GT: The Grande Finale, Celtics @ Raps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT: The Grande Finale, Celtics @ Raps

Celtics-Raptors has always been a great rivalry, though, with raps often coming out with the short end of the stick. With raptors on a pretty good win streak, celtics without rondo, and will probably be limiting pierce/garnett/green's minutes, we have a good chance to take a win!

Even if its a nontrivial game, ain't nothing like finishing the season with a W at home. So let's go Raps!

We win this and Philly and Blazers lose we become 12th worst team, which means barring something miraculous happening we give up the 12th pick in a weak draft, which means in 5 years I won't have to see a kid in the All-Star game and think "We gave up this kid for Kyle Lowry?!"

Go Raps Go

Also this would get me my over for the season wins number. Which is just as important, if not more so, in the overall scheme of things.

Comment

I heard Raps are 16-16 since Gay was brought in? so we played playoff basketball since then and thats with the terrible bench unit we currently have.... It would be nice to tip the scales to a 17-16 record. Go Raps!

I wasnt that excited about this season (I didnt think we would make the playoffs) but next season I dont see why not with our current starters and some good pick ups, and losing the dead weight of course.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        I heard Raps are 16-16 since Gay was brought in? so we played playoff basketball since then and thats with the terrible bench unit we currently have.... It would be nice to tip the scales to a 17-16 record. Go Raps!

I wasnt that excited about this season (I didnt think we would make the playoffs) but next season I dont see why not with our current starters and some good pick ups, and losing the dead weight of course.
        I don't want to get this thread off topic, but with the current roster there's really no way to acquire good players, unless it's via trade (due to salary cap situation). I don't think trading our 'dead weight' will suffice, but I would love to be surprised! I see this team being hard pressed to keep the entire current core together AND significantly improve the roster - something's gotta give.

Comment

Well if anyone can trade bad cntracts and dead weight its BC that man could sell salt to a slug.

Comment

Well if anyone can trade bad cntracts and dead weight its BC that man could sell salt to a slug.
            The problem is the slug sells him back an empty salt packet.

Comment

the end of season streak is padding that number. so realistically its more like 10-16.

Comment

Unfortunately I'll be missing the game for service, but hey, enjoy the last one fellas! It was great having discussion on this awesome season.

Cheers!
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  Unfortunately I'll be missing the game for service, but hey, enjoy the last one fellas! It was great having discussion on this season.

Cheers!
                  I fixed your quote.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I fixed your quote.

Okay, well, I thought there were some really good positives to take out of this season. Don't take that away from me!
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                      the end of season streak is padding that number. so realistically its more like 10-16.
                      then every streak and record is padded, for every team, the record is what it is for no reason that its a 82 game schedule for everyone.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        Okay, well, I thought there were some really good positives to take out of this season. Don't take that away from me!
                        I am here to destroy all optimism - lol

Comment

Lets get this one baby!
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

According to the lovely Holly Mack No Ross tonight...
                            Holly MacKenzie ‏@stackmack 34s

Terrence Ross will not play tonight after re-injuring his ankle last night in Atlanta.
                            Have a safe summer kid Get well ad work on your game!

Comment

imaginelino wrote: View Post
                              then every streak and record is padded, for every team, the record is what it is for no reason that its a 82 game schedule for everyone.
                              yea ... no. i take it you didnt see the hawk game

Comment

Working...
                              X