Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Dixon - Steroids Positive

CBS NEWS wrote: View Post
    MALAGA, Spain -- Former NBA player Juan Dixon has tested positive for the steroid nandrolone, his Spanish team Unicaja announced.

The player gave the drug test in Greece in November, before he joined the Malaga-based team, Unicaja said on its website.

Dixon was informed of the positive result several days ago and the International Basketball Federation decided to suspend him on Friday. His suspension is indefinite until further notice.

Dixon, who won an NCAA championship with Maryland in 2002, played for Washington, Portland, Toronto and Detroit in the NBA.
    Whouda thunk it.
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Juan Dixon? I would've believed that Shaq or Dwight were juicin', but Juan? This guys a twig...
    "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

That sucks-performance enhancers have no place in sports.

Comment

I wouldn't jump the gun here. For all we know he could have been coming back from an injury. Steroids aren't evil, they do help many, many people. For all we know he could have had a doctor's prescription. Broken rules are broken rules though...

Comment

or u kno.. desperate times call for desperate measures

Comment

I don't buy that. Have you ever seen Juan Dixon? On top of that he's not really playing a position where size and brute strength really does much. I'll reserve my opinion until the man speaks.

Comment

The fact that he's over 30 probably has a lot to do with it. IF he did take steroids, it probably has to do with the fact that he did them to offset the fact that he's not a young guy anymore, and your body simply does not respond as well in your 30's as it does in your 20s. I can testify t this, unfortunately.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                I don't buy that. Have you ever seen Juan Dixon? On top of that he's not really playing a position where size and brute strength really does much. I'll reserve my opinion until the man speaks.
                He's always been a pretty ripped and lean dude. I haven't seen him since he was last in the league, but its not too far fetched to believe someone like himself has turned to "the juice". In most cases alot of these players use different forms of steriods for rehab from certain injuries such as muscles tears, etc. My guess is that he took something that me might not been aware of. Just a hunch.

Comment

Working...
                X