Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68

Thread: GT: The Grande Finale, Celtics @ Raps

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter phez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default GT: The Grande Finale, Celtics @ Raps

    Celtics-Raptors has always been a great rivalry, though, with raps often coming out with the short end of the stick. With raptors on a pretty good win streak, celtics without rondo, and will probably be limiting pierce/garnett/green's minutes, we have a good chance to take a win!

    Even if its a nontrivial game, ain't nothing like finishing the season with a W at home. So let's go Raps!

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,483
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We win this and Philly and Blazers lose we become 12th worst team, which means barring something miraculous happening we give up the 12th pick in a weak draft, which means in 5 years I won't have to see a kid in the All-Star game and think "We gave up this kid for Kyle Lowry?!"

    Go Raps Go

    Also this would get me my over for the season wins number. Which is just as important, if not more so, in the overall scheme of things.

  3. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
  4. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I heard Raps are 16-16 since Gay was brought in? so we played playoff basketball since then and thats with the terrible bench unit we currently have.... It would be nice to tip the scales to a 17-16 record. Go Raps!

    I wasnt that excited about this season (I didnt think we would make the playoffs) but next season I dont see why not with our current starters and some good pick ups, and losing the dead weight of course.

  5. #4
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I heard Raps are 16-16 since Gay was brought in? so we played playoff basketball since then and thats with the terrible bench unit we currently have.... It would be nice to tip the scales to a 17-16 record. Go Raps!

    I wasnt that excited about this season (I didnt think we would make the playoffs) but next season I dont see why not with our current starters and some good pick ups, and losing the dead weight of course.
    I don't want to get this thread off topic, but with the current roster there's really no way to acquire good players, unless it's via trade (due to salary cap situation). I don't think trading our 'dead weight' will suffice, but I would love to be surprised! I see this team being hard pressed to keep the entire current core together AND significantly improve the roster - something's gotta give.

  6. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well if anyone can trade bad cntracts and dead weight its BC that man could sell salt to a slug.

  7. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,483
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Well if anyone can trade bad cntracts and dead weight its BC that man could sell salt to a slug.
    The problem is the slug sells him back an empty salt packet.

  8. Like isaacthompson liked this post
  9. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter phez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I heard Raps are 16-16 since Gay was brought in? so we played playoff basketball since then and thats with the terrible bench unit we currently have.... It would be nice to tip the scales to a 17-16 record. Go Raps!

    I wasnt that excited about this season (I didnt think we would make the playoffs) but next season I dont see why not with our current starters and some good pick ups, and losing the dead weight of course.
    the end of season streak is padding that number. so realistically its more like 10-16.

  10. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Unfortunately I'll be missing the game for service, but hey, enjoy the last one fellas! It was great having discussion on this awesome season.

    Cheers!

  11. #9
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately I'll be missing the game for service, but hey, enjoy the last one fellas! It was great having discussion on this season.

    Cheers!
    I fixed your quote.

    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  12. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I fixed your quote.

    Okay, well, I thought there were some really good positives to take out of this season. Don't take that away from me!

  13. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter imaginelino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote phez wrote: View Post
    the end of season streak is padding that number. so realistically its more like 10-16.
    then every streak and record is padded, for every team, the record is what it is for no reason that its a 82 game schedule for everyone.

  14. #12
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Okay, well, I thought there were some really good positives to take out of this season. Don't take that away from me!
    I am here to destroy all optimism - lol
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  15. Like ReubenJRD, isaacthompson liked this post
  16. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,634
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lets get this one baby!

  17. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    According to the lovely Holly Mack No Ross tonight...
    Holly MacKenzie ‏@stackmack 34s

    Terrence Ross will not play tonight after re-injuring his ankle last night in Atlanta.
    Have a safe summer kid Get well ad work on your game!

  18. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter phez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imaginelino wrote: View Post
    then every streak and record is padded, for every team, the record is what it is for no reason that its a 82 game schedule for everyone.
    yea ... no. i take it you didnt see the hawk game

  19. #16
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Last game.. should I be sad or happy?

  20. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter phez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    celtics - no KG, no jet, green+pierce limited minutes
    raptors - no ross

    im gonna guess theyre gonna limit gay+dd minutes as well

  21. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star mike, prague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Think that Dwane will utilize the whole bench tonight?

  22. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star mike, prague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Brian Scalabrine ... is a reporter??? .... Got me...

  23. #20
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tonight, we are all Boston fans. This is really nice of Raptors org. Thoughts and prayers are with Boston!

  24. Like Joey liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •