popping.

I am speaking out of my bum here - as usual - but could there have been a battle behind the scenes with Bayless much like there has been with Lowry? Did Bayless resist the "Calderon Cloning Device" Casey has been subjecting Lowry too?

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Realistically, Bayless is not going to beat out Mike Conley in Memphis. I think it's good that he finds himself in a winning situation with a lot of experienced savvy veterans to run with. It also helps that he is being trusted to carry the bulk of the scoring in that second unit & provide that spark off the bench. I'm happy for him & I will be cheering for Memphis this playoffs. Bayless & Ed Davis, ftw!
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information