Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors = 4th in league in points off turnovers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors = 4th in league in points off turnovers.

http://hoopchalk.com/2013/04/05/the-...an-odd-lineup/

Thoughts?

And yet they have played at one of the slower paces....

Comment

Sample size. However hope to see more of this strong D and get out and run with the athletic wings to finish for some easy buckets.

Comment

This is only when they are on. The moment the rotating switches to some of the bench players this all turns to shit.

Comment

I blame our failures on a bench of:

Lucas/Telfair - Ross/Anderson - Fields - Acy - Gray
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
            I blame our failures on a bench of:

Lucas/Telfair - Ross/Anderson - Fields - Acy - Gray
            Of those 7 Gray, Ross and Fields are acceptable. Don't forget Kleiza, he needs to be sent shipping too. And Bargs...ugh!
            Can we get a pg over my height? Maybe one who can play some sg but isn't about getting his the way AA and JL3 are?

You know what, Telfair as a 3rd pg doesn't suck. That makes 4 bench players that are ok.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              Of those 7 Gray, Ross and Fields are acceptable. Don't forget Kleiza, he needs to be sent shipping too. And Bargs...ugh!
              Can we get a pg over my height? Maybe one who can play some sg but isn't about getting his the way AA and JL3 are?

You know what, Telfair as a 3rd pg doesn't suck. That makes 4 bench players that are ok.
              We still lack any game changer (supposed to be/was Amir Johnson). I think getting that one guy off the bench who can change momentum and create energy for the team is important. Whether that be actually going out to get that player, or it's done internally, i.e. Millsap comes to Toronto, Amir moved back to bench.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

This is a bench full of minimum scrubs and rookies.

Ross has potential to be a deadly 6th man off the bench, I think that if we got a PG like Ridnour (taller, playmaker, shooter, can play some SG), and a vet big like Zaza or Dalembert, we would be one solid bench contributor away from a good bench. Derrick Williams coming in with Ridnour would be my preference!

Comment

For how little Telfair has played he can at least run an offense Lucas has consistently shown he cant all season. Granted hes no back up but if we are talking third option Telfair all day over JL3.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    For how little Telfair has played he can at least run an offense Lucas has consistently shown he cant all season. Granted hes no back up but if we are talking third option Telfair all day over JL3.
                    I agree. The offense turns to effectively nothing with Lucas at the helm. Telfair actually does something..

Comment

Our bench is so bad that they turn a 10 point lead into a 10 point deficit in 5 minutes ... on a regular basis. I hope it gets addressed for next season starting with a back up point guard who can guard his position & actually set his team up. Lowry looks like a hall of fame point guard cause his back ups are pure garbage.
                      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

I'm thinking Jerryd Bayless would actually be a good back up to Lowry. I know, been there done that but Johnny Luke sucks, he makes me wanna cry knowing Bayless is the Grizz's sixth man & a pretty good one in that role.
                        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
                          I'm thinking Jerryd Bayless would actually be a good back up to Lowry. I know, been there done that but Johnny Luke sucks, he makes me wanna cry knowing Bayless is the Grizz's sixth man & a pretty good one in that role.
                          The problem when he was here, IMO, despite public presentation, is that Bayless saw himself as the starter being wrongfully benched. He refused to embrace such a role (6th man) with Toronto last time around. I don't think he had a choice when he went to Memphis though. Maybe it took his experience with the Raps to smarten him up a bit, because dude looked like that chip on his shoulder was going to keep him from getting any good opportunities.

Comment

Bayless is on a competitive defensive team he will gladly take that role Raps were a "project" Of course he saw himself as the starter lol he wanted max extension money and being the PG of th future everyone is trying to build a brand and get their money up!.

Comment

Telfair is a 1000000000000x better defender than J luke and he can dish the rock. Why does casey insist on playing such a garbage PG? i thought it was only for the 2 games against Chi town but then Casey pulled him off the bench against the nets too. I always get worried when Lucas is on the floor, he turns the offense into shit. We want Telfair!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X