Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors = 4th in league in points off turnovers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    The problem when he was here, IMO, despite public presentation, is that Bayless saw himself as the starter being wrongfully benched. He refused to embrace such a role (6th man) with Toronto last time around. I don't think he had a choice when he went to Memphis though. Maybe it took his experience with the Raps to smarten him up a bit, because dude looked like that chip on his shoulder was going to keep him from getting any good opportunities.
    I think it's because we SUCKed last year and he averaged 18ppg 6 assists during his starts.....I personally think he was fine with coming off the bench and learning from Jose (I can't find one video/article proving otherwise). Bayless actually said he loved being in Toronto and wanted to be here. I honestly don't think Bayless got a fair shake around here and i'm glad he's showing that he can be a useful player on a WINNING team and not a bench player or a scrub on a lottery team (others wanted him to accept that role). I think it was fair for him to expect consistant minutes.....we were a lottery team for goodness sakes!
    Last edited by special1; Tue Apr 16, 2013, 12:22 PM.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Telfair is a 1000000000000x better defender than J luke and he can dish the rock. Why does casey insist on playing such a garbage PG? i thought it was only for the 2 games against Chi town but then Casey pulled him off the bench against the nets too. I always get worried when Lucas is on the floor, he turns the offense into shit. We want Telfair!!!!
      Dude.....Are you serious?? LOL

Telfair and JL3 are in the same boat. They both are practically useless as a playmaking PG. Telfair isn't even that good at anything (at least JL3 can score). They both turn the offense into shit! Haven't you been watching the games?? Why do you think Telfair gets no PT? Keep in mind JL3 is actually signed for another season....Telfair probably walks at the end of the season.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
        I think it's because we SUCKed last year and he averaged 18ppg 6 assists during his starts.....I personally think he was fine coming off the bench (I can't find one video proving otherwise). Bayless actually said he loved being in Toronto and wanted to be here. I honestly don't think Bayless got a fair shake around here and i'm glad he's showing that he can be a useful player on a WINNING team and not a bench player or a scrub on a lottery team (others wanted him to accept that role). I think it was fair for him to expect consistant minutes.....we were a lottery team for goodness sakes!
        If you watched games last year it was painfully obvious that Bayless despised coming off the bench as Calderon's backup, as though it was beneath him. His facial expressions, body language, the way he carried himself and his level of effort was completely different when he was a starter, as though starter-Bayless and backup-Bayless were two totally different people. Of all the me-first chuckers that Calderon beat out as starting PG during his time in Toronto, Bayless was by far the worst, when it came to his selfish attitude and inconsistent efforts as a true team player.

I was overjoyed when the Raps let Bayless walk this past offseason. I'm happy to see him playing well and contributing to Memphis' success this year and sincerely hope his time in Toronto was the sobering wakeup call that he needed.

Comment

Dude.....Are you serious?? LOL

Telfair and JL3 are in the same boat. They both are practically useless as a playmaking PG. Telfair isn't even that good at anything (at least JL3 can score). They both turn the offense into shit! Haven't you been watching the games?? Why do you think Telfair gets no PT? Keep in mind JL3 is actually signed for another season....Telfair probably walks at the end of the season.
          I think Telfair is a better facilitating PG than Lucas, whereas Lucas is the better scorer (albeit a very streaky one). Assuming the Raptors upgrade their backup PG position in the offseason, I think there's a better chance that Lucas is retained as the 3rd string PG. Not only does the team already hold an option on him, but I think they'd appreciate the potential scoring punch (ie: 3pt shooting) that he could offer; I could even see him getting occassional time as 2nd unit SG if/when the team needs to generate instant offense.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            If you watched games last year it was painfully obvious that Bayless despised coming off the bench as Calderon's backup, as though it was beneath him. His facial expressions, body language, the way he carried himself and his level of effort was completely different when he was a starter, as though starter-Bayless and backup-Bayless were two totally different people. Of all the me-first chuckers that Calderon beat out as starting PG during his time in Toronto, Bayless was by far the worst, when it came to his selfish attitude and inconsistent efforts as a true team player.

I was overjoyed when the Raps let Bayless walk this past offseason. I'm happy to see him playing well and contributing to Memphis' success this year and sincerely hope his time in Toronto was the sobering wakeup call that he needed.
            LOL --- Funny how many people think Lowry had a selfish me first attitude and was a chucking hero wanna be at the beginning of the year. Actually, Lowry got called out on this very same thing that you mention above by his own teammates.....

Also, many people thought Calderon also took a step back (performance wise) when he was playing as a backup.

Again, I don't think Bayless got a fair shake around here. For whatever reason he rubbed people the wrong way. What i saw was his confidence and belief in himself. I never took Bayless' "attitude" as being a problem. He was a competitor - he hated losing. I actually thought his expressions were welcomed compared to BARGS' expressionless mug and seemingly indifference.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              I think Telfair is a better facilitating PG than Lucas, whereas Lucas is the better scorer (albeit a very streaky one). Assuming the Raptors upgrade their backup PG position in the offseason, I think there's a better chance that Lucas is retained as the 3rd string PG. Not only does the team already hold an option on him, but I think they'd appreciate the potential scoring punch (ie: 3pt shooting) that he could offer; I could even see him getting occassional time as 2nd unit SG if/when the team needs to generate instant offense.
              I agree

What i meant was that they both suck at facilitating.....Telfair is better (from a D to a C-) but neither are good enough IMO.

Comment

I think it's because we SUCKed last year and he averaged 18ppg 6 assists during his starts.....I personally think he was fine with coming off the bench and learning from Jose (I can't find one video/article proving otherwise). Bayless actually said he loved being in Toronto and wanted to be here. I honestlIy don't think Bayless got a fair shake around here and i'm glad he's showing that he can be a useful player on a WINNING team and not a bench player or a scrub on a lottery team (others wanted him to accept that role). I think it was fair for him to expect consistant minutes.....we were a lottery team for goodness sakes!
                Bayless has certainly contributed in Memphis but his personal stats are not eye popping.

I am speaking out of my bum here - as usual - but could there have been a battle behind the scenes with Bayless much like there has been with Lowry? Did Bayless resist the "Calderon Cloning Device" Casey has been subjecting Lowry too?

Comment

Realistically, Bayless is not going to beat out Mike Conley in Memphis. I think it's good that he finds himself in a winning situation with a lot of experienced savvy veterans to run with. It also helps that he is being trusted to carry the bulk of the scoring in that second unit & provide that spark off the bench. I'm happy for him & I will be cheering for Memphis this playoffs. Bayless & Ed Davis, ftw!
                  “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Working...
                  X