Thread: Juan Dixon - Steroids Positive

Post Thanks / Like

Default Juan Dixon - Steroids Positive

Quote CBS NEWS wrote: View Post
    MALAGA, Spain -- Former NBA player Juan Dixon has tested positive for the steroid nandrolone, his Spanish team Unicaja announced.

The player gave the drug test in Greece in November, before he joined the Malaga-based team, Unicaja said on its website.

Dixon was informed of the positive result several days ago and the International Basketball Federation decided to suspend him on Friday. His suspension is indefinite until further notice.

Dixon, who won an NCAA championship with Maryland in 2002, played for Washington, Portland, Toronto and Detroit in the NBA.
    Whouda thunk it.
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Raptors Republic Starter Dark Knight's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Juan Dixon? I would've believed that Shaq or Dwight were juicin', but Juan? This guys a twig...
    "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks-performance enhancers have no place in sports.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't jump the gun here. For all we know he could have been coming back from an injury. Steroids aren't evil, they do help many, many people. For all we know he could have had a doctor's prescription. Broken rules are broken rules though...

Raptors Republic Rookie chunkable's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

or u kno.. desperate times call for desperate measures

Post Thanks / Like

I don't buy that. Have you ever seen Juan Dixon? On top of that he's not really playing a position where size and brute strength really does much. I'll reserve my opinion until the man speaks.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that he's over 30 probably has a lot to do with it. IF he did take steroids, it probably has to do with the fact that he did them to offset the fact that he's not a young guy anymore, and your body simply does not respond as well in your 30's as it does in your 20s. I can testify t this, unfortunately.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't buy that. Have you ever seen Juan Dixon? On top of that he's not really playing a position where size and brute strength really does much. I'll reserve my opinion until the man speaks.
    He's always been a pretty ripped and lean dude. I haven't seen him since he was last in the league, but its not too far fetched to believe someone like himself has turned to "the juice". In most cases alot of these players use different forms of steriods for rehab from certain injuries such as muscles tears, etc. My guess is that he took something that me might not been aware of. Just a hunch.

Thread Information