Next years starting PF now a lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT2010 wrote: View Post
    Do you consider loses when 1 or 2 of our starters are out real loses?
    Nope.. consider them false loses.. especially, if those starters were resting because the team was gearing up for the playoffs.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Chicago was playing without Noah/Gibson and Deng in the first game, and then without Noah/Gibson in the second. Atlanta was playing without Horford. Brooklyn was without Wallace (although that's not that big of a deal). Minnesota/Washington were non-playoff team wins. They got spanked by Milwaukee and lost by 10 to Detroit.

If they played this well when games mattered and when everyone was healthy then it's not a fluke in my opinion. But wins at the end of the season against teams with their best players are sitting out is not a "real" win in my opinion. Especially when the wins don't matter as much for either team.
      Chicago also beat the Heats winning streak without Noah. We beat Brooklyn without JV. We benched demar and gay for the entire 4th quarter against atlanta. You also forgot to mention previous to the pistons home loss, we 20'd them in Detroit 2 days prior.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
        Absolutely. Hell, if DD/Gay can both shoot over 35% from 3, then this is (dare I say it?) a good team. Is that likely? I'm not sure. Even with Gay's struggles this year and the past couple years, he is at 34% for his career, and did have one season at almost 40%. It would be fantastic if his form of the past few weeks continues. As for Derozan, all we ever hear about him is how hard he works. Really hoping somebody directs him to the 3 point line for 1000 shots/day all summer long.
        These are the types of comments that make me understand why fan expectations are way too high all the time. This idea simply doesn't make DeMar a better shooter. I've stated this before so I won't go into huge detail but I'll sum up with practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect. He needs to improve quality of his shot, not the quantity. He could shoot a million 3s a day, it won't matter unless his technique improves first. Same goes for Gay and every other athlete. That being said, it takes time to improve quality. Expectations are often for a player to have significantly improved on one aspect of his game over the summer. That is only realistic if he's working on it properly and diligently and even still, might not happen for a while. Change takes time.
        There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
          The Raptors will never be a great team with Amir as their starting power forward, to put it bluntly
          That's simply not true at all. If Valanciunas becomes an all star you don't need another all star big beside him, its pointless. All this BS is just stupid, we don't need a starting PF we need a Solid PF off the bench thats it.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
            I was there. It was the first time I saw JV playing. When I saw that play, right at the beginning of the game, I looked right to my friend, then I looked left to my father and said: ''Papa, ça c'est notre futur''.

Comment

The Raptors will never be a great team with Amir as their starting power forward, to put it bluntly
              I disagree. Amir balances out our first line-up very well & he anchors our defense. You can't take that away from him. He's a mobile defender who provides enough rim protection. He reacts quickly on defensive rotations & he covers well for Valanciunas' mistakes on defense.

He's not much of an offensive option if you ask him to create a shot for himself, but he finds ways to score effectively. His jumper (in terms of release) has gotten a lot better through the years. His release is cleaner & in the past few games, he has experimented with the 3 point shot.

I trust that Valanciunas will provide a much needed post scoring as he continues to develop. We have Rudy Gay and DeMar DeRozan who can create shots on the block as well. Amir sets screens well, he is good with the pinch post action with the wings.

In short, he provides all of the intangibles for that first unit that box score statistics do not measure.
              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

I would jizz my pants if we get Scola and Frye or even Scola and K.Marshall or one of the Morris twins. Say no to Beasly.

Scola is a good PF but on a shitty team, he is a serviceable big, a possible 6th man behind Amir or start for this team, the guy rebounds like a machine, a poor man Pau Gasol but definitely better than Bargs. Frye is washed up but could find a home for the Raps as a backup C behind Jonas, the guy can knock down a 20 foot jumper and shoot behind the arc. Kendall Marshall is a budding PG and could turn into a Calderon-esque like player, as for the Morris twins, I see the Suns likely to hold onto Marcus as opposed to Markieff, if we land Markieff, he could in 2-3 years become the face of this franchise at the PF position.

Comment

Amir would start for several playoff teams, including Miami, Boston, Houston, San Antonio and Brooklyn.

Comment

Brasky wrote: View Post
                    Amir would start for several playoff teams, including Miami, Boston, Houston, San Antonio and Brooklyn.
                    Although with Miami and Boston, he's probably not the ideal match beside Bosh or Garnett...He'd be fantastic for the other 3 teams though.

Comment

can we pick up Iverson as a back up point guard??? League Vet minimum?
                      He'll be no worse than JL3

http://nba.si.com/2013/03/31/allen-i...meback-sixers/

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                        can we pick up Iverson as a back up point guard??? League Vet minimum?
                        He'll be no worse than JL3

http://nba.si.com/2013/03/31/allen-i...meback-sixers/
                        What are we talking about right now? PRACTICE?

Comment

Sign Gilbert Arenas as a back up combo guard/clubhouse social convenor.

Comment

sign bob cousy

Comment

Disagree. Amir is arguably the anchor defensively of this team, rebounds at a high percentage rate, his starting numbers are incredible - much improvement seen -, and efficient on the field. He's ranked with some of the best players when it comes to field goal percentage, rebounding percentages, etc. Amir isn't an all-star calibre big, but he definitely is a starting calibre big, and with Jonas likely being the big man of the future to breakout and be "the guy", Amir brings a balance to this team's ball dominant individuals.

The Raptors will never be a great team with Anderson and Lucas as their first options off the bench, to put it bluntly.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

People say you get wiser with age not the case with Arenas and AI (he dresses like he's still 16) they're like the anti veteran presence

Comment

Working...
                                X