View Poll Results: Should ross spend some time in the D-League?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 32.26%
  • No

    21 67.74%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 74

Thread: Ross situation

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    243
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ^ Think he's referring to the interview where DeRozan said Ross still makes a ton of mistakes on defence, haha

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's really up to how Ross handles himself in the event that he does get sent down. Some players work hard and work on their game knowing that a call back up could happen at any time. But at the same time other players that get sent down just seem to mope and whine and are completely off the NBA radar by the end of the year.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Both, but DeRozan less so
    I disagree especially when considering DeRozan has 4 years experience.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    His numbers are not great but Ross has shown flashes of brilliance. Being sent down is no big deal. If taken with the right attitude it should only motivate him to be a better player. I think he'll turn out to be a very good NBA player.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Trade him, seriously.

    He's the one piece on the roster that doesn't factor in to be a big part of next years team but still has good trade value. If you can staple Ross to the corpse of Bargnani and get something half decent back then I'd do it in a second. His value will only go down if he's forced to play behind Gay/DD/Fields/AA (possibly) again for another year and honestly, I'm not sure that he'll ever be the impact player that many on this board believe he will.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    Trade him, seriously.

    He's the one piece on the roster that doesn't factor in to be a big part of next years team but still has good trade value. If you can staple Ross to the corpse of Bargnani and get something half decent back then I'd do it in a second. His value will only go down if he's forced to play behind Gay/DD/Fields/AA (possibly) again for another year and honestly, I'm not sure that he'll ever be the impact player that many on this board believe he will.
    This may be the right cause of action. It seems very unlikely deMar is traded Colangelo and Casey love him and He, Rudy, Amir and Lowry have really clicked together. Ross can be sold at a high prices for a good vet.

    Slam Dunk Champion, crazy athleticism, Can shoot. Lots of teams need a wing. I'd be lying if I said I wouldnt be sad about him being traded though It may come back to bite us in the rear.

    I dream he could be the 6th man though.

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,465
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If Ross is what it takes to help facilitate a Bargnani trade, so be it.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    calmdownpussiesburg
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    demar is more 6th man than ross tho which is the problem. guys who can score but not much else come off the bench(demar). but ross will be a better 2 way player and a more typical starting 2

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote d749 wrote: View Post
    demar is more 6th man than ross tho which is the problem. guys who can score but not much else come off the bench(demar). but ross will be a better 2 way player and a more typical starting 2
    Ross is in no way a better 2-way player than DeMar. Both are pitiful on defense, but DeMar scores more, so he gets the starting nod. Ross is not ready at all to start for this team, he is like a poor man's DeMar with a deeper shot.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    Trade him, seriously.

    He's the one piece on the roster that doesn't factor in to be a big part of next years team but still has good trade value. If you can staple Ross to the corpse of Bargnani and get something half decent back then I'd do it in a second. His value will only go down if he's forced to play behind Gay/DD/Fields/AA (possibly) again for another year and honestly, I'm not sure that he'll ever be the impact player that many on this board believe he will.
    I think Raps. should hang on to him as tightly as possible. Yes, if the return is worth trading for he should be traded but he's far from just another player IMO. Derozan's value is pretty good and he is the guy who should be used to get rid of Bargnani. Maybe even Amir.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Ross is in no way a better 2-way player than DeMar. Both are pitiful on defense, but DeMar scores more, so he gets the starting nod. Ross is not ready at all to start for this team, he is like a poor man's DeMar with a deeper shot.
    Disagree.

    I've never seen Ross pussy foot out of a drive for a flailing layup. Kid looks to finish everything strong and with a dunk. If DD did this, he'd be an all-star.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  12. Like white men can't jump liked this post
  13. #32
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Disagree.

    I've never seen Ross pussy foot out of a drive for a flailing layup. Kid looks to finish everything strong and with a dunk. If DD did this, he'd be an all-star.
    I agree with what you say, I was just putting it in terms of how they're both scoring guards, but provide little on defense.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  14. #33
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Disagree.

    I've never seen Ross pussy foot out of a drive for a flailing layup. Kid looks to finish everything strong and with a dunk. If DD did this, he'd be an all-star.
    I think the problem with Demar is that too often, he thinks the best shot is the one he can get off. Someone needs to remind him how many of his free throw attempts don't come after buckets. It's kind of funny, because he gets to the line a lot, and is clearly still capable of getting there more.

  15. #34
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Disagree.

    I've never seen Ross pussy foot out of a drive for a flailing layup. Kid looks to finish everything strong and with a dunk. If DD did this, he'd be an all-star.
    I can count the number of Ross drives this season on 1 hand lol. Ross probably has one of the worse free throw drawing rate for a wing player this season so not sure what you're talking about.
    Last edited by why_you_mad_tho; Wed Apr 17th, 2013 at 02:16 PM.

  16. #35
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
    I can count the number of Ross drives this season on 1 hand lol. Ross probably has one of the worse free throw drawing rate for a wing player this season so not sure what you're talking about.
    Did you fail the 1st grade?

  17. #36
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
    I can count the number of Ross drives this season on 1 hand lol
    thats true anyone can finish with a strong dunk on a fast break lol. DeMar dunked on people too in his rookie season its the best time to get away with dunks people dont know what you are going to do.

  18. #37
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    thats true anyone can finish with a strong dunk on a fast break lol. DeMar dunked on people too in his rookie season its the best time to get away with dunks people dont know what you are going to do.
    There is no real "best time" to get a dunk off. If you have the elevation and athleticism that DeMar and Ross have, you can pretty much dunk whenever you like, whether if be in the half-court set or on a fastbreak. Just ask Timofey Mozgov for confirmation
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  19. Like ReubenJRD, Rapstor4Life liked this post
  20. #38
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    DeRozan?
    Ross can stay in front of someone, Derozan can't.

    Ross makes mistakes in the team system defensively i.e help-side, rotations, etc, Derozan seems to be in the right place.

  21. #39
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
    I can count the number of Ross drives this season on 1 hand lol. Ross probably has one of the worse free throw drawing rate for a wing player this season so not sure what you're talking about.
    I didn't say he did frequently. But now that you bring it up, Casey is running plays for jump shots and the rookie obliged. Then he was told you have to drive and he has started to do it.

    I said when he drove, he went hard and attempted to dunk everything.

    I am not sure what you are talking about. Where did I mention drawing free throws?
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  22. #40
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Being a better team defender most times trumps being a better one on one defender but hey Ross is a rookie.

  23. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •