Top plays of '12/'13 - Raptors get Shafted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top plays of '12/'13 - Raptors get Shafted

No Raptor play made the list. The only reason I would be upset about this, is because of 2 derozan plays which have a right (compared to the other plays) to make it in the top 10!

Not only is the Buzzer Beater the EXACT same situation as JR Smiths buzzer beater that went #4, but Derozan has 2 defenders on him and shoots from farther out (at least a step)!! How did JR get to number 4 and Derozan not even have his play in the top 10?

Jr Smiths play:

Now this one pisses me off. Derozans dunk I believe is 2nd on the Dunk ladder, ahead of 3 other plays found in the top 10! AND YET, those 3 plays appear on the top 10, and Derozan with the best unassisted poster of the year gets shafted.

I hate american media.. Thoughts?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

its not like the knicks were even playing against a better team than the magic anyway.

basically no one in the US knows/cares about the raptors ever since vince left. i remember in a game right after the gay trade, an announcer saying rudy came from miami to toronto. what??? its like as soon as any player ends up in canada, everyone just forgets anything they knew about them.

Comment

make Canadian rankings, problem solved guys
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Agree on DD's dunk.

Knicks vs. OKC game winner OR Raptors vs. Magic game winner?

Sorry, Knicks and OKC. Context matters.

Comment

DeRozan's dunk was definitely one of the top 3 dunks of the year...I don't know what goes through the minds of the NBA.com executives. I gave up a long time ago with these Americans.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Agree on DD's dunk.

It was the Bobcats.. not OKC..

The shots were identical, but Derozan had two defenders (from a better team) and shot from further away. There is no other metric someone can argue that JR made a better play, other than the 'reputation' metric. Thats what pisses me off, its only because he is JR and hes part of the Knicks. No other reason comes to mind!

Comment

They are interested in their own market, though they don't get the fact that more coverage on Raptors expand their market by... a lot.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I think we shouldn't care about recognition as long as our record doen't justify it. The Raptors want recognition? Get to a conference final.

Comment

Agree on DD's dunk.

That was vs the Bobcats not OKC...

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    That was vs the Bobcats not OKC...
                    Hey! You can't blame him, I mean the Bobcats are basically on the same level as the Thunder.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Agree on DD's dunk.

Its actually against the Bobcats DeMars game winner is pretty awesome no reason it shouldnt be there. I havent watched the video yet but there was no Rap plays at all? how about Rudy's game winners....

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Its actually against the Bobcats DeMars game winner is pretty awesome no reason it shouldnt be there. I havent watched the video yet but there was no Rap plays at all? how about Rudy's game winners....
                        none.zero.zip

Comment

Raptors got shafted because they didn't get a play selected in the top 10 of approx 280 000 possible possessions across the league this year?

Yeah the world hates us for sure.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                            Raptors got shafted because they didn't get a play selected in the top 10 of approx 280 000 possible possessions across the league this year?

Yeah the world hates us for sure.
                            It would be quite stupid to say that the American media doesn't favour their teams any more than they do the Raptors.

Not being on a top 10 list doesn't mean it's the end of the world, but it's somewhat meaningful when DESERVING plays are put on them.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Some plays are included because they are truly great plays that transcend geography/demographics. Other borderline plays are likely included because the NBA isn't stupid and knows what/where their biggest markets are (ie: NY). Plus, a consensus list would be boring, whereas a contentious list creates discussion and debate... which do you think the NBA would prefer??

Comment

Working...
                              X