View Poll Results: Should ross spend some time in the D-League?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 32.26%
  • No

21 67.74%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ross situation

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I disagree especially when considering DeRozan has 4 years experience.
    Experience Schmexperience. I only care about who fucks up less today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Experience Schmexperience. I only care about who fucks up less today.
    That is a really stupid comment especially when talking about a non-playoff team that is relying on internal growth to improve.

4 years of little to no growth compared to a rookie who is already on par in my opinion.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I love women
    Last edited by why_you_mad_tho; Wed Apr 17th, 2013 at 04:12 PM.

4. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    That is a really stupid comment especially when talking about a non-playoff team that is relying on internal growth to improve.

4 years of little to no growth compared to a rookie who is already on par in my opinion.

Casey has decided that it is better to yank rookies when they make system mistakes or take bad shots. I'm not a coach, I see value in letting rookies play through them, I also see value in letting the starting five gel, I also see value is making people buy into the system the hard way. He is NOT on par with DeRozan in terms of the schemes. He does pass the eye test because he occasionally gets into peoples grill and makes it look tough. Casey was tasked with making or threatening to make the playoffs as well as developing not one, not two, but three rookies.

So you are more than welcome to your opinion that Ross is a better or on par individual defender but the team suffers with him on the floor.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    So you are more than welcome to your opinion that Ross is a better or on par individual defender but the team suffers with him on the floor.
    The team currently suffers with Demar on the floor, too. When a team is as bad as Toronto is right now, arguing Ross vs. Derozan is like arguing Pinto vs. Corvair. I like them both, and I think both can provide value to a basketball team, but I wouldn't want to have to rely on either of them to markedly improve or anchor the team. Neither one is good enough for that right now, and may never be.

For what it's worth, if I were designing a team from scratch, I'd take Ross and his potential on a rookie contract over Derozan and his current production at $10M/year. There's