Ross situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross situation

So would it be bad to send Ross to the D League for a little bit next season? It worked for Acy and well many other players. I think it could help him out at the start of next season. Game time is game time.
    Yes
    32.26%
    No
    67.74%

The poll is expired.

What'll really help Ross is a coach who knows what he's doing
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Casey has treated Ross fairly. when hes hot he plays, when hes missing wide open shots losing people on D and fouling shooters he gets the hook. I dont see what hes doing wrong.

Comment

Doug collins is walking out on Philly

Comment

I can't possibly answer this question until I know what the opening day roster will look like for next year. If Rudy, DeMar, and Landry are the 3 main wings with Ross as the 4th, he should stay with the big club, if Anderson is back I would not mind him getting a few games in the NBDL. Cory Joseph spent some time there this year and it seemed to pay off.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

MAybe I should haveasked "Should ross have went to the D League THIS season" anyone think he should have? The D League is legit no shame is doing it its better than rotting on the bench and a guy like Ross should tear it up down there get his confidence up and skill set refined.

Comment

The number of players who have come out of D-League as a quality player are few and far between. I don't really see the point in sending a player down to the D-League unless you need the space; that happens more often with championship or contending teams.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                Casey has treated Ross fairly. when hes hot he plays, when hes missing wide open shots losing people on D and fouling shooters he gets the hook. I dont see what hes doing wrong.
                I agree with this. Casey has been at the very least consistent in the rotation and minutes for the rookies. JV was getting pulled every time he made a defensive mistake.

In my opinion though, I believe Casey has to allow freedom, giving them the opportunity to play with mistakes, giving them the best learning opportunity possible. Casey did not give that, to quite frankly any of the rookies on this roster.

I say Ross should get minutes in the D-Leauge, it definitely helped out for Acy. But the difference between Ross and Acy, is Acy is a second round pick. Ross is expected to get playing time, which I think he should earn.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

They should trade him this summer.
                  Last edited by Fully; Tue Apr 16, 2013, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Send him down so he can develop some consistency. It'll be good for him.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Ross does not need some time in the D-League. He needs time on the court in the NBA. He needs to develop in the summer, and come back ready to be the bench scorer on this team. People make too much of his consistency. How many rookies are consistent? This year, like Lillard, and that's it. The guys who developed some consistency (Davis, Beal, Waiters, Barnes, Drummond, JV) were because they were force-fed minutes due to roster holes, or earned minutes with strong play (or a bit of both).

It's too bad Ross couldn't get a few more minutes, because when he hit the rookie wall, Casey basically sat him for a month, and that hurts. For almost a couple of months before that, after he had settled in, he had been pretty good and decently consistent for a rookie. But then the trade happened, and Casey didn't feel comfortable working a struggling rookie back into the rotation.

His skill set is pretty good...He needs to work on his strength and conditioning A LOT, because he just wasn't ready for the NBA season I think. He'll obviously also work on his ball skills, but really, I think more than anything, he needs to be more physically ready for next season.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                        Send him down so he can develop some consistency. It'll be good for him.
                        I think there are only certain conditions where you send any young player to the developmental league.

(a) They look lost.
                        (b) It is impossible to give the player any minutes, because:
                        (i) You're fighting for a playoff spot and the urgency prevents you from experimenting with your rotations
                        (ii) Player got injured or something happened where they missed out on being able to crack the regular rotation

None of these apply to Terrence Ross. In my opinion the times you send a lottery pick down is if you've got this 7 footer who has been playing basketball for 2 years and desperately needs to learn some basic fundamentals so you're talking about a very raw, athletic player.

The lack of minutes for Ross has been more Casey than any real legitimate reason. Even when it seemed like we were close, I never thought for a second we'd actually make the playoffs. I know the team has a responsibility to at least try for it, but it never made any sense to me that Ross (the future) wasn't getting more minutes.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          Agreed. I think Casey has good relationships with players but can't be bothered to teach. Probably why he did so well with the dinosaurs in Dallas.

Comment

Ross needs avoid point guard to run with in the bench. He also needs to develop this summer.
                            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                              I agree with this. Casey has been at the very least consistent in the rotation and minutes for the rookies. JV was getting pulled every time he made a defensive mistake.

In my opinion though, I believe Casey has to allow freedom, giving them the opportunity to play with mistakes, giving them the best learning opportunity possible. Casey did not give that, to quite frankly any of the rookies on this roster.

I say Ross should get minutes in the D-Leauge, it definitely helped out for Acy. But the difference between Ross and Acy, is Acy is a second round pick. Ross is expected to get playing time, which I think he should earn.
                              I disagree with the handling of Ross. Check his game log: http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo.../terrence-ross

He puts together strings of good games and then is promptly demoted. And it is not like his replacement is Mr. Consistency.

Unless he is a total douche bag in the locker room it makes no sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X